• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If Osi is traded for a 2nd and 5th

IMO. Osi will only get a 3rd or a 4th.

Comment

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="Bigbluefan1974"]People here that think Osi isn't worth more than a 4th rounder are clueless. Tell me what 4th rounder in this years draft is going to give you roughly 13 sacks and I will agree that is all hes worth.
      [/quote]

Why do so many people completely ignore the financial aspect of trading Osi?

The main reason why a team probably won't give up a second rounder for Osi, is not because Osi's talent isn't at least equivalent to the talent of a second rounder. It's because Osi is 30 years old, is in the last year of his current deal (which he is unhappy with) and wants big money. Thus, the team trading for Osi is not only getting his talent, but isgetting a lot of financial baggage too. They have to either sign a 30 year old, oft-injuredplayerto a big deal, or insist that he play out his current deal, in which case he'll whine like he did here, and then leave after one year.

[/quote]
      So how much is 13 sacks a year worth to a team and several game changing turnovers? Who cares how old he is. The facts are he makes plays. I have seen players no where as good as he is go for higher picks. Richard Seymour being one.

Comment

Remember when a 33 year old Jason Taylor was traded a couple years back for a 2nd and 6th round pick?

Crazier things have happened.

Comment

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]As much as I like the excitement of trades and getting new players through the draft, I can't help but think that Osi is most valuable to us playing out his contract here, and then getting whatever compensatory future picks for him signing big elsewhere.

And I wouldn't consider myself a loyal Osi fan or an Osi hater.* Giants fan only.
          [/quote]

This! Let him play out and get whatever compensatory picks we get which look like a third Manningham + Osi. vs nothing.

Comment

U people that actually think losing a probowl DE is worth a 2nd round pick make me sick....

Comment

I dont want to trade him but Its not worth trading him unless they get a 2nd. probably get a 3rd round comp pick if he leaves in FA

Comment

Does the new LB signal a move for Kiwi back to DE and a trade for Osi?

Comment

[quote user="Gmenfan87"]Does the new LB signal a move for Kiwi back to DE and a trade for Osi?[/quote]

Good question, perhaps it does.
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="T.Rice57"]We better not lose Osi. He was the spark to our defense last year, and was incredible in getting pressure on the QB. We need him.
                    [/quote]

That's right, and Tiki, we can't win without him. Shockey either, don't forget Plexico.

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="Warchild"]we should then should try to trade down and pick up a second in next years draft...[/quote]

What makes you think anybody is giving us a second for Osi?[/quote]
                      I wouldn't take less than a 2nd for Osi. I'd rather have him with us for 1 more year and then watch him walk then take less than a 2nd.

The guy is one of the best pass rushers in the league and I'd love to him around for at least one more year.

Comment

[quote user="myles2424"]U people that actually think losing a probowl DE is worth a 2nd round pick make me sick....[/quote]
                        I agree with you, but I'm just saying that if were to be traded then it shouldn't be for less than a second. Still, I don't want Osi traded. I'd rather at least get 1 more year out of him.

Comment

[quote user="Mohann"][quote user="T.Rice57"]We better not lose Osi.* He was the spark to our defense last year, and was incredible in getting pressure on the QB.* We need him.
                          [/quote]*

That's right, and Tiki, we can't win without him. Shockey either, don't forget Plexico.
                          [/quote]
                          All valid points, but the difference is that our defense is predicated on getting to the QB in a hurry and Osi has been a big part of that. Him playing healthy at the end of this past year was a big reason why the D came together and played exceptionally during the playoffs, and hence won a SB.

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]I dont want to trade him but Its not worth trading him unless they get a 2nd. probably get a 3rd round comp pick if he leaves in FA [/quote]

This. while i don't want him to leave, its a business.

to me with this years production osi lived up to the verbal agreement to me. no one has a knack for stripping the ball like he does and sometimes that all thats needed to change the momentum of a losing game. When content no one can question his leadership in the locker room and his play on the field.

we will see i hope we work something out with him included in our future but whatever is done i hope its with a 2nd rounder in mind anything less would be kind of a rip to us

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                            @Katdaddyjay 17h
                            @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                            http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

[quote user="rainierjef"]

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]I dont want to trade him but Its not worth trading him unless they get a 2nd. probably get a 3rd round comp pick if he leaves in FA [/quote]

This. while i don't want him to leave, its a business.

to me with this years production osi lived up to the verbal agreement to me. no one has a knack for stripping the ball like he does and sometimes that all thats needed to change the momentum of a losing game. When content no one can question his leadership in the locker room and his play on the field.

we will see i hope we work something out with him included in our future but whatever is done i hope its with a 2nd rounder in mind anything less would be kind of a rip to us

[/quote]
                              Exactly -- I don't want him traded, but if it happens it had better not be for less than a 2nd. And it had better be to the AFC.

Comment

[quote user="myles2424"]U people that actually think losing a probowl DE is worth a 2nd round pick make me sick....[/quote]

So what is he worth if he doesn't want to stay and the Giants can't afford to give him what he wants?

Comment

Working...
                                X