I say Doug Martin in the 1st Round

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I say Doug Martin in the 1st Round

For a while I've been wanting either a D-lineman or player in the Secondary in the 1st (as long as they were BPA), but now I'm REALLY hoping that Doug Martin (RB - Boise) will be available for us with the 32nd pick.

The more I read about him, the more impressed I am. Martin can run, catch, is not easy to bring down, loves pass-blocking, and apparently is the ultimate team guy and a leader:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2012&genpos=RB

Pretty much all of the mocks I've seen have him falling to the 2nd round, but I'm really hoping that we take this guy. I think that he will be BPA by the 32nd pick.

Plus, we already lost so much depth on offense with MM and Jacobs leaving, and Ballard and Beckum injured. I'm really hoping that we take Martin.

Re: I say Doug Martin in the 1st Round

+1....I love his speed and his cutting...I know he hasn't faced the toughest competition but I think him and Bradshaw splitting carries could be awesome for our offense

I'd love if we got him but I feel like that's a 20% possibility...my gut feeling says we go OL

Comment

I would be fine with it. We could probably even trade down a few spots if there was a team looking to go up and still get him in the early 2nd while picking up an extra pick or two. I'm very high on him as well, my favorite back after Richardson in this draft. Personally I don't think Wilson is a great idea, fumblitis, terrible blocker, not very physical and he doesn't have the vision Martin has.

Comment

Any info on Rb Polk from Washington?

Comment

Doug Martin would be a terrific pick. This is a pretty good draft for first round talent.

Comment

I am also on the Doug Martin wagon
            The Gigalo with the most below

Comment

Doug Martin - Tiki Barber without all of the blonde interns and Eli hate

Comment

Id be shocked if it isnt a Defensive Lineman.

Comment

I'd love the pick, but wouldn't be shocked or upset if they didn't grab him. I also think there's a decent chance he goes before 32.

Comment

Not my first or second choice, but I'd be okay with Martin. What a team asks a running back to do in the game plan has a lot to do with what the RB has shown that he is able do. I think Martin has shown a little something.

Comment

it'd be kinda stupid to draft a rb in rd 1 tho unless there was only one or two of the top rb prospects left...we could wait until round 2 and see which of the top prospects at rb are still there

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"]it'd be kinda stupid to draft a rb in rd 1 tho unless there was only one or two of the top rb prospects left...we could wait until round 2 and see which of the top prospects at rb are still there[/quote]
                        Agree, I don't want any rb in the first unless his name is Trent Richardson.

Comment

How many successful Giants running backs have been drafted in the first round? Rodney Hampton is the only recent one that comes to mind. Need I bring up the names Tyrone Wheatley, or even worse, Rocky Thompson? I'd be freaking shocked if we saw a running back before round 3.

Comment

Problem is that the # 32 pretty much is in the 2nd round and I don't think that Martin will fall to us at the end of the 2nd.

I don't know college players like other board members, so I'm just going off of what I've read about him.

He sounds REALLY solid all the way around AND we've lost a lot of depth on the O. I originally wanted D, but the more I read about Martin the more I think that he sounds like he is 1st round talent.

Comment

[quote user="quan the don"][quote user="giantsfan420"]it'd be kinda stupid to draft a rb in rd 1 tho unless there was only one or two of the top rb prospects left...we could wait until round 2 and see which of the top prospects at rb are still there[/quote]
                              Agree, I don't want any rb in the first unless his name is Trent Richardson.[/quote]I think T-Rich is gonna be the only RB drafted in the 1st

.... Hate away, LOL
                              Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Working...
                              X