Your favorite 2013 pass rusher

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite 2013 pass rusher

Who's your favorite pass rusher in this very deep and talented pass rusher draft. Keke mingo is the one I'd most like to see in blue next year. I like his motor and the way he uses his hands to get off blocks which is something that not a lot of college defensive ends know how to do. There are so many quality pass rushers in next years draft that guys who would be first round locks in other years will be pushed down into the second.
    Jarvis Jones
    Sam Montgomery
    Keke mingo
    Alex okafor
    Jackson jeffcoat
    Dion Jordan
    Margus hunt
    William gholston
    Brandon Jenkins
    Bjoern werner
    Devin taylor
    Damontre moore
    Corey lemonier

Who's your guy and why

Re: Your favorite 2013 pass rusher

Assuming he comes out, Bjoern Werner.

He can play either side but the fact that he spends most of his time at the LDE makes him a hot commodity. Furthermore, he is good vs the run.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Your favorite 2013 pass rusher

Jarvis Jones for me
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

This draft does seem to be stacked with defensive ends and with Osi's contract up at the end of the year I expect a pass rusher to be a high priority for the Giants....Obviously I need to see way more of these guys before a final decision, but at first glance I'll go with Mingo. The guy's an athletic freak who looks like a puma chasing down his prey

Comment

I feel like Mingo is definitely going in the first round though. Guys who put up stats in the SEC aren't overlooked.

Comment

1st round depending on where we pick if its late i hope for DE/TE/DT/S in that order. i think the tight-end class is going to be good this upcoming year. ca't wait for college football to start so i can see some of these pass rushers

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
            @Katdaddyjay 17h
            @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
            http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

Margus Hunt is the guy for me. He reminds me a lot of Jared Allen. He's also versatile enough to play DE and DT. Kid is a force.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                Assuming he comes out, Bjoern Werner.

He can play either side but the fact that he spends most of his time at the LDE makes him a hot commodity. Furthermore, he is good vs the run.
                I'm on record as being a jackson jeffcoat guy.. I love his length and athletiscim.. I could see him standing up and putting his hand in the ground, and hes got a mighty quick first step, and looks somewhat comfortable dropping into coverege.. I think hes a complete DE, with versatility to do many diffrent things..

Comment

I'm not sure that Osi won't be back next season, but you never know. Think you have to look at a project guy, don't need somone right away. Don't think we take a first rounder. But I do like Jeffcoat...very athletic

Comment

From watching the previous years, Id say Jarvis Jones right now. Mingo might be a better 3-4 OLB / Pass rusher.
                    Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

I know the knee jerk reaction will be to replace the speed edge rusher in Osi. However, as JPP continues to improve, I think there will be no need on the right side. I think I'd rather sacrifice a little explosion for some strength and length as the LE to back up Tuck. Not too fond of Gholston as of now, but I'll keep an eye on him. Also, hoping to see if Michael Buchanon can gain some weight.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep80 View Post
                        Margus Hunt is the guy for me. He reminds me a lot of Jared Allen. He's also versatile enough to play DE and DT. Kid is a force.
                        Hunt is my 2nd guy.. A sleeper i like is Craig Roh of Michigan(just as a mid rd guy i like).. Rohs got some Jake Bequette formerly of Arkansas and now of the Patriots in him..

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                          Hunt is my 2nd guy.. A sleeper i like is Craig Roh of Michigan(just as a mid rd guy i like).. Rohs got some Jake Bequette formerly of Arkansas and now of the Patriots in him..
                          Everyone loves Hunt and while his Pittsburgh game/measurements are impressive some of his tape is very mediocre

Comment

Dion Jordan will jump up boards. Has outstanding length and athletic ability. At times lines up as a Boundary corner in zone coverage. Needs to add weight and how could u not love a guy that almost got killed by a Vacuum cleaner. I like VT DE James Gayle alot 2.He has great burst , can bend the corner and has plenty of pass rush moves

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                              Dion Jordan will jump up boards. Has outstanding length and athletic ability. At times lines up as a Boundary corner in zone coverage. Needs to add weight and how could u not love a guy that almost got killed by a Vacuum cleaner. I like VT DE James Gayle alot 2.He has great burst , can bend the corner and has plenty of pass rush moves
                              I coulden't agree more Redeye.. Another guy i like as more of a 3rd-5th rd type DE is Cameron Meredith DE Nebraska.. Dude is ultra active and has the strength to hold up against the run despite not huge size as well as speed to rush the passer.. Hes definetly someone to keep a eye on..

Comment

Working...
                              X