Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Te'o

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    The way i look at it, is if tehres a player whos better then a DE or CB, then u take em.. I mean, u don't take a CB or DE when u have a better looking playmaker at MLB starting u in the face... U know?
    Theres not the most important players on D & having a Pat willis isnt mandatory to have a great D,but when your LBs are below average, then you upgrade....As long as theyre one of the 11 men on the field & are a weakness,then you take care of the problem.....1st,round,2nd,Fa, Whatever it is, these guys arent worthy....Cant expect UDFAs,late round picks & other teams trash to put together a good corps..

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
      Are they as impactful as DE,Cbs? obviously not....But when your MLBs have been crappy as ours have been, spending a high pick on one seems necessary....You obviously dont grab one ahead of a Elite passrusher or potential shutdown CB.....But when you look at blackburn,dillard,G.jones,Goff, then yes MLB is very important....Going from junk to atleast a decent MLB would make a big difference on this D.....
      Other than jpp and linval, we have no young talent on the dl. I'm not saying take a 3rd round rated player in the first, but if there's a first round rated de dt cb then you take him, regardless of the linebackers on the board, because even if he isn't as good of a player he will still impact the game more.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
        The way i look at it, is if tehres a player whos better then a DE or CB, then u take em.. I mean, u don't take a CB or DE when u have a better looking playmaker at MLB starting u in the face... U know?
        Completely disagree. A good corner/de/dt helps you more than a great mlb. FOs around the league agree with me.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
          Other than jpp and linval, we have no young talent on the dl. I'm not saying take a 3rd round rated player in the first, but if there's a first round rated de dt cb then you take him, regardless of the linebackers on the board, because even if he isn't as good of a player he will still impact the game more.
          I think we'd all agree that we need youth at DE & a playmaker interior...but anyone that thinks we dont need to consider upgrades at LB because theyrent important needs watch tape of LBs that other teams have & compare to ours...

          Comment


          • #50
            hey imgrate

            Luke Kuechly in his rookie year is already 10x better than Blackburn and he has been in the league for 7 years. PFF has Kuechly as the #5 overall ILB in the league this year. Blackburn? #46 lol he is so bad.

            There is no such thing as a higher position of importance, especially on defense. Good players make plays at any position on the defense. JJ Watt is about to break the sack record as an interior lineman, Aldon Smith is about to break the sack record in his second year on the outside, Ray Lewis is a member of the 40 sack/30 int club, Derrel Revis can shut down anyone, and Ed Reed has been a turnover machine at Safety... Notice the pattern here? Every position can have a huge impact on the game.

            Te'o has the play-making ability and leadership qualities to be the next Ray Lewis. In the last 2 seasons he has 235 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 7 interceptions, 13 PDs, and a FF. PLAYMAKER.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
              Completely disagree. A good corner/de/dt helps you more than a great mlb. FOs around the league agree with me.
              They do ey??lol I guess when Manti Te'o goes ahead of Ez Ansah, Okafor, and probably a few other touted DE's, and the fact Kuechly went top 10, and Willis went when he did, and so on and so fourth, will still make u right, ey?

              Bottom line, u said that Carolina going from dreadful on Defense when Kuechly wasen't starting at MLB, to 4th Ranked in Total Defense with him at MLB, dosen't mean its Kuechly whos the reason. But in teh same thread, u trash Carolinas Secondary and Dline..lol Well done, my friend..

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by WiIdcat View Post
                hey imgrate

                Luke Kuechly in his rookie year is already 10x better than Blackburn and he has been in the league for 7 years. PFF has Kuechly as the #5 overall ILB in the league this year. Blackburn? #46 lol he is so bad.

                There is no such thing as a higher position of importance, especially on defense. Good players make plays at any position on the defense. JJ Watt is about to break the sack record as an interior lineman, Aldon Smith is about to break the sack record in his second year on the outside, Ray Lewis is a member of the 40 sack/30 int club, Derrel Revis can shut down anyone, and Ed Reed has been a turnover machine at Safety... Notice the pattern here? Every position can have a huge impact on the game.

                Te'o has the play-making ability and leadership qualities to be the next Ray Lewis. In the last 2 seasons he has 235 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 7 interceptions, 13 PDs, and a FF. PLAYMAKER.
                Bingo! U start reaching for players due to u thinking its more important positon, u end up without a job... U see a Vernon Davis, Patrick Willis, Mike Iupati, Anthony Davis( TE, MLB, G, RT) and u draft them, all being positons of so called "non importance" by some, and what do u know, ur on ur way to the postseason yet again, and ur one of the best ALL AROUND young teams in the NFL...

                Comment


                • #53
                  Anyway, the Giants are not getting him.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    You can bash the panthers secondary, but you cant bash their defensive line and linebacker core.
                    ​​​

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                      Anyway, the Giants are not getting him.
                      Yup pretty much. I think a darkhorse possibility for him would be to the Lions. They lack leadership on the defensive side of the ball and he could be the guy to get that team in shape. I just can't see him getting past the 10th unless a serious injury issue is discovered and he has some HORRIBLE 40 time lol.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                        Yup pretty much. I think a darkhorse possibility for him would be to the Lions. They lack leadership on the defensive side of the ball and he could be the guy to get that team in shape. I just can't see him getting past the 10th unless a serious injury issue is discovered and he has some HORRIBLE 40 time lol.
                        I know the guy is good but I keep getting this gut feeling he'll have workout numbers equal to Burflict(minus character issues). I don't know why but I just get that feeling.

                        The issue though comes down to if he is still there and someone like Ansah is sitting there. I still say you have to go Ansah, just because the 4-3 we run requires ends getting to the quarterback. As soft as our middle has been, end is still a priority.
                        Last edited by Rat_bastich; 12-29-2012, 04:12 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
                          I know the guy is good but I keep getting this gut feeling he'll have workout numbers equal to Burflict(minus character issues). I don't know why but I just get that feeling.

                          The issue though comes down to if he is still there and someone like Ansah is sitting there. I still say you have to go Ansah, just because the 4-3 we run requires ends getting to the quarterback. As soft as our middle has been, end is still a priority.
                          It comes down to what u think of the players on the board when u pick.. If u think a Eric Fisher is better then a Ez Ansah, u take fisher.. If u think a Ogletree is better then Ansah, u take ogletree..etc U simply don't take a player becuase u think its more important positon.. When a team has mega needs, it don't make sense to prioritize like that, becuse its not gonna make the diffrence right now anyway, and u could end with a better END down the rd, and not have the same talent to choose from at T or MLB... I see it happen all the time to the crappy teams in the league..

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                            Yup pretty much. I think a darkhorse possibility for him would be to the Lions. They lack leadership on the defensive side of the ball and he could be the guy to get that team in shape. I just can't see him getting past the 10th unless a serious injury issue is discovered and he has some HORRIBLE 40 time lol.
                            Hes not getting by the 10th pick anymore then Luke Kuechly was last yr.. 90pct of this board would of passed on Kuechly if they were GM of the panthers, because of his positon, and the guys on his way to winning the DROY, and has since moving to MLB, helped propel Carolina into 4th in the NFL in total defense...

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Don't care what he does at the combine, he has proven to be a very good player throughout his college career.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                                They do ey??lol I guess when Manti Te'o goes ahead of Ez Ansah, Okafor, and probably a few other touted DE's, and the fact Kuechly went top 10, and Willis went when he did, and so on and so fourth, will still make u right, ey?Bottom line, u said that Carolina going from dreadful on Defense when Kuechly wasen't starting at MLB, to 4th Ranked in Total Defense with him at MLB, dosen't mean its Kuechly whos the reason. But in teh same thread, u trash Carolinas Secondary and Dline..lol Well done, my friend..
                                Look how much a good corner like brandon carr gets paid then look at willis contract. GMs agree with me.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X