Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do we do in the draft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
    You like him as a 1st rounder or 2nd? Outside of Te'o, I don't think there's really an inside guy worthy of a 1st this year now. If we got him as a mid to late 2nd though...that would be a solid selection.
    I love Alec Ogletree and CJ Mosley.. I think Ogletree is a physical speciman, whos stong, fast and instinctive, and he hits hard and can blitz... Ogletree is gonna light up the combine(gut feeling), and i 100pct think hes gonna be a 1st rder, and if for some reason he don't go in RD1, i think hes gonna produce like a 1st rder, and teams will wish they took em in RD 1..

    Ogletree does just about everything well.. Walt Footballs actually got em going 19th overall to CHICAGO, and states, that Ogletree might be the best prospect on the board, and thats saying something, becasue he still has guys like Ansah, Vaccaro , Keenan Allen, Tyler Eifert, and many more stud prospects still on the board...


    Ogletree missed the first 4games of the season for bulldogs, and still had 99tackles 8.5 TFL, 2sacks, 1INT, 5Pass Defended!!!! Thats freaking awesome!

    Hes a all around LB, and i suggest u watch him closley in his bowl game, because ur gonna leave thinking not only is he a 1st rdrer, but a heck of a 1st rd prospect...

    Comment


    • #32
      1st round? Always BPA. Don't waste the pick (and $$) on anything other than BPA.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
        I love Alec Ogletree and CJ Mosley.. I think Ogletree is a physical speciman, whos stong, fast and instinctive, and he hits hard and can blitz... Ogletree is gonna light up the combine(gut feeling), and i 100pct think hes gonna be a 1st rder, and if for some reason he don't go in RD1, i think hes gonna produce like a 1st rder, and teams will wish they took em in RD 1..

        Ogletree does just about everything well.. Walt Footballs actually got em going 19th overall to CHICAGO, and states, that Ogletree might be the best prospect on the board, and thats saying something, becasue he still has guys like Ansah, Vaccaro , Keenan Allen, Tyler Eifert, and many more stud prospects still on the board...


        Ogletree missed the first 4games of the season for bulldogs, and still had 99tackles 8.5 TFL, 2sacks, 1INT, 5Pass Defended!!!! Thats freaking awesome!

        Hes a all around LB, and i suggest u watch him closley in his bowl game, because ur gonna leave thinking not only is he a 1st rdrer, but a heck of a 1st rd prospect...
        Out of all the games I've seen on him he looks horrible. No clue what you're seeing. He gets blocked out of the play every time because he is a safety playing linebacker. Where do you see strong anywhere??

        Comment


        • #34
          Yea, I tend to agree on Ogletree. He has trouble reading his keys, and he does get washed out and is not overly stout or physical, especially when a lineman gets their hands on him.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by WiIdcat View Post
            Out of all the games I've seen on him he looks horrible. No clue what you're seeing. He gets blocked out of the play every time because he is a safety playing linebacker. Where do you see strong anywhere??
            Are u kidding? Hes been about the biggest diffrence maker since returning for GA.. He lead the team in Tackles with 99, had 8.5TFL, 2sacks, return punt for td, a INT, and a saftey..lol Oh ya, he only played in 9games! What do u think, the guys gonna never get blocked???lol THis kid is as physical as it gets, and was GA's best defender since returning, hands down.. Physical, Fast, instinctive, the complete package..


            Last yr, he played in 8games, and had 7.5TFL, 3FF, 6QB Pressues.. He completely dominated the bowl game and was lighting up the big michigan st backs... He can cover, can get ot the QB, stop RB's in there tracks..etc He constantly leads the team in tackles...etc He pressues the QB, he makes big plays.. What the freak do u want em to do?

            Trust me, hes a 1st rder, and probably will go before the 23rd pick in the draft.. Sorry, finesse MLB's don't go that high..lol

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
              1st round? Always BPA. Don't waste the pick (and $$) on anything other than BPA.
              Agreed.. Take the player thats gonna change games and make impact and has room to get better.. Thats why i chose Alec Ogletree.. Hes versatile, strong, a playmaker, has oodles of speed, and athletic ability, can make the hard impactful game changing hit, and is always around the ball...

              Sure, he could get alittle stronger, but no prospect is perfect.. This kids upside is through the roof..

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                You like him as a 1st rounder or 2nd? Outside of Te'o, I don't think there's really an inside guy worthy of a 1st this year now. If we got him as a mid to late 2nd though...that would be a solid selection.
                doesn't really matter,,,,reese will draft best player available so it is impossible to say who they pick with any certainty. who would have thought prince? but he fell and ta da........I just hope we don't whiff on anybody rounds 1-4.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                  doesn't really matter,,,,reese will draft best player available so it is impossible to say who they pick with any certainty. who would have thought prince? but he fell and ta da........I just hope we don't whiff on anybody rounds 1-4.
                  Ya, someone probably will fall that wasen't expected to, and were right there in prime positon pick 19-23(depending on weekend), to snatch a sweet pickup up..

                  I just hope we get a diffrence maker.. Someone who can change the game on Defense.. A guy like Ansah, Ogletree, Van Noy, Okafor, or someone like that.. Or obviously a olineman like Eric Fisher(looked awesome in bowl game), CHance Warmack, or Taylor Lewan(could play RT and move to LT if Beatty isn't resigned)..

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    De dt cb are musts in the offseason

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                      doesn't really matter,,,,reese will draft best player available so it is impossible to say who they pick with any certainty. who would have thought prince? but he fell and ta da........I just hope we don't whiff on anybody rounds 1-4.
                      Not always true. Glenn was his highest graded player available last year but he went with Wilson because he was afraid a run on RBs was going to happen in the 2nd. If the prospects are closely graded to Reese, need will become a factor.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                        Not always true. Glenn was his highest graded player available last year but he went with Wilson because he was afraid a run on RBs was going to happen in the 2nd. If the prospects are closely graded to Reese, need will become a factor.
                        That worked out great for us.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                          Not always true. Glenn was his highest graded player available last year but he went with Wilson because he was afraid a run on RBs was going to happen in the 2nd. If the prospects are closely graded to Reese, need will become a factor.
                          I wanted GLENN so bad last yr when he was still on the board and Whitney Mercilus and Doug Martin were gone.. A guy Glenns size that can move like that was destined for greatness.. I never seen bills fans rave so much about a OT before GLENN during the preseason and summer...

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                            Are u kidding? Hes been about the biggest diffrence maker since returning for GA.. He lead the team in Tackles with 99, had 8.5TFL, 2sacks, return punt for td, a INT, and a saftey..lol Oh ya, he only played in 9games! What do u think, the guys gonna never get blocked???lol THis kid is as physical as it gets, and was GA's best defender since returning, hands down.. Physical, Fast, instinctive, the complete package..


                            Last yr, he played in 8games, and had 7.5TFL, 3FF, 6QB Pressues.. He completely dominated the bowl game and was lighting up the big michigan st backs... He can cover, can get ot the QB, stop RB's in there tracks..etc He constantly leads the team in tackles...etc He pressues the QB, he makes big plays.. What the freak do u want em to do?

                            Trust me, hes a 1st rder, and probably will go before the 23rd pick in the draft.. Sorry, finesse MLB's don't go that high..lol
                            Ok Terrel Thomas had over 100 tackles a few years back. Why don't we put him at MLB? I don't deny that Ogletree is a good football player but he is not a linebacker. He gets abused in the run game. You probably follow this stuff more than me so could you show me where he makes some plays in the run game? Like a nice block shed or a tackle for a loss?
                            Last edited by WiIdcat; 12-28-2012, 12:22 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                              I wanted GLENN so bad last yr when he was still on the board and Whitney Mercilus and Doug Martin were gone.. A guy Glenns size that can move like that was destined for greatness.. I never seen bills fans rave so much about a OT before GLENN during the preseason and summer...
                              I still dont understand how if thats the highest graded guy on your board why a RB being picked would change who u draft. They must of thought they were getting Martin and just completely panicked when he got picked. A Split time back that doesnt have WR skills and cant block isnt a first rounder. The Value of that pick really pisses me off. Why the Giants decided luxury picks were the best way to go and dont even start with me on Robinson.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by WiIdcat View Post
                                Ok Terrel Thomas had over 100 tackles a few years back. Why don't we put him at MLB? I don't deny that Ogletree is a good football player but he is not a linebacker. He gets abused in the run game. You probably follow this stuff more than me so could you show me where he makes some plays in the run game? Like a nice block shed or a tackle for a loss?
                                He is a LB just might not be a MLB .Ogletree doesnt stack and shed very well but when he is clean he is the best LB in the class. He would immediately help with pass defense. He has the arm length and the frame to improve but he must get bigger if he will play inside
                                Last edited by Redeyejedi; 12-28-2012, 12:04 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X