What do we do in the draft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeoGoGo
    started a topic What do we do in the draft?

What do we do in the draft?

Hi Everyone,

Well, this team sure feels full of holes. Oline is bad, dline is old, no big time linebacker for how long now? What do the Giants do in the upcoming draft? All I know is whomever comes with our 1st pick, they have to contribute immediately. I don't want to see them starting to show flashes in week 15. They may not have to start but they need to contribute game 1.

I would love to see a big time linebacker. Someone who can assist the line with the rush. I don't follow college foootball very closely but I hear a lot of talk about the guy from Notre Dame, Mantai Taeo. It sounds like he is going really high, like top 10. Could the Giants make a move to get him? Is that possible?

What do you guys think? Let's hear your ideas. Thanks everyone for the time.

Let go, Giants!!!

• myles2424
    replied
    Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    He is a LB just might not be a MLB .Ogletree doesnt stack and shed very well but when he is clean he is the best LB in the class. He would immediately help with pass defense. He has the arm length and the frame to improve but he must get bigger if he will play inside
    Id say its more difficult dealing with a LB that plays the run but gets blown up in the pass game, than dealing with a playmaking LB thats great against the pass. but needs to pack on another 10ish lbs in the weight room...

Leave a comment:

• WiIdcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    He is a LB just might not be a MLB .Ogletree doesnt stack and shed very well but when he is clean he is the best LB in the class. He would immediately help with pass defense. He has the arm length and the frame to improve but he must get bigger if he will play inside
    I agree with you. He is good when he isn't blocked but that's a huge part of the game for a middle linebacker.

Leave a comment:

• Redeyejedi
    replied
    Originally posted by WiIdcat View Post
    Ok Terrel Thomas had over 100 tackles a few years back. Why don't we put him at MLB? I don't deny that Ogletree is a good football player but he is not a linebacker. He gets abused in the run game. You probably follow this stuff more than me so could you show me where he makes some plays in the run game? Like a nice block shed or a tackle for a loss?
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 12-28-2012, 11:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Redeyejedi
    replied
    Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I wanted GLENN so bad last yr when he was still on the board and Whitney Mercilus and Doug Martin were gone.. A guy Glenns size that can move like that was destined for greatness.. I never seen bills fans rave so much about a OT before GLENN during the preseason and summer...
    I still dont understand how if thats the highest graded guy on your board why a RB being picked would change who u draft. They must of thought they were getting Martin and just completely panicked when he got picked. A Split time back that doesnt have WR skills and cant block isnt a first rounder. The Value of that pick really pisses me off. Why the Giants decided luxury picks were the best way to go and dont even start with me on Robinson.

Leave a comment:

• WiIdcat
    replied
    Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Are u kidding? Hes been about the biggest diffrence maker since returning for GA.. He lead the team in Tackles with 99, had 8.5TFL, 2sacks, return punt for td, a INT, and a saftey..lol Oh ya, he only played in 9games! What do u think, the guys gonna never get blocked???lol THis kid is as physical as it gets, and was GA's best defender since returning, hands down.. Physical, Fast, instinctive, the complete package..

Last yr, he played in 8games, and had 7.5TFL, 3FF, 6QB Pressues.. He completely dominated the bowl game and was lighting up the big michigan st backs... He can cover, can get ot the QB, stop RB's in there tracks..etc He constantly leads the team in tackles...etc He pressues the QB, he makes big plays.. What the freak do u want em to do?

Trust me, hes a 1st rder, and probably will go before the 23rd pick in the draft.. Sorry, finesse MLB's don't go that high..lol
    Ok Terrel Thomas had over 100 tackles a few years back. Why don't we put him at MLB? I don't deny that Ogletree is a good football player but he is not a linebacker. He gets abused in the run game. You probably follow this stuff more than me so could you show me where he makes some plays in the run game? Like a nice block shed or a tackle for a loss?
    Last edited by WiIdcat; 12-27-2012, 11:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nycsportzfan
    replied
    Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Not always true. Glenn was his highest graded player available last year but he went with Wilson because he was afraid a run on RBs was going to happen in the 2nd. If the prospects are closely graded to Reese, need will become a factor.
    I wanted GLENN so bad last yr when he was still on the board and Whitney Mercilus and Doug Martin were gone.. A guy Glenns size that can move like that was destined for greatness.. I never seen bills fans rave so much about a OT before GLENN during the preseason and summer...

Leave a comment:

• Imgrate
    replied
    Not always true. Glenn was his highest graded player available last year but he went with Wilson because he was afraid a run on RBs was going to happen in the 2nd. If the prospects are closely graded to Reese, need will become a factor.
    That worked out great for us.

Leave a comment:

• TheEnigma
    replied
    Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    doesn't really matter,,,,reese will draft best player available so it is impossible to say who they pick with any certainty. who would have thought prince? but he fell and ta da........I just hope we don't whiff on anybody rounds 1-4.

Leave a comment:

• Imgrate
    replied
    De dt cb are musts in the offseason

Leave a comment:

• nycsportzfan
    replied
    Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    doesn't really matter,,,,reese will draft best player available so it is impossible to say who they pick with any certainty. who would have thought prince? but he fell and ta da........I just hope we don't whiff on anybody rounds 1-4.
    Ya, someone probably will fall that wasen't expected to, and were right there in prime positon pick 19-23(depending on weekend), to snatch a sweet pickup up..

I just hope we get a diffrence maker.. Someone who can change the game on Defense.. A guy like Ansah, Ogletree, Van Noy, Okafor, or someone like that.. Or obviously a olineman like Eric Fisher(looked awesome in bowl game), CHance Warmack, or Taylor Lewan(could play RT and move to LT if Beatty isn't resigned)..

Leave a comment:

• ELI_HOF_NYG
    replied
    You like him as a 1st rounder or 2nd? Outside of Te'o, I don't think there's really an inside guy worthy of a 1st this year now. If we got him as a mid to late 2nd though...that would be a solid selection.

Leave a comment:

• nycsportzfan
    replied
    Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
    1st round? Always BPA. Don't waste the pick (and $$) on anything other than BPA.
    Agreed.. Take the player thats gonna change games and make impact and has room to get better.. Thats why i chose Alec Ogletree.. Hes versatile, strong, a playmaker, has oodles of speed, and athletic ability, can make the hard impactful game changing hit, and is always around the ball...

Sure, he could get alittle stronger, but no prospect is perfect.. This kids upside is through the roof..

Leave a comment:

• nycsportzfan
    replied
    Originally posted by WiIdcat View Post
    Out of all the games I've seen on him he looks horrible. No clue what you're seeing. He gets blocked out of the play every time because he is a safety playing linebacker. Where do you see strong anywhere??
    Are u kidding? Hes been about the biggest diffrence maker since returning for GA.. He lead the team in Tackles with 99, had 8.5TFL, 2sacks, return punt for td, a INT, and a saftey..lol Oh ya, he only played in 9games! What do u think, the guys gonna never get blocked???lol THis kid is as physical as it gets, and was GA's best defender since returning, hands down.. Physical, Fast, instinctive, the complete package..

Last yr, he played in 8games, and had 7.5TFL, 3FF, 6QB Pressues.. He completely dominated the bowl game and was lighting up the big michigan st backs... He can cover, can get ot the QB, stop RB's in there tracks..etc He constantly leads the team in tackles...etc He pressues the QB, he makes big plays.. What the freak do u want em to do?

Trust me, hes a 1st rder, and probably will go before the 23rd pick in the draft.. Sorry, finesse MLB's don't go that high..lol

Leave a comment:

• slipknottin
    replied
    Yea, I tend to agree on Ogletree. He has trouble reading his keys, and he does get washed out and is not overly stout or physical, especially when a lineman gets their hands on him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X