Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who would be disappointed with fleener in round 1

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="Pa1jintfan"]I would. A lot of mocks still have us taking him if available. I feel that we are in great shape now with TEs. I think Bennett will be solid and Ballard will be back eventually. I just think TE is not the right pick. I love what Reese has done lately. Adding nice quality depth to a solid football team. I think it comes down to 4 positions. DE,OL,CB,LB. With possibly RB, but I think we will get a 5-6 year RB after the draft. Hopefully benson.[/quote]

We are in "great shape" at TE???* lol

Ballard will probably not even play this year and Beckum was a non-contributor before he blew his knee out.* Pascoe is not a starting caliber TE and Bennett has been a career underachiever.

Yeah, we're in*great shape at TE alright . . . .*

[/quote]

exactly. also, keep in mind that ballard is also pretty slow. if he loses a step bc of his injury, which is almost always the case, ballard imo will pretty much be done...i know he had success last yr even with being slow, but a lot of that was bc of eli being accurate and ballard giving eli a big target. i just cannot imagine how ballard would get any seperation if he loses a step. he could very well recover fully, but he's only signed for 1 more yr just like bennett.

fleener would be the long term TE solution imo and he'd be a beast in this offense with eli

Comment

[quote user="gmen0820"]I would rather take the best RB in the first and pray for Allen in the second. Allen and Bennett give us two huge upside, mauling inline TEs. If we take Martin, he is a great downhill feature back. We could run 22 all day, and we'd have two tough TEs who could catch and block, a devastating run game again, and two receivers in Nicks and Cruz who can get open without help from scheme. Think Cowboys offense on steroids.[/quote]

Exactly- even if Allen is gone by the end of the 2nd- we could draft someone like Egnew in 4th and let Pope develop him. I also think that WR are quite deep in this draft that we can wait til Round 4- a guy like Streeter or Quick- both could stretch the field for us like Manningham did. I like Streeter- big and fast and very young and could develop into great receiver. That would leave round 2 and 3 to add some big bodies on OL and DL.

Comment

[quote user="DelawareGiants"][quote user="gmen0820"]I would rather take the best RB in the first and pray for Allen in the second. Allen and Bennett give us two huge upside, mauling inline TEs. If we take Martin, he is a great downhill feature back. We could run 22 all day, and we'd have two tough TEs who could catch and block, a devastating run game again, and two receivers in Nicks and Cruz who can get open without help from scheme. Think Cowboys offense on steroids.[/quote]

Exactly- even if Allen is gone by the end of the 2nd- we could draft someone like Egnew in 4th and let Pope develop him. I also think that WR are quite deep in this draft that we can wait til Round 4- a guy like Streeter or Quick- both could stretch the field for us like Manningham did. I like Streeter- big and fast and very young and could develop into great receiver. That would leave round 2 and 3 to add some big bodies on OL and DL.[/quote]Yeah if we went DL in the first and/or second, we could still get a guy like Criner, Childs, M. Jones in the 3-5 range, Gray, Polk, Pead who I've been touting up for about a month now in the 3-4 range, Evan Rodriguez or Beau Reliford who are TEs I really like in the 5-7 range.
        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Allen / charles / egnew / green are all gone i believe before we pick in the 2nd. teams are going to take them especially teams that are becoming more pass oriented. everyone is going to abuse the rules set by the nfl protecting players over the middle and what better way to do that than with a fast tight end.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
          @Katdaddyjay 17h
          @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
          http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

I wouldn't be disappointed with Fleener

He has the potential to be a flat out dominant TE as far as receiving goes. Forget "need", best teams draft value

Comment

[quote user="rainierjef"] teams are going to take them especially teams that are becoming more pass oriented. [/quote]That's why Allen, a traditional inline TE, might fall.

Egnew and Green are guys I definitely don't see going in the second round, but it's all projections at this point.

Watch out for a guy like Beau Reliford from FSU. Late round sleeper, I love this kid.

Comment

[quote user="Neverend"]I wouldn't be disappointed with Fleener

He has the potential to be a flat out dominant TE as far as receiving goes. Forget "need", best teams draft value[/quote]Yeah if he is the pick, there is no reason not to like the pick. The kid has the traits to be a beast, and we have the coaches to develop him.

This kid is a prototypical Cover 2 buster.

Comment

Working...
                X