Donta Hightower visits NYG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donta Hightower visits NYG

this should make some people on this board happy, not me though. Don't think he fits our scheme.

Alabama's Donta Hightower visited the Giants today. On his way to see the Bears tomorrow. He's a hot commodity right now.

from SI's Peter King on twitter

Re: Donta Hightower visits NYG

Well I think he can make a very good SAM.

Which may be a need going forward, seeing as Kiwi is in the last year of his deal.

Comment

yea he would definitely be better @ SAM then MLB, but I still think he is more of a 3-4 ILB

he can't be any worse than Sintim lol

Comment

Here's the question, though, when was the last time we drafted a higher profile player that came for a pre-draft visist?

Comment

[quote user="Drez"]Here's the question, though, when was the last time we drafted a higher profile player that came for a pre-draft visist?
          [/quote]

JPP, Jernigan, Sintim, Barden, Tracy, Beckum, Im sure there are more.

Comment

Interesting

I think this is the giants being open minded, looking at all options. If Hightower is moderately high on their board, he would be a solid pick. Love him as a player, dont overly like him for the giants though

Comment

lol we were having this argument in my other thread, don't let Neverend or nycsportzfan hear u say that

I honestly can't answer that, but I don't remember any off the top of my head, at least not first rounders

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Drez"]Here's the question, though, when was the last time we drafted a higher profile player that came for a pre-draft visist?
                [/quote]

JPP, Jernigan, Sintim, Barden, Tracy, Beckum, Im sure there are more.[/quote]

I didn't know who any of those guys were prior to us drafting them... I know who Donta Hightower is.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Drez"]Here's the question, though, when was the last time we drafted a higher profile player that came for a pre-draft visist?
                  [/quote]

Adrian Tracy was a high profile guy???

Comment

[quote user="greenca190"]

I didn't know who any of those guys were prior to us drafting them... I know who Donta Hightower is.[/quote]

Um. I would consider any players drafted in the first couple rounds to be pretty high profile players.

How many giants draft picks do you consider high profile if you never heard of anyone? None of them?

Comment

Smoke screen !!!!
                      " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

[quote user="B-Red22"]
                        Adrian Tracy was a high profile guy???[/quote]

The others werent? Giants bring in players they draft quite frequently, that part is clear.

Whether guys are "high profile" or not is a pointless exercise. That depends on how closely you follow the draft.

Comment

[quote user="G-Men Surg."]Smoke screen !!!![/quote]

A popular belief, but the giants dont play those type of games

I remember this was the general, overall feel when they brought in JPP for a visit. Nearly everyone thought it was a smoke screen and JR being a "genius" through some odd idea of manipulation and mind games. Turns out, they actually liked him lol

Comment

I like Hightower and a lot of people said the same thing about scheme with Rolando McClain (Also from bama) and he is doing just fine as a 4-3 MLB for Oakland. I think Hightower can play MLB and to those who say he's slow, to me he doesn't look slow he looks controlled. he doesn't take unnecessary steps and is a subtle scraper who takes good angles. I rarely see him take a bad angle.

Comment

[/quote]

Hmm. For whatever reason I was under the assumption that we normally didn't draft guys we brought in for visits. Guess I was very, very wrong. Thanks for dispelling that misbelief.

Comment

Working...
                              X