DAVID WILSON THE PICK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DAVID WILSON THE PICK

[quote user="BlueBlooded1979"]Fumbler, poor in pass pro and cant run routes.

3rd round value and a RB at that. Hill, Still, Upshaw, Fleener all on the board still. All have more upside than this guy.

If this was the guy they coveted they should have traded back and avoided 1st round money and at least save money.[/quote]

Disagree except for perhaps Hill, who's at least a year removed from being a productive receiver. Not being a homer, but I think Wilson has the highest upside of any RB in the draft. His only red flag is the fumbling, and Coughlin has cured fumblers before.

That said, we very easily could've moved up for DeCastro...

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="lawl"] They don't look at players by round but Reese said at 32 we'd be looking at players with 2nd round grades? Lol[/quote] You get what he means.
      I don't think rb is a need. Any random scrub will provide us with enough production.
      DJ Ware begs to differ.
      Our dl qb cover guys and wrs win games for us. Keep these positions loaded and we have a higher chance of continued success. Using a high pick on a rb takes away a valuable asset that could've been invested into one of these positions.
      Regardless of how they went about it, I thought improving the run game was a huge need this offseason.[/quote]

I'm 100% positive that any rb we took in the 3rd or 4th round would have been better than ware and wouldve helped our offense this year and in the future. The chances of being able to say that about a 3rd/4th round de dt otwr etc..are much much lower.

This wasn't the percentage play and I will never like it. I think Wilson will be good, but that is completely irrelevant. His impact when compared to a mid round back is a much smaller gap than that of the other positions that I think we covet.

Comment

[quote user="lawl"] His impact when compared to a mid round back is a much smaller gap than that of the other positions that I think we covet.

[/quote]

Im just not sure there was a guy at a different position that was all that great to begin with. Ignoring the Wilson pick, I had a lot of trouble finding a player at 32 that I liked, nobody who just to me looked like a great player there.

Is Randle that much better than a Childs? I dont think so.

Is Reyes or Worthy that much better than a Mike Martin?

I was mostly hoping a top guy fell to them at 32, one didnt.

The truth is none of us know how the giants board is laid out, half the guys you brought up might not even be on the board because of medical or character issues.

Have to just look at it in a vacuum, did they get a good player at 32? Thats really all that matters in the end.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="lawl"] His impact when compared to a mid round back is a much smaller gap than that of the other positions that I think we covet.

[/quote]

Im just not sure there was a guy at a different position that was all that great to begin with. Ignoring the Wilson pick, I had a lot of trouble finding a player at 32 that I liked, nobody who just to me looked like a great player there.

Is Randle that much better than a Childs? I dont think so.

Is Reyes or Worthy that much better than a Mike Martin?

I was mostly hoping a top guy fell to them at 32, one didnt.

The truth is none of us know how the giants board is laid out, half the guys you brought up might not even be on the board because of medical or character issues.

Have to just look at it in a vacuum, did they get a good player at 32? Thats really all that matters in the end.[/quote]I had players I liked better then Wilson although not by a huge margin.i just wish they could of gotten him at 40 instead of 32.
          I really liked Cyrus gray thought he was better value.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="lawl"] His impact when compared to a mid round back is a much smaller gap than that of the other positions that I think we covet.

[/quote] Im just not sure there was a guy at a different position that was all that great to begin with. Ignoring the Wilson pick, I had a lot of trouble finding a player at 32 that I liked, nobody who just to me looked like a great player there. Is Randle that much better than a Childs? I dont think so. Is Reyes or Worthy that much better than a Mike Martin? I was mostly hoping a top guy fell to them at 32, one didnt. The truth is none of us know how the giants board is laid out, half the guys you brought up might not even be on the board because of medical or character issues. Have to just look at it in a vacuum, did they get a good player at 32? Thats really all that matters in the end.[/quote]

Same can be said with the guys you brought up in your comparisons.

Is Wilson that much better than a Gray or Pead or Pierce etc. The list is much longer at running back.

I think there is overwhelming evidence that the likelihoodof there beinga bigger gap of production of a 1st round de/dt/wr is much higher than that of RB. Is this subjective? Perhaps, but I fully believe in it.

Vacuum- All of the guys in the group I listed I view as a good player. You seemed to agree. All of these guys play at much more valuable positions.

Comment

now were just wishing dwayne allen or green is there at 63. Cool i still feel we could of had pead turbin gray later on, pierce. if the 32 pick is essentially a 2nd round pick then on a 2nd round grade. Wilson > Fleener? > Still? > Martin? my opinion is no.

i hope the kid pans out, i hope he can find and shoot the holes fast in our line cause hes going to need to.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
              @Katdaddyjay 17h
              @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
              http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

[quote user="lawl"]I think there is overwhelming evidence that the likelihood*of there being*a bigger gap of production of a 1st round de/dt/wr is much higher than that of RB. Is this subjective? Perhaps, but I fully believe in it.[/quote]

Switch that to 2nd round De/WR/DT vs. 2nd round HB and it may actually prove the opposite....

I know you have an issue with considering the 32nd pick more of a 2nd round than a first. I dont have that issue

Comment

[quote user="lawl"]Same can be said with the guys you brought up in your comparisons.

Is Wilson that much better than a Gray or Pead or Pierce etc. The list is much longer at running back.

I think there is overwhelming evidence that the likelihood*of there being*a bigger gap of production of a 1st round de/dt/wr is much higher than that of RB. Is this subjective? Perhaps, but I fully believe in it.

Vacuum- All of the guys in the group I listed I view as a good player. You seemed to agree. All of these guys play at* much more valuable positions.

[/quote]

You and redeye both make a great argument. wilson is good but the production you're getting from him isnt very much significantly different than what you would get with an isiah pead round 3 or cyrus gray round 4

wilson is a nice player. he might be a need pick with bad value

Comment

Talking to Garafolo a bit, he says he was told Glenn was higher on their draft board, does not know if there were other players higher, Wilson was definately higher than Martin however.

He says the giants thought if there was a run on HBs that guys like Pead, Polk, James, etc would all be gone before they picked in the 2nd. They clearly felt the talent drop off after the 2nd round at HB was rather substantial.

Thought Wilson was substantially better than the other HBs remaining, so they pulled the trigger now, rather than missing out on a bunch of HBs they liked by the time their 2nd round pick came up.

Makes sense from that aspect. So its a bit of a reach, but if there is a run on HBs and a bunch go second round, that may have been really their only choice.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]Talking to Garafolo a bit, he says he was told Glenn was higher on their draft board, does not know if there were other players higher, Wilson was definately higher than Martin however.

He says the giants thought if there was a run on HBs that guys like Pead, Polk, James, etc would all be gone before they picked in the 2nd. They clearly felt the talent drop off after the 2nd round at HB was rather substantial.

Thought Wilson was substantially better than the other HBs remaining, so they pulled the trigger now, rather than missing out on a bunch of HBs they liked by the time their 2nd round pick came up.

Makes sense from that aspect. So its a bit of a reach, but if there is a run on HBs and a bunch go second round, that may have been really their only choice.[/quote]

this proves my point like i said in another post, that TB juked us into making this move because, if it wasn't for them moving up and taking Martin we would of probably been...
                      2. taking Fleener or someone else of equal or greater value cause
                      outside of Richardson no one else picked a RB in the first, so that kind of meant what
                      the analyst said had some truth to it, that RB's are not valued as high
                      and that a good guy would be available in the 2nd close to or where we
                      picked.

and i can almost guarantee the run on TE's is going to be more devastating than the one they think is going to happen to RB's in the second. i won't be surprised if Fleener / charles / allen / green and egnew are all gone before 63

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Comment

[quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="slipknottin"]Talking to Garafolo a bit, he says he was told Glenn was higher on their draft board, does not know if there were other players higher, Wilson was definately higher than Martin however.

Makes sense from that aspect. So its a bit of a reach, but if there is a run on HBs and a bunch go second round, that may have been really their only choice.[/quote]

this proves my point like i said in another post, that TB juked us into making this move because, if it wasn't for them moving up and taking Martin we would of probably been...
                        outside of Richardson no one else picked a RB in the first, so that kind of meant what
                        picked.

and i can almost guarantee the run on TE's is going to be more devastating than the one they think is going to happen to RB's in the second. i won't be surprised if Fleener / charles / allen / green and egnew are all gone before 63
                        [/quote]

I'd be VERY surprised if 5 TE's got drafted in the 2nd round.

Comment

[quote user="moecoastie"][quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="slipknottin"]Talking to Garafolo a bit, he says he was told Glenn was higher on their draft board, does not know if there were other players higher, Wilson was definately higher than Martin however.

picked.

[/quote]

I'd be VERY surprised if 5 TE's got drafted in the 2nd round.[/quote]

passing league homie it could happen, we all thought 1-2 RB's would go in the first or that hill was a lock for the 9ers anything can happen.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]Talking to Garafolo a bit, he says he was told Glenn was higher on their draft board, does not know if there were other players higher, Wilson was definately higher than Martin however.

Makes sense from that aspect. So its a bit of a reach, but if there is a run on HBs and a bunch go second round, that may have been really their only choice.[/quote]Giants realize they can trade up and down right

Comment

[/quote] Im just not sure there was a guy at a different position that was all that great to begin with. Ignoring the Wilson pick, I had a lot of trouble finding a player at 32 that I liked, nobody who just to me looked like a great player there. Is Randle that much better than a Childs? I dont think so. Is Reyes or Worthy that much better than a Mike Martin? I was mostly hoping a top guy fell to them at 32, one didnt. The truth is none of us know how the giants board is laid out, half the guys you brought up might not even be on the board because of medical or character issues. Have to just look at it in a vacuum, did they get a good player at 32? Thats really all that matters in the end.[/quote]

This is exactly how I felt when our pick came up.

I'm not crazy about taking a RB in the first, but I really wasn't crazy abouth the other options left at 32 either. I was hoping that a really highly rated guywould unexpectedly drop and that didn't happen.

Comment

I say Shady McCoy when I look at Wilson. Love the pick!

Comment

Working...
                                X