Mayocks Mock has us taking...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mayocks Mock has us taking...

[quote user="Neverend"]Hope that doesnt happen. I thought his mock was supposed to be released at 8 pm, i guess its just a review

I agree with slipknottin, if we're going offensive lineman ill take some interior lineman. Glenn might be falling, zeilter's a great run blocker, silatolu is a beast with great potential

no way are the giants taking an offensive tackle. not that it wouldn't make sense, but can't see it.[/quote]

I'd also rather take a more versatile guy than Martin.

Glenn, Silatolu or even Osemele in the second round (all versatile OG/OT prospects with high grade builds/athletic qualities).

Jonathan Martin is Mike Adams plus about 20 IQ points.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]I really hope Chris Snee was just hurt.Cant afford for him to stop playing well. What is he 30 , his skill shouldnt fall off a cliff like that. Maybe Mckenzies poor play had something to do with it. He looked done this year[/quote]

I'm thinking KM failing on one side and having a new (underperforming) Center on the other was more of an issue for Snee then his abilities falling off.
      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]
        Running outside the LT was actually a strength of last season, so I will put Beatty down for most of that, seeing as Beatty started 10 games, and Diehl started 6.[/quote]

Beatty played LT for 10 games in 2011 while Diehl player 10 games at LT in 2011 (including post season).

If you look at the rushing numbers, they are FAR higher with Diehl at LT last year then with Beatty (like 30% higher).

Beatty is a better pass blocker than Diehl is (at least as far as least year went) but DD is a much better run blocker.

Also keep in mind that DD played with a broken hand all year in 2011.

As for OT being a need ... that depends on how comfortable the Giants are with Brewer. You have DD for one more year at least, so we have our starters in place theoretically (Beatty at LT, DD at RT worse comes to worse).

If they are high on Brewer, then he will most likely transition to RT at some point this year. If they're not high on him, they'll draft an OT early in the draft (depending availability of value of course).

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="juice33s"]We're
          talking about a team who has had a top ten rushing offense for close to
          a decade (#6 in 2010), yet with beatty in the lineup they drop to dead
          last only to show signs of their old selves once he exits the lineup and
          you guys think that LG is to blame?
          [/quote]

Your stats do not support your argument. Sorry.

I broke it down by exactly where the giants struggled and where they did well. Overall running numbers are meaningless if we are trying to single out an individual member.[/quote]
          Your numbers don't really say much to support your argument either. For starters running around the tackle usually has a TE involved so you can't give sole credit to the tackle and secondly it only has average, not total yardage or attempts (not to mention it doesn't even break it down by Beatty/Diehl when clearly the giants ran better with Diehl at LT). Also, you originally said that LG was the problem when your own numbers show running in that area has one of the highest averages.

Its no secret that Beatty is not a mauler and I don't think its much of a coincidence that his absence coincided with the giants rejuvenated run game.

Where as guys you seem to have a problem with (Boothe, Petrus) had a noticeable and direct impact on the run games improvement once inserted in to the lineup

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Neverend"]Hope that doesnt happen. I thought his mock was supposed to be released at 8 pm, i guess its just a review

I agree with slipknottin, if we're going offensive lineman ill take some interior lineman. Glenn might be falling, zeilter's a great run blocker, silatolu is a beast with great potential

no way are the giants taking an offensive tackle. not that it wouldn't make sense, but can't see it.[/quote]

I'd also rather take a more versatile guy than Martin.

Glenn, Silatolu or even Osemele in the second round (all versatile OG/OT prospects with high grade builds/athletic qualities).

Jonathan Martin is Mike Adams plus about 20 IQ points.[/quote]I would love to land Glenn. The fact that he can plug in at LG or RT is a huge plus.

Comment

I hope David DeCastro falls to us. I would be cool with us taking him to improve the LG spot.

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"]
                If you look at the rushing numbers, they are FAR higher with Diehl at LT last year then with Beatty (like 30% higher).[/quote]
                Yes, because we all know the LT position is the only position that impacts the run game.

Beatty is a better pass blocker than Diehl is (at least as far as least year went) but DD is a much better run blocker.
                Prove Diehl is a much better run blocker. Go ahead. Ill wait. Team running success or failure is completely attributed to just the LT, right? Why even play the other 4 guys?

Comment

[quote user="juice33s"]Your numbers don't really say much to support your argument either. [/quote]
                  Well they certainly dont support yours.

For starters running around the tackle usually has a TE involved so you can't give sole credit to the tackle and secondly it only has average, not total yardage or attempts
                  Why would attempts or total yards be more meaningful than yards per attempt?

Also, you originally said that LG was the problem when your own numbers show running in that area has one of the highest averages.
                  Behind the LT/LG they averaged about the same as they did running outside of Kareem McKenzie, who was awful.

Its no secret that Beatty is not a mauler and I don't think its much of a coincidence that his absence coincided with the giants rejuvenated run game.
                  You keep saying this like you have any evidence of that being true. Beatty holds his own in the running game. In fact he may have been the BEST run blocker on the OL last season.

Where as guys you seem to have a problem with (Boothe, Petrus) had a noticeable and direct impact on the run games improvement once inserted in to the lineup
                  Yes, replacing Diehl who was horrible at LG had an improvement on the run game. Glad we agree.

Comment

Working...
                  X