2012 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Anyway..Poor Lawl. He's sleeping it off right now, pillow soaked with tears. Clutching his Teddy Bear that until last night was named "JR". He changed his name last night to "BPA".
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Awful pick[/quote] I don't care for it either.. I'm almost certain we'd of taken Doug Martin now, if he were there...[/quote]

I dunno. As I said a all along. I liked Martin, but I liked Wilson more.
      [/quote] The bucs knew we were taking a RB, andi think it was clear that Martin had the more complete package, hence why teams traded up for him, and hes moved ahead of Wlson and Miller almost by every draft guru around, except a few exceptions.. I'm telling you my friend, Martin is next to be the R.Rice/MJD line of RB.. Don't get me wrong, i know Wilson has some upside and could be a HR for us, i just didn't care for the value, nor a couple small things he does, like try to make yards by going back wards when the play is clearly dead in teh water... I also don't care for his body type, i kinda wanted a back that was gonna be able to be a workhorse if need be, and Doug Martin has a body builders frame, and i think could take a pounding over the yrs better, all though thats just my opinion, i can't say for sure....

Either way, i can't wait to see Wilson get on the field, and i'm still very excited to have em, just not a back i was super high on, and the way the first rd played out, i thoguht there was better value...

[/quote]

Your basing that all on your opinion, and how you rated them.

I don't care about "body builders frame" I care about film and on film Wilson is the better runner. Also Remember, people were touting Martin's blocking because of the senior bowl, which Wilson ,being a junior, could not attend. It is safe to say teams who worked him out and went to his pro day had a better info on his blocking than we do because VT didnt ask him to do it much.

Both are high character players.

Wilson was the focal point in Virginia Techs run 1st offense. Martin was not the focal point in the BSU offense, their short passing game and balanced attack took pressure off him. Yet still, Wilson produced way more against way stiffer competition despite being gameplanned against more. He was 4th in NCAA in rushing and among the leaders in the NCAA in yards after contact. His per carry stats dwarfed Martins despite being gameplanned against by every team they faced.

In light of that, I do not understand why it is so hard to believe that some people may have had him rated higher than Martin, including Reese.

Lastly, I would remind people that Reese has not been all that big on "late risers". While I do believe going into the senior bowl a few months ago that Martin was undervalued, I do think a lot of people "fell in love" with him a little too much. The Ray Rice comparisons were overblown. Ray Rice produced a lot more in college than Martin did. Having a similar body type is nice, but it doesn't mean they are the same player.

I think Wilson was the safer pick of the 2. But, that's just me.

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

Just was reading this Q and A with Reese, done after the 1st rd, and i found it entertaining that he said the giants will pick any positon at any time, and the reason they haden't picked RB early was because the Value wasen't right to them at any time early yet.. Many on here think we just won't pick certain positons early for somereason.. I've always said, it goes really by the draft, and whos out there and who we got on our team all ready, obviously..

Q: You havenít picked a running back this high in a while.
        A: The only reason that hasnít happened is because there hasnít been a running back at the time [that was] the highest player on our board. Weíre not afraid to pick a running back high. Weíll pick any player high thatís the highest player on our board. It just hasnít happened that way. Itís been other players at that

[/quote]

In any of his drafts, what was the highest pick spent on an O lineman? Third maybe?

I just think he believes that O lineman can be developed from later round picks.

[/quote] nah, he picked Beatty in RD 2.. Also,people said the same thing about RB, but guess what??lol The reason he dosen't pick players at certain positons early is because either were covered there and have a bigger need elsewhere or the value is just not there.. Thats pretty much it..[/quote]

And that was at the end of the 2nd. Plus he was a projected late first so he obviously saw great value.

[/quote] The 2nd is a pretty early rd, uncle morehead.. ALso, reese tends to take value often, so obviously in the case the value is Oline, he will do it then, right? I am still surprised he didn't take Cordy Glenn in RD 1 of this draft, based on Value alone, not to mention Glenn's versatility..[/quote]

I can definitely agree with this. I did not think we would pass on Glenn, although, you know I like DW too.
        sigpic

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Awful pick[/quote] I don't care for it either.. I'm almost certain we'd of taken Doug Martin now, if he were there...[/quote]

I dunno. As I said a all along. I liked Martin, but I liked Wilson more.
          [/quote] The bucs knew we were taking a RB, andi think it was clear that Martin had the more complete package, hence why teams traded up for him, and hes moved ahead of Wlson and Miller almost by every draft guru around, except a few exceptions.. I'm telling you my friend, Martin is next to be the R.Rice/MJD line of RB.. Don't get me wrong, i know Wilson has some upside and could be a HR for us, i just didn't care for the value, nor a couple small things he does, like try to make yards by going back wards when the play is clearly dead in teh water... I also don't care for his body type, i kinda wanted a back that was gonna be able to be a workhorse if need be, and Doug Martin has a body builders frame, and i think could take a pounding over the yrs better, all though thats just my opinion, i can't say for sure....

Either way, i can't wait to see Wilson get on the field, and i'm still very excited to have em, just not a back i was super high on, and the way the first rd played out, i thoguht there was better value...

[/quote]

Your basing that all on your opinion, and how you rated them.

I don't care about "body builders frame" I care about film and on film Wilson is the better runner. Also Remember, people were touting Martin's blocking because of the senior bowl, which Wilson ,being a junior, could not attend. It is safe to say teams who worked him out and went to his pro day had a better info on his blocking than we do because VT didnt ask him to do it much.

Both are high character players.

Wilson was the focal point in Virginia Techs run 1st offense. Martin was not the focal point in the BSU offense, their short passing game and balanced attack took pressure off him. Yet still, Wilson produced way more against way stiffer competition despite being gameplanned against more. He was 4th in NCAA in rushing and among the leaders in the NCAA in yards after contact. His per carry stats dwarfed Martins despite being gameplanned against by every team they faced.

In light of that, I do not understand why it is so hard to believe that some people may have had him rated higher than Martin, including Reese.

Lastly, I would remind people that Reese has not been all that big on "late risers". While I do believe going into the senior bowl a few months ago that Martin was undervalued, I do think a lot of people "fell in love" with him a little too much. The Ray Rice comparisons were overblown. Ray Rice produced a lot more in college than Martin did. Having a similar body type is nice, but it doesn't mean they are the same player.

I think Wilson was the safer pick of the 2. But, that's just me.

[/quote] Well, i do care about body builders fram, espeically one that is 223lbs at 5ft 9inch and catches the ball with ease, and blocks well and can take kicks to the house as a returner.. It takes a special RB to get into Mike Mayocks top 20 in my opinion.. Martin also has no fumbling issue to speak of..

The bottom line is, i think Martins about as safe is it gets in this draft.. I simply can't imagine him not doing well, and when said and done, he'll be starting over legarette blount, similar to how Bradshaw took Jacobs starting gig..

And i definetly care about the body builders body, especially when your talking about running in the rugged NFC east.. Dudes super strong, and still at 223lbs runs fast enough... I guess it all comes down to what kinda back u prefer.. I prefer the backs that can wear down a defense, and kinda remind me of a bowling ball, and also that can catch.. If i could have any back in the NFL, i'd select Ray Rice... Ray Rice is probably my favorite player outside of any NEW YORK GIANT.. So u can see why i'm truly so high on Doug Martin and always have been..

I've said before i don't see a huge diffrence in Talent from Martin to Richardson when Martin was ranked as a late 2nd/early 3rd rd RB... I really believe that.. I also feel that even though Martin isn't a 4.4 fast guy, that if he gets in the open field, hes not getting caught.. I also love the fact he dosen't fumble, and wont turn the ball over on ya in crucial situations..

The bottom line is i am and always have been super high on D.Martin, and i still believe in my heart of hearts that the Giants would of picked em if he was there... But we got Wilson, and i'm intrigued to see what the kid can do.. I hope he hits a few HR's with us this yr..

Comment

Heres how my Realistic big board is for our beloved GMEN going into rd 2..

1. Dwayne Allen TE Clemson- Everyone knows how high i am on him.. I think hes a young fred davis without off field issues, and he'll have better QB with ELI..

2. Amini Silatolu G Midwestrn St- Passing on Cordy Glenn bummed me out a bit, but Silatolu would be a fantastic consolation prize at end of RD 2.. Big and Nasty, this guy will open up some lanes inside for Wilson..

3. Brian Quick WR App ST- I think Jeffery and Sanu will be gone.. I would also put Juron Criner in this spot, as i think both Criner and Quick would be great fits with Cruz and Nicks..

4. Casey Hayward CB Vandy- I think this guys Value in RD 2 is off the chain.. I have had him as my 2nd ranked CB behind Claiborne for months now, and he was right there with Mercilus and D.Martin as a guy i expected to really rise, and just prospects i really really like...

5. Trumaine Johnson FS/CB Montana- I just really like his versatility.. He can play S or Cb, and also has stepped in on offense, in a pinch... This is a very athletic young man who does make play on the ball, which i love...

Comment

NO spoilers this time please!
              "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Comment

Last night was the appetizer. Now for the main course.

Let's go get us some Amini Silatolu!

Comment

i say glenn to st. louis

Comment

could the rams go for fleener this round? they NEED offensive weapons, and he could help faster then most of the WR's available.

Comment

Hill?

Comment

If I were the Rams I'd take Martin

Comment

interesting

Comment

Brian quick to rams
                            "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Comment

if the colts dont take fleener, i will be shocked. go and get him jerry.

Comment

Colts need to take Fleener next. It just makes way too much sense...

Comment

Working...
                                X