Draft Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Draft Game

[quote user="B&RWarrior"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]

[quote user="Kruunch"]Should Draft: Coby Fleener Will Draft: Kendal Reyes P.S. - I'm a big Doug Martin fan ... I'd be ecstatic if we went in that direction with our first pick.[/quote]

Why draft a running back in the lst when we have found talent like Bradshaw, and Scott(potential) in the latter rounds? I'm not saying we should waituntil the 6th round to draft aRB but the first roundseems to early. We don't need a super star back in this system.

[/quote]

We drafted Tiki in round 2 and Rodney Hampton in round 1.

You don't always find talent late. Teams have so much scouting these days. If you think a kid has the best chance to help the team, you draft him.

[/quote]

I'm referring to the current front office with JR at the helm not 1997 or 1990. We've won 2 SBs and even led the league in rushing with late round talent at RB. I say stick with what has worked.

[/quote]

Just because we got lucky with BJ and Bradshaw doesn't mean we will continue to get lucky.

Its like the Pats waiting until the 6th round for a replacement for Brady because they won 3 SB's with a QB taken in the 6th round.

Players taken in the first rounds tend to have better NFL careers than players taken in the later rounds. thast just a fact.

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[quote user="lawl"]
      you don't need to invest a first round pick on a Guy that's going to share the load at rb.[/quote]

Until AB's feet blow apart in week 4?
      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]

[quote user="Kruunch"]Should Draft: Coby Fleener Will Draft: Kendal Reyes P.S. - I'm a big Doug Martin fan ... I'd be ecstatic if we went in that direction with our first pick.[/quote]

Why draft a running back in the lst when we have found talent like Bradshaw, and Scott(potential) in the latter rounds? I'm not saying we should waituntil the 6th round to draft aRB but the first roundseems to early. We don't need a super star back in this system.

[/quote] Because eventually that well will run dry. Hedge your bets where you can.[/quote]

Do you see a cant miss RB that's available at 32 since you speak of hedging your bet?

Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Should Draft: Cordy Glenn

Will Draft: Devon Still
          Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

[quote user="B&RWarrior"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]

Why draft a running back in the lst when we have found talent like Bradshaw, and Scott(potential) in the latter rounds?* I'm not saying we should wait*until the 6th round to draft a*RB but the first round**seems to early.* We don't need a super star back in this system.*

[/quote] Because eventually that well will run dry. Hedge your bets where you can.[/quote]

Do you see a cant miss RB* that's available at 32 since you speak of hedging your bet?

[/quote]

There's no such thing as a "can't miss" player.

However I think Doug Martin has the potential to make the most impact for the Giants in 2012-2013 of those we draft this week.
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]

[/quote]

You don't always find talent late. Teams have so much scouting these days. If you think a kid has the best chance to help the team, you draft him.

[/quote] The problem is. If you have a top rb on your team then you have to give him a big second contract which really handicaps your team because investing money into a rb is very dumb. when's the last time a top 5 rb won a super bowl? Marshall faulk? It really doesn't matter what random scrub we have playing rb for us. It would be nice if we had one that could catch though[/quote]

So you're worried about his contract in 4 years? If he's good and can help the team he would get another contract. it doesn't matter where he would have been drafted.

I think you are overthinking this my friend.

Our biggest problem in my view is our running game. It really struggled last year and needs to get better. BJ is gone and Bradshaw isn't durable enough to carry the load. he has to at least share the load.

[/quote] you don't need to invest a first round pick on a Guy that's going to share the load at rb.[/quote]

As a rookie? It makes perfect sense. Most rookies (even high round picks) don't step in and start.

And given Bradshaw's health problems, our 2nd or third string RB's may get a lot of work.

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="B&RWarrior"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]

Why draft a running back in the lst when we have found talent like Bradshaw, and Scott(potential) in the latter rounds?* I'm not saying we should wait*until the 6th round to draft a*RB but the first round**seems to early.* We don't need a super star back in this system.*

[/quote]

You don't always find talent late.* Teams have so much scouting these days.* If you think a kid has the best chance to help the team, you draft him.

[/quote]

I'm referring to the current front office with JR at the helm not 1997 or 1990.* We've won 2 SBs and even led the league in rushing with late round talent at RB.* I say stick with what has worked.

[/quote]

Just because we got lucky with BJ and Bradshaw doesn't mean we will continue to get lucky.

Its like the Pats waiting until the 6th round for a replacement for Brady because they won 3 SB's with a QB taken in the 6th round.

Players taken in the first rounds tend to have better NFL careers than players taken in the later rounds.* thast just a fact.

[/quote]

+1 [b]

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="B&RWarrior"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]

[/quote]

You don't always find talent late.* Teams have so much scouting these days.* If you think a kid has the best chance to help the team, you draft him.

[/quote]

I'm referring to the current front office with JR at the helm not 1997 or 1990.* We've won 2 SBs and even led the league in rushing with late round talent at RB.* I say stick with what has worked.

[/quote]

Players taken in the first rounds tend to have better NFL careers than players taken in the later rounds.* thast just a fact.

[/quote]

Which is why it's necessary to use these picks on more valuable positions.

I'd venture to say that out of all positions, rbs obtained in later round or undrafted have a higher chance of being successful than other positions

Comment

Im not opposed to drafting a HB, but I think the gap bewteen the 1st and 2nd best HB is greater than the gap bewteen the 2nd HB and the 15th best.

Comment

[quote user="Kase-1"]Should Draft: Cordy Glenn

Will Draft: Devon Still
                      [/quote]

Gotta think Glenn will be gone Kase, but if not I'm fine with that.

Comment

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="B&RWarrior"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm referring to the current front office with JR at the helm not 1997 or 1990. We've won 2 SBs and even led the league in rushing with late round talent at RB. I say stick with what has worked.

[/quote]

Players taken in the first rounds tend to have better NFL careers than players taken in the later rounds. thast just a fact.

[/quote] Which is why it's necessary to use these picks on more valuable positions. I'd venture to say that out of all positions, rbs obtained in later round or undrafted have a higher chance of being successful than other positions[/quote]

I don't think thats true at all. I would say that O linemen later in the draft have the best chance to be successful.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]Im not opposed to drafting a HB, but I think the gap bewteen the 1st and 2nd best HB is greater than the gap bewteen the 2nd HB and the 15th best.[/quote]

Mmmmm not sure about that. I hear what you're saying but if you watch film on Doug Martin, the guy just makes things happen. While I wouldn't put him in Richardson's class I think he's closer to that then say the Chris Polks of the world. Most of the other RBs I've seen lower down are either products of their offensive line and/or playing against low end competition.

Now keep in mind that I don't think the Giants will draft Doug Martin ... but I do think he may be a potential starter for years to come (one thing the Giants really eye up for their first two picks under Reese).

Comment

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

BJ, Bradshaw, Ware(competent Back up), Scott(starter potential). You say luck, butI see a pattern. Only time will tell ifJR is lucky or good. As of now his strategy is GREAT!

I said we don't have to wait until the six to draft a rb but rd 1 is too early. I don't see a back that would be ranked as head and shoulders above the other players avialble at 32. A good back will still have marginal results running behind our mediocre run blocking no matter where he's drafted. 2,3,4 is good for drafting a RB, not the first. I don't see a 1st rd RB in this draft besides Richardson.

Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="B&RWarrior"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] Which is why it's necessary to use these picks on more valuable positions. I'd venture to say that out of all positions, rbs obtained in later round or undrafted have a higher chance of being successful than other positions[/quote]

I don't think thats true at all.* I would say that O linemen later in the draft have the best chance to be successful.

[/quote]

Perhaps. But you're also in favor of an OL early. Lol

Comment

Bottom line. I don't care who our rb is

Comment

Working...
                                X