2012 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 NFL DRAFT THREAD

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]*The rams just got the same value with Pead as we did with Wilson, except Mid 2nd rd...[/quote]
    In your opinion.
    [/quote]

I think Wilson has a much higher upside could be an elite RB. Pead will be solid productive kid but not nearly the upside.

Comment

[quote user="Overdrive92"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Man these RB's are just flying off the board glad we reached[/quote]

David Wilson was not going to make it to us if we didn't take him yesterday.

He would've been gone by now even, had we not taken him.[/quote]

Not gonna lie...I was a D. Martin guy. But I watched your new videos today, slept on it, read up on Wilson, and I'm really pleased with our pick...he's gonna be a great Giant

Comment

Nice pick GB

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="tdawg1413"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]*The rams just got the same value with Pead as we did with Wilson, except Mid 2nd rd...[/quote]

Except Pead is nowhere near as good a player. Wilson will be great for us and has the ability to play every down. Don't know why so many people are down on that pick.
          [/quote] hes not? Could've fooled me.. Pead was incredible productive, catches teh ball extremely well, and is fast.. Why is he not like Wilson again?[/quote]

well to be fair, for one, Wilson played against much better competition.

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="tdawg1413"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]The rams just got the same value with Pead as we did with Wilson, except Mid 2nd rd...[/quote]

Except Pead is nowhere near as good a player. Wilson will be great for us and has the ability to play every down. Don't know why so many people are down on that pick.
            [/quote] hes not? Could've fooled me.. Pead was incredible productive, catches teh ball extremely well, and is fast.. Why is he not like Wilson again?[/quote]

He was incredibly productive?

If that is your determining factor, then you should be super happy that we selected a guy who had almost 40% more production vs better competition than Pead.
            sigpic

Comment

Great value with Worthy to the Pack

Comment

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"]No more whining folks, this would have been Wilson...
                [/quote] Thats fine, this is when tandem backs should start going...[/quote]

Wilson has elite balance and excellent speed, what does Martin do that elite to warrant a first round pick? nothing...
                [/quote] He catches the ball ELITELY(is that a word?), and he blocks ELITELY, and hes got great compact build, built for wearing down a defense, and he returns kicks very productively, and he dosen't fumble.. Should i keep going? Oh ya, and he scored in every game this past season, except the one he sprained his ankle and only had 6carries... Oh, wait he didn't run a 4.4, so he can't be a elite RB(sarcasm)..

Comment

[quote user="King Sully"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="tdawg1413"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]*The rams just got the same value with Pead as we did with Wilson, except Mid 2nd rd...[/quote]

well to be fair, for one, Wilson played against much better competition.[/quote]

From the tape Wilson seems much stronger too

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="tdawg1413"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]The rams just got the same value with Pead as we did with Wilson, except Mid 2nd rd...[/quote]

Pead does not have the frame to be an every down back...ever. Wilson does and lead the Nation in yards after contact. He has everything you need in a tailback. Just needs to pass protect a little better.

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"]No more whining folks, this would have been Wilson...

Wilson has elite balance and excellent speed, what does Martin do that elite to warrant a first round pick? nothing...
                      [/quote] He catches the ball ELITELY(is that a word?), and he blocks ELITELY, and hes got great compact build, built for wearing down a defense, and he returns kicks very productively, and he dosen't fumble.. Should i keep going? Oh ya, and he scored in every game this past season, except the one he sprained his ankle and only had 6carries... Oh, wait he didn't run a 4.4, so he can't be a elite RB(sarcasm)..[/quote]

And yet he didnt produce anywhere near what Wilson did vs better competition.
                      sigpic

Comment

Bengals need a RB. Maybe Miller or James?

Comment

Heh, I like that. Mayock on Zach brown " he is somewhat allergic to contact."
                          sigpic

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"]No more whining folks, this would have been Wilson...

[/quote] He catches the ball ELITELY(is that a word?), and he blocks ELITELY, and hes got great compact build, built for wearing down a defense, and he returns kicks very productively, and he dosen't fumble.. Should i keep going? Oh ya, and he scored in every game this past season, except the one he sprained his ankle and only had 6carries... Oh, wait he didn't run a 4.4, so he can't be a elite RB(sarcasm)..[/quote]

And yet he didnt produce anywhere near what Wilson did vs better competition.
                            [/quote]

I understand about Martin. I liked him a lot but let's not downplay Wilson by comparing him to Isiah Pead. He is a class above a guy like Pead.

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"]No more whining folks, this would have been Wilson...

According to those at the combine, no one looked more fluid in catching the ball then Wilson, just because Virginia Tech didn't call plays that exploited that ability doesn't mean Wilson cant.

Blockings important but Bradshaw blocks better then Martin and Wilson will learn. However excellent balance and explosion cannot be taught. Also Wilson returns kicks as well?

so in terms of actual running back traits (running the ball) Wilson is better? and you hated this pick? im glad Jerry Reese doesn't have biases towards certain players..

Comment

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Bengals need a RB. Maybe Miller or James?[/quote]

I would think they go Miller here. Would be a good compliment to the Law Firm.

Comment

Working...
                                X