Freak athletes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Freak athletes?

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="T.Rice57"]Who are some players the Giants are projected to go after with our 1st round pick that folks would consider "freak athletes?" With our BPA mentality, is there a freak we may go after that could surprise us b/c it's not a need.

The only person I can think of from an intangible standpoint is the WR from Georgia Tech. He's tall, can leap and is very fast.

Any thoughts?
    [/quote]The thing about Hill is he times so much faster then he plays. He isnt smooth as a route runner so unless he is running in a straight line his speed is useless. He is a lot like Heyward Bey[/quote]

Bey actually looked pretty good this year. And there we rumors the giants were highly interested in drafting him.[/quote]
    Saying the rumors were true, the difference is we were planning on drafting him at the bottom of the first, not the top.
    [/quote]

Right. And where are we drafting now?[/quote]
    True. But, my post was more a knock against the Raiders having drafted Bey high when despite his straight line speed, wasn't a top of the 1st talent.

Hill, outside of his speed, I haven't heard much about. But, honestly, I've found it hard to get into this year's draft class for some reason. It just hasn't piqued my interest as it has in years past.

Comment

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="T.Rice57"]Who are some players the Giants are projected to go after with our 1st round pick that folks would consider "freak athletes?"* With our BPA mentality, is there a freak we may go after that could surprise us b/c it's not a need.*

The only person I can think of from an intangible standpoint is the WR from Georgia Tech.* He's tall, can leap and is very fast.*

Any thoughts?
      [/quote]The thing about Hill is he times so much faster then he plays. He isnt smooth as a route runner so unless he is running in a straight line his speed is useless. He is a lot like Heyward Bey[/quote]

Bey actually looked pretty good this year. And there we rumors the giants were highly interested in drafting him.[/quote]
      Saying the rumors were true, the difference is we were planning on drafting him at the bottom of the first, not the top.
      [/quote]

True. But, my post was more a knock against the Raiders having drafted Bey high when despite his straight line speed, wasn't a top of the 1st talent.

Hill, outside of his speed, I haven't heard much about. But, honestly, I've found it hard to get into this year's draft class for some reason. It just hasn't piqued my interest as it has in years past.
      [/quote]

Yea, raiders are dumb

Comment

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="T.Rice57"]Who are some players the Giants are projected to go after with our 1st round pick that folks would consider "freak athletes?" With our BPA mentality, is there a freak we may go after that could surprise us b/c it's not a need.

The only person I can think of from an intangible standpoint is the WR from Georgia Tech. He's tall, can leap and is very fast.

Any thoughts?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yea, raiders are dumb[/quote]
        It'll be interesting to see how things go with them now that Davis has passed.

Comment

Nick Perry, DE USC.
          Height: 6'3"
          Weight: 270
          40 Time: 4.64
          Vertical: 38.5"
          Broad Jump: 10'4"

Enough said.

Comment

[quote user="Spizi"]Nick Perry, DE USC.

Enough said.[/quote]

Ht Wt 40-yd dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert Broad BP Wonderlic
            6ft 3in 266 lb 4.58 s 1.53 s 2.63 s 4.41 s 7.12 s 41 in 10ft 5in 37 rep 21

this guy beat nick perry in virtually every aspect of the combine..

guess who?

(Vernon Gholston)

Combine numbers are a small piece of the pie.

Comment

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="Spizi"]Nick Perry, DE USC.

Enough said.[/quote]

Ht Wt 40-yd dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert Broad BP Wonderlic
              6*ft 3*in 266 lb 4.58 s 1.53 s 2.63 s 4.41 s 7.12 s 41 in 10*ft 5*in 37 rep 21

this guy beat nick perry in virtually every aspect of the combine..

guess who?

(Vernon Gholston)

Combine numbers are a small piece of the pie.
              [/quote]

the question was if there are any athletic freaks that could be there when the giants pick..................

-_-

Comment

some say the raiders were dumb to draft bey at #7..however they were smart in passing up everones favorite in miss crabtree..what happened to him

Comment

jerome simpson is a freak athlete..he's a f/a who might be suspended for marijuana..id like gmen to take a flyer on hi..watch this catch:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWz4q-o_PYc

Comment

Working...
                  X