PFW Beat Writers Mock (4/24)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PFW Beat Writers Mock (4/24)

[quote user="critters"]I think Orson Charles and Dwayne Allen could do just as much for our passing game as Fleener and they wouldn't cost us a 1st round pick. I know they're not as tall, but neither is Vernon Davis. I have no idea out of the 3 who would be a better blocker.
    [/quote]

Allen is the best Blocker and he has a nice wide body, preferable for blocking. He also had experience as a lead blocker. People say Fleener can develop, and he could, but that is never a certainty.

To me, Charles has really hurt himself this offseason by trying to be what he is not. He is not an end line TE. However, he bulked up so much going into the combine, trying to appeal to the teams needing an end line TE that he tooked tight in receiving drills. Even with his added bulk, he is a guy who should be in a hback or slot position. He can block a LB or safety but you really dont want him trying to seal block vs a DE. His arms are just too short.

sigpic

Comment

Re: PFW Beat Writers Mock (4/24)

[quote user="critters"]I think Orson Charles and Dwayne Allen could do just as much for our passing game as Fleener and they wouldn't cost us a 1st round pick. I know they're not as tall, but neither is Vernon Davis. I have no idea out of the 3 who would be a better blocker.
      [/quote]

None of those guys are Vernon David physically.

Dwayne Allen would most likely need to be a first round pick if we wanted him (chances are he goes in the second round somewhere ahead of us).

Orson Charles ... meh. I'd wait until the 3rd and take Ladarius Green if I was going that route.

Out of that bunch Allen is considered the better blocker but Fleener probably has more upside at blocking at the NFL level (bigger frame to add more weight).
      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Working...
      X