Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alex Okafor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGo3BVi_7Do

    Okafor 2012 highlights.. I think Im a big fan of this guy now..

    Comment


    • #17
      Okafor's probably my favorite end right now in that range mainly due to his pass rushing abilities. He just looks fast and relentless out there. In terms of the rungame, Okafor's looked to be more of the player set the edge and guard against the bounce, whereas Ansah can just disengage and power through regardless of being double teamed. Can just be what's asked of them, but I've seen Okafor put his hand down at the 5 and just blow past the guard with speed and quickness.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
        Okafor's probably my favorite end right now in that range mainly due to his pass rushing abilities. He just looks fast and relentless out there. In terms of the rungame, Okafor's looked to be more of the player set the edge and guard against the bounce, whereas Ansah can just disengage and power through regardless of being double teamed. Can just be what's asked of them, but I've seen Okafor put his hand down at the 5 and just blow past the guard with speed and quickness.
        There both very good prospects.. Okafor reminds me alot of Andre Branch from last yrs draft, who i also liked... Ansah reminds me of JPP.. Both fine players, but i think Ansah is the higher ceiling player, and only one of 2 worth a top 20seclection..

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
          Just curious but what DEs in recent years have you been impressed by?
          Maybe I should reword that.
          As far as a every down possible 1st round 4-3 DEs, im not impressed....The mingo kid & Jordan dont fit that mold...Ansah is slightly overrated...

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
            Just curious but what DEs in recent years have you been impressed by?
            I'm not bashing any of these guys, just saying from what ive seen, none of these guys are looking great as 4-3 DEs...but thats from what ive seen, havent done extensive research...but in recent years, greg hardy, michael johnson, robert quinn, brandon graham, jpp, orakpo, mercillus are all guys that showed up on tape from what I saw...

            Comment


            • #21
              After Ansah and Okafor, there is a pretty significant drop off in talent at the position. So if you don't like any of these guys, can we just assume you don't like any at all?

              Comment


              • #22
                Okafor is growing on me.. could be a nice option at#19

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
                  I'm not bashing any of these guys, just saying from what ive seen, none of these guys are looking great as 4-3 DEs...but thats from what ive seen, havent done extensive research...but in recent years, greg hardy, michael johnson, robert quinn, brandon graham, jpp, orakpo, mercillus are all guys that showed up on tape from what I saw...
                  This draft seems pretty deep at DE to me.

                  I can understand not being in love with a guy like Sam Montgomery (he's over rated imo) but how do you look at Okafor or Ansah and say they're not eye popping?
                  I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
                    After Ansah and Okafor, there is a pretty significant drop off in talent at the position. So if you don't like any of these guys, can we just assume you don't like any at all?
                    I dont agree. I look at a guy like Tank Carradine, who prior to his injury was rated ahead of Ansah by virtually everyone, and ahead of Okafor by some, and I think this kid could end up being the steal of the draft. He was having a monster year this year vs both the run and the pass.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                      I dont agree. I look at a guy like Tank Carradine, who prior to his injury was rated ahead of Ansah by virtually everyone, and ahead of Okafor by some, and I think this kid could end up being the steal of the draft. He was having a monster year this year vs both the run and the pass.
                      Only saw starting action as a senior and only then after the starting DE went down.

                      So he played one season as a starter (great stats) and promptly blew out his knee.

                      No way I use a first round flyer on this guy (projected as an early to mid 4th rounder currently).
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                        Only saw starting action as a senior and only then after the starting DE went down.

                        So he played one season as a starter (great stats) and promptly blew out his knee.

                        No way I use a first round flyer on this guy (projected as an early to mid 4th rounder currently).

                        I'm not at all suggesting using a 1st rounder on him. Did you see the comment I was replying to? I was just not agreeing that there is sa huge talent dropoff after Ansah and Okafor. There are a lot of outside guys to like this year imho.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Carradine ahead of Okafor? I find that highly unlikely...

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
                            Carradine ahead of Okafor? I find that highly unlikely...
                            Nobody is saying he is a better prospect NOW, but prior to his injury Carradine was being talked about as 1st round talent in the same range as Okafor.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              What sources are these then? I've consistently seen him at best late second round, but usually in the third. And even those I take with a grain of salt.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
                                What sources are these then? I've consistently seen him at best late second round, but usually in the third. And even those I take with a grain of salt.
                                There is a thing called the internet, you can do searches and stuff on it, Check it out.

                                I just did 1 for "Tank carradine 1st rounder" and the search came up with tons of sites that had him as a 1st rounder prior to his injury. Heck, even NYCsportfan mocked him to us as a 1st rounder in these very forums at one point. Here was the 1st listed article tho if you havent figured out how to use the internet:

                                http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...fers-torn-acl/

                                He led the nation in sacks and tackles for a loss at one point I beleive. You must not follow college football if you are surprised to hear that he was considered a 1st round talent prior to his injury.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X