Draft Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Draft Game

[quote user="B&RWarrior"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="B&RWarrior"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]

[quote user="Kruunch"]Should Draft: Coby Fleener Will Draft: Kendal Reyes P.S. - I'm a big Doug Martin fan ... I'd be ecstatic if we went in that direction with our first pick.[/quote]

Why draft a running back in the lst when we have found talent like Bradshaw, and Scott(potential) in the latter rounds? I'm not saying we should waituntil the 6th round to draft aRB but the first roundseems to early. We don't need a super star back in this system.

[/quote]

We drafted Tiki in round 2 and Rodney Hampton in round 1.

You don't always find talent late. Teams have so much scouting these days. If you think a kid has the best chance to help the team, you draft him.

[/quote]

I'm referring to the current front office with JR at the helm not 1997 or 1990. We've won 2 SBs and even led the league in rushing with late round talent at RB. I say stick with what has worked.

[/quote]

Just because we got lucky with BJ and Bradshaw doesn't mean we will continue to get lucky.

Its like the Pats waiting until the 6th round for a replacement for Brady because they won 3 SB's with a QB taken in the 6th round.

Players taken in the first rounds tend to have better NFL careers than players taken in the later rounds. thast just a fact.

[/quote]

BJ, Bradshaw, Ware(competent Back up), Scott(starter potential). You say luck, butI see a pattern. Only time will tell ifJR is lucky or good. As of now his strategy is GREAT!

I said we don't have to wait until the six to draft a rb but rd 1 is too early. I don't see a back that would be ranked as head and shoulders above the other players avialble at 32. A good back will still have marginal results running behind our mediocre run blocking no matter where he's drafted. 2,3,4 is good for drafting a RB, not the first. I don't see a 1st rd RB in this draft besides Richardson.

[/quote]

We drafted Brown in the 4th round and he got cut multiple times around the league before he came back to us 3 years later and was put on the taxi squad. Ware is less than mediocre.

Don't forget that Bradshaw fell hard in the draft because of character issues.

And I'm not saying that we need to draft a RB #1. but the way it looks, the value may not be there at O line. As I said, I think we will go D line at 32. But I would like to see Wilson go to us. If not (even though Boise guys remind me of UConn guys) Martin would be OK with me there too.

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="B&RWarrior"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]

[quote user="Kruunch"]Should Draft: Coby Fleener Will Draft: Kendal Reyes P.S. - I'm a big Doug Martin fan ... I'd be ecstatic if we went in that direction with our first pick.[/quote]

Why draft a running back in the lst when we have found talent like Bradshaw, and Scott(potential) in the latter rounds? I'm not saying we should waituntil the 6th round to draft aRB but the first roundseems to early. We don't need a super star back in this system.

[/quote]

You don't always find talent late. Teams have so much scouting these days. If you think a kid has the best chance to help the team, you draft him.

[/quote]

I'm referring to the current front office with JR at the helm not 1997 or 1990. We've won 2 SBs and even led the league in rushing with late round talent at RB. I say stick with what has worked.

[/quote]

Just because we got lucky with BJ and Bradshaw doesn't mean we will continue to get lucky.

Its like the Pats waiting until the 6th round for a replacement for Brady because they won 3 SB's with a QB taken in the 6th round.

Players taken in the first rounds tend to have better NFL careers than players taken in the later rounds. thast just a fact.

[/quote] Which is why it's necessary to use these picks on more valuable positions. I'd venture to say that out of all positions, rbs obtained in later round or undrafted have a higher chance of being successful than other positions[/quote]

I don't think thats true at all. I would say that O linemen later in the draft have the best chance to be successful.

[/quote] Perhaps. But you're also in favor of an OL early. Lol[/quote]

Left tackle is our #1 need as far as I'm concerned. At least our long term need. And as I said, players taken early are generally better than players taken late. But if you pick a position that has the best chance to be successful in the NFL, taken later in the draft, its O line. But honestly, probably not LT as much. thats a position of unique athletic ability. especially in our division with D Ware and trent Cole.

Comment

[quote user="B&RWarrior"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="B&RWarrior"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]

Why draft a running back in the lst when we have found talent like Bradshaw, and Scott(potential) in the latter rounds?* I'm not saying we should wait*until the 6th round to draft a*RB but the first round**seems to early.* We don't need a super star back in this system.*

[/quote]

You don't always find talent late.* Teams have so much scouting these days.* If you think a kid has the best chance to help the team, you draft him.

[/quote]

I'm referring to the current front office with JR at the helm not 1997 or 1990.* We've won 2 SBs and even led the league in rushing with late round talent at RB.* I say stick with what has worked.

[/quote]

Players taken in the first rounds tend to have better NFL careers than players taken in the later rounds.* thast just a fact.

[/quote]

BJ, Bradshaw, Ware(competent Back up), Scott(starter potential).* You say luck, but*I see a pattern.* Only time will tell if*JR is lucky or good.* As of now his strategy is GREAT!

I said we don't have to wait until the six to draft a rb but rd 1 is too early.* I don't see a back that would be ranked as head and shoulders above the other players avialble at 32.* A good back will still have marginal results running behind our mediocre run blocking no matter where he's drafted.* 2,3,4 is good for drafting a RB, not the first.* I don't see a 1st rd RB in this draft besides Richardson.*

[/quote]

BJ was supposed to be the short yardage / goal line guy backing up Tiki. In that, he was only half successful. He was never meant to be a feature back, nor do I think his knees would hold up to that.

Bradshaw was an awesome project (drafted lower due to character issues) but will never be a feature back due to his recurring injuries and most believe that he's now on the downside of his career (short shelf life).

Ware has shown that he's a journeyman running back at best since coming back from his ACL.

Scott's only accomplishment so far in the NFL was fumbling a kick off.

I think you're romanticizing these picks a bit.

We've managed to cobble together a running game from gum and paper clips the last few years but our best offenses have always been balanced with a strong run game (which we haven't had since 2008).

And part of the "strategy" you're ascribing to Reese has more to do with availability and chance.

I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Kase-1"]Should Draft: Cordy Glenn

Will Draft: Devon Still
          [/quote]

Gotta think Glenn will be gone Kase, but if not I'm fine with that.

[/quote]Wishful thinking I guess, LOL

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

[quote user="Kase-1"]Should Draft: Cordy Glenn

Will Draft: Devon Still
            [/quote]

Gotta think Glenn will be gone Kase, but if not I'm fine with that.

[/quote]Wishful thinking I guess, LOL

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

[quote user="lawl"]Bottom line. I don't care who our rb is[/quote]As long as we solidify our OL then it doesnt matter who is getting handoffs from Eli, cause he'll be able to produce.

Great OL + halfway decent RB = AMAZING run game

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="B&RWarrior"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]

Why draft a running back in the lst when we have found talent like Bradshaw, and Scott(potential) in the latter rounds?* I'm not saying we should wait*until the 6th round to draft a*RB but the first round**seems to early.* We don't need a super star back in this system.*

[/quote]

You don't always find talent late.* Teams have so much scouting these days.* If you think a kid has the best chance to help the team, you draft him.

[/quote]

I'm referring to the current front office with JR at the helm not 1997 or 1990.* We've won 2 SBs and even led the league in rushing with late round talent at RB.* I say stick with what has worked.

[/quote]

Players taken in the first rounds tend to have better NFL careers than players taken in the later rounds.* thast just a fact.

[/quote] Which is why it's necessary to use these picks on more valuable positions. I'd venture to say that out of all positions, rbs obtained in later round or undrafted have a higher chance of being successful than other positions[/quote]

I don't think thats true at all.* I would say that O linemen later in the draft have the best chance to be successful.

[/quote] Perhaps. But you're also in favor of an OL early. Lol[/quote]

Left tackle is our #1 need as far as I'm concerned.* At least our long term need.* And as I said, players taken early are generally better than players taken late.* But if you pick a position that has the best chance to be successful in the NFL, taken later in the draft, its O line.* But honestly, probably not LT as much.* thats a position of unique athletic ability.* especially in our division with D Ware and trent Cole.

[/quote]

Interior ol in late round, yes. Both tackles, not so much.

Beatty if healthy is fine to play left tackle. If we can win with diehl we can won with anyone

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="B&RWarrior"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="B&RWarrior"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

BJ, Bradshaw, Ware(competent Back up), Scott(starter potential). You say luck, butI see a pattern. Only time will tell ifJR is lucky or good. As of now his strategy is GREAT!

I said we don't have to wait until the six to draft a rb but rd 1 is too early. I don't see a back that would be ranked as head and shoulders above the other players avialble at 32. A good back will still have marginal results running behind our mediocre run blocking no matter where he's drafted. 2,3,4 is good for drafting a RB, not the first. I don't see a 1st rd RB in this draft besides Richardson.

[/quote] BJ was supposed to be the short yardage / goal line guy backing up Tiki. In that, he was only half successful. He was never meant to be a feature back, nor do I think his knees would hold up to that. Bradshaw was an awesome project (drafted lower due to character issues) but will never be a feature back due to his recurring injuries and most believe that he's now on the downside of his career (short shelf life). Ware has shown that he's a journeyman running back at best since coming back from his ACL. Scott's only accomplishment so far in the NFL was fumbling a kick off. I think you're romanticizing these picks a bit. We've managed to cobble together a running game from gum and paper clips the last few years but our best offenses have always been balanced with a strong run game (which we haven't had since 2008). And part of the "strategy" you're ascribing to Reese has more to do with availability and chance.[/quote]

I will respectfully disagree with you about BJ. Ernie has said many times that he drafted BJ as a tailback and though he was being misused as a short yardage back.

Comment

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="lawl"]Bottom line. I don't care who our rb is[/quote]As long as we solidify our OL then it doesnt matter who is getting handoffs from Eli, cause he'll be able to produce.

[/quote]

Right now Kase, the only known halfway decent RB on the roster is Bradshaw. And he's a huge question mark with his wheels.

HUGE!

Comment

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Left tackle is our #1 need as far as I'm concerned. At least our long term need. And as I said, players taken early are generally better than players taken late. But if you pick a position that has the best chance to be successful in the NFL, taken later in the draft, its O line. But honestly, probably not LT as much. thats a position of unique athletic ability. especially in our division with D Ware and trent Cole.

[/quote]

Interior ol in late round, yes. Both tackles, not so much.

Beatty if healthy is fine to play left tackle. If we can win with diehl we can won with anyone[/quote]
                      Beatty is our starting LT of the future. He got a freak eye injury last season and now everyone forgot how good he played.

If ya ask me RT is the #1 need for us in the draft, our options are Diehl who was the worst LT/LG in the NFL last season and Brewer who hasnt seen the field since becoming a Giant

Comment

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="lawl"]Bottom line. I don't care who our rb is[/quote]As long as we solidify our OL then it doesnt matter who is getting handoffs from Eli, cause he'll be able to produce.

[/quote]

Right now Kase, the only known halfway decent RB on the roster is Bradshaw. And he's a huge question mark with his wheels.

HUGE!

[/quote]Thats why im totally fine with us going OL early in the draft and looking at a RB later on

Comment

RB is one of the few positions where unless you are a rare and gifted runner, like Barry Sanders, Lesean McCoy(decent line), or AP( and he had a good line) you can't succeeed without help from teammates- a good run blocking O-line.I think TC understands the importance of the O-line. If the o-line isgood you don't need a SupermanRB.

It's much more difficult to find 5 guys that can create holes than one guy that can run through them. Though I agree if you think you found that special RB you go get him. I don't see him in this draft.

Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote] Interior ol in late round, yes. Both tackles, not so much. Beatty if healthy is fine to play left tackle. If we can win with diehl we can won with anyone[/quote]
                            Beatty is our starting LT of the future. He got a freak eye injury last season and now everyone forgot how good he played.

If ya ask me RT is the #1 need for us in the draft, our options are Diehl who was the worst LT/LG in the NFL last season and Brewer who hasnt seen the field since becoming a Giant
                            [/quote]

Beatty has yet to prove a thing to anyone. Our running game improved once he got hurt and we moved DD back to LT. I don't want to turn this into a debate about DD since I (the biggest DD lover here) am saying that LT is our greatest need. But no one can legitimately say that Beatty has shown much at all yet. Not to say he won't, but he hasn't yet.

Comment

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

HUGE!

[/quote]Thats why im totally fine with us going OL early in the draft and looking at a RB later on
                              [/quote]

The reason I said that we should draftWilson is because I don't see a 1st round talent at LT dropping to us at 32.

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="B&RWarrior"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="B&RWarrior"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

BJ, Bradshaw, Ware(competent Back up), Scott(starter potential).* You say luck, but*I see a pattern.* Only time will tell if*JR is lucky or good.* As of now his strategy is GREAT!

I said we don't have to wait until the six to draft a rb but rd 1 is too early.* I don't see a back that would be ranked as head and shoulders above the other players avialble at 32.* A good back will still have marginal results running behind our mediocre run blocking no matter where he's drafted.* 2,3,4 is good for drafting a RB, not the first.* I don't see a 1st rd RB in this draft besides Richardson.*

[/quote] BJ was supposed to be the short yardage / goal line guy backing up Tiki. In that, he was only half successful. He was never meant to be a feature back, nor do I think his knees would hold up to that. Bradshaw was an awesome project (drafted lower due to character issues) but will never be a feature back due to his recurring injuries and most believe that he's now on the downside of his career (short shelf life). Ware has shown that he's a journeyman running back at best since coming back from his ACL. Scott's only accomplishment so far in the NFL was fumbling a kick off. I think you're romanticizing these picks a bit. We've managed to cobble together a running game from gum and paper clips the last few years but our best offenses have always been balanced with a strong run game (which we haven't had since 2008). And part of the "strategy" you're ascribing to Reese has more to do with availability and chance.[/quote]

I will respectfully disagree with you about BJ.* Ernie has said many times that he drafted BJ as a tailback and though he was being misused as a short yardage back.

[/quote]

Considering that large RBs historically have short shelf lives in the NFL, that doesn't make a lot of sense.
                                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Working...
                                X