Coby Fleener

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coby Fleener

IMHO i think fleener is the BPA in the group of guys you mentioned. we need to restablish our over the middle threat with the defenseless player rules we can gash defenses for big gains fleener has the jets for it

Comment

We have a franchise QB and we need to make sure that he has the weapons that he needs. We lost our #3WR and we have one startingcaliber TEwho will be ready to play next year.

I think that there is a very good chance that Fleener could be our pick (if he's still there of course)

Comment

[quote user="jomo"]

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="jomo"]I don't know the kid so I watched 2/3 of the vid to see what he's got. I gave up because it didn't show much. What I saw was a bunch of athletic stuff but only a few seconds of him in game situations. For all I know we could be drafting a decathlete to play tight end. Not a big fan of those types of vids, I'm a game film junkie.[/quote] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UoCWTyIRwk[/quote]That's awesome Slip. Thanks!*

He moves really well for a guy who's 6'6" and 247 lbs. He would look great in Blue.

[/quote]Just so u guys know all these videos can be found in the Film Room thread on the 1st page. There is like 500 videos

Comment

I got no qualms about drafting Fleener in RD 1.. I honestly woulden't mind if we drafted Dwayne Allen in RD 1, as i think hes also gonna be a stud(think Fred Davis with a QB and no off field issues).. I also really like Ladarious Green, and have no issue if we go get Orson Charles.. I actually lke all 4 of the top 4 tes in this class.. I think all 4 are gonna have solid careers...

Comment

Coby Fleener as a Receiver

Some targets from games where he only had a few catches and targets plus some from the games I cut already

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Some targets from games where he only had a few catches and targets plus some from the games I cut already

[/quote]

Truly is a special talent. Love the first 3 catches you put on this video, his post routes against arizona and duke were just phenomenal. Fleener showed tremendous ability to just explode out of his stem in a short area. This is a guy who I see can absolutely separate from DBs in the NFL as a WR split out.

You gotta love his intelligence too. Smart guy and seems to know the tricks how to beat man coverage where it takes some receivers years to learn that. Doug baldwin came from that same stanford offense and look how he transitioned into the nfl from a intelligence/savvy standpoint

Love this guy, been on that fleener bandwagon for months now

Comment

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

Truly is a special talent. Love the first 3 catches you put on this video, his post routes against arizona and duke were just phenomenal. Fleener showed tremendous ability to just explode out of his stem in a short area. This is a guy who I see can absolutely separate from DBs in the NFL as a WR split out.

You gotta love his intelligence too. Smart guy and seems to know the tricks how to beat man coverage where it takes some receivers years to learn that. Doug baldwin came from that same stanford offense and look how he transitioned into the nfl from a intelligence/savvy standpoint

Love this guy, been on that fleener bandwagon for months now[/quote]Im pissed I went to cut the Oregon game on here and the file was damaged. His best game statistically was Washington State and I cant find it.

I hope the Giants end up with Fleener but I think its very unlikely. I think other teams will recognize how high his ceiling is. The 2nd post route wasnt even a good throw by Luck. Fleener generated great separation but the throw almost led to a pick

Comment

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

Love this guy, been on that fleener bandwagon for months now[/quote]
                  He's one of the more explosive TE's to come out in recent memory with one of the better size speed combos. Also very fluid in his route running which makes you forget he weighs 250 pounds.

IMO he's a more explosive and stronger Greg Olsen...version 2.0 if you will

Let me add that he plays faster and is a better route runner then jimmy graham and rob gronkowsi. Not as physical as they are, but he'll be able to strecth the seem with the best of em

Comment

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

Love this guy, been on that fleener bandwagon for months now[/quote]
                    He's one of the more explosive TE's to come out in recent memory with one of the better size speed combos. Also very fluid in his route running which makes you forget he weighs 250 pounds.

IMO he's a more explosive and stronger Greg Olsen...version 2.0 if you will

Let me add that he plays faster and is a better route runner then jimmy graham and rob gronkowsi. Not as physical as they are, but he'll be able to strecth the seem with the best of em
                    [/quote]

I agree. I was watching some jimmy graham highlights the other day and I thought to myself there's a ton of things he did that I think fleener can too. Most of Graham's big plays was running up the seam vertically and catching passes over linebackers heads using his size + long arms. I think Fleener has that ability and he is much more sharper/explosive route runner than Gronk too although gronkowski's game is more about his ball skills/body control

The only thing I can't see fleener doing is like you said, making those phyiscal one-on-one jump ball catches in the red zone. He hasnt really done that much at stanford... he usually always separates.

Comment

Working...
                    X