Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

possible NYG draft picks playing in BCS National Championship Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    has there been a bigger fraud at #1?
    That would mean the BCS ranking system is a fraud since that's heavily based on the win-loss record alone. According to that system, Notre Dame definitely earned their No. 1 ranking no matter how much or bad they match up to other top teams because they never played anyone higher than Standford.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
      That would mean the BCS ranking system is a fraud since that's heavily based on the win-loss record alone. According to that system, Notre Dame definitely earned their No. 1 ranking no matter how much or bad they match up to other top teams because they never played anyone higher than Standford.
      the BCS ranking system, and the BCS in general is a fraud.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
        the BCS ranking system, and the BCS in general is a fraud.
        It'll never be perfect since it's just for college football players that play for no money minus the athletic scholarships and a majority of them will never make it to or in the NFL anyway.

        Comment


        • #34
          https://twitter.com/KateUpton/status/288492425809362944

          Comment


          • #35
            The best college team of all time get's smoked by the worst NFL team of all time and it would even be close, so stop with these Bama looks better than the average NFL squad comments.
            Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

            http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Jppallday View Post
              You're an idiot
              They have a better LG, C, There LT has a lot of potential.I would also take thier RT over DD

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                The best college team of all time get's smoked by the worst NFL team of all time and it would even be close, so stop with these Bama looks better than the average NFL squad comments.
                IDK dude, there o line plus rbs situation can keep them in the game vs the jags. plus much much better coaching for alabama.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by giants8493 View Post
                  IDK dude, there o line plus rbs situation can keep them in the game vs the jags. plus much much better coaching for alabama.
                  Idk why some people find this hard to believe. BAMA HAD 5 OF THE FIRST 35 PLAYERS DRAFTED LAST YEAR and most likely another 3 first rounders this year. It's not like every nfl team is all 1st rounders playing. Bama would have had a decent shot at beating a bad nfl team last year.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by WiIdcat View Post
                    Idk why some people find this hard to believe. BAMA HAD 5 OF THE FIRST 35 PLAYERS DRAFTED LAST YEAR and most likely another 3 first rounders this year. It's not like every nfl team is all 1st rounders playing. Bama would have had a decent shot at beating a bad nfl team last year.
                    This is the dumbest thing said today. NFL teams have 53 guys that were studs in college or have surpassed guys that were studs in college. Even the best college teams in history have 10 NFL worthy players on their roster. The 2008 Lions would hammer the best team in college football 99 out of 100 games.

                    The speed and the physicality of the NFL would overwhelm the majority of a college team. Complex schemes and play calling would fool all of them.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
                      This is the dumbest thing said today. NFL teams have 53 guys that were studs in college or have surpassed guys that were studs in college. Even the best college teams in history have 10 NFL worthy players on their roster. The 2008 Lions would hammer the best team in college football 99 out of 100 games.

                      The speed and the physicality of the NFL would overwhelm the majority of a college team. Complex schemes and play calling would fool all of them.
                      I think it would be better stated that Alabama's O line could hold it's own against lower level NFL D lines,,,now I don't believe that but it sounds more believable than Alabama as a team could beat an NFL team,,you know what I mean?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
                        This is the dumbest thing said today. NFL teams have 53 guys that were studs in college or have surpassed guys that were studs in college. Even the best college teams in history have 10 NFL worthy players on their roster. The 2008 Lions would hammer the best team in college football 99 out of 100 games.

                        The speed and the physicality of the NFL would overwhelm the majority of a college team. Complex schemes and play calling would fool all of them.
                        I must disagree with this statement. If Alabama were to have last year's class (which many were Juniors) still on the tem I think they could compete with an NFL Team. That's Dee Milliner and Kirkpatrick on the outside with Mark Barron and Robert Lester, Hightower and Mosley at ILB with Dial and Upshaw at OLB. The D could compete. Offense might have a little more trouble but I still think Bama would be able to run the ball.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Rediculous to think Bama could hang with any NFL team. What is worth discussing is how Notre Dame gets to play in a national champ game without having to play a conferense Champ game? I mean that is the hardest game of the year for all conference teams...Notre Dame are kids playing amongst men. Place Notre Dame in the SEC this year either East or West and they are not even playing in the Pinstripe Bowl..College Football needs once and foreall to foreget about the revenue created by Bowl games and give everyone what they want which is a playoff system of at least the top 10 teams

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Chance Warmack might be the best guard I have ever seen in college. Gaurds don't typically go in the top 10 but I don't think there is a safer pick in the this years draft. Even though the Giants really need a right tackle I would have no problem if they took Warmack at 19 if he still is there.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
                              Chance Warmack might be the best guard I have ever seen in college. Gaurds don't typically go in the top 10 but I don't think there is a safer pick in the this years draft. Even though the Giants really need a right tackle I would have no problem if they took Warmack at 19 if he still is there.
                              I know he's a natural Guard.. but I think he can play RT too..

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                                the BCS ranking system, and the BCS in general is a fraud.
                                Why?

                                ND was undefeated and played a very tough schedule.
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X