Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    Why?

ND was undefeated and played a very tough schedule.
    I think he is saying that if there was a play-off ND wouldn't have gotten to the National Title game. Which for the record I agree with. Oregon and Alabama were clearly the best 2 teams in the country.

Comment

I think the name of that bowl game should have been the toilet bowl. Bama vs flush
      Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Comment

Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
        I think he is saying that if there was a play-off ND wouldn't have gotten to the National Title game. Which for the record I agree with. Oregon and Alabama were clearly the best 2 teams in the country.
        Look...the ridiculous 6 week gap skews the whole process.
        But then its ALL about the money in college football.
        College football is a joke, not because of the lack of a playoff, but because a few teams get all the players and a few extremely high paid coaches are leading unpaid players to make more money for the powers of the NCAA.
        And these schools have no interest in educating these players either. Its all so friggin corrupt in my view.
        I was rooting for ND because at least they have players who actually go to class and they have interest in educating these kids.
        This blowout win was a victory for the scoundrels in the NCAA.

Rant over.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Why?

Look at the common opponent Pitt. ND had to hang on in 3 OT's to luck out a win after Pitt missed a chip shot FG in the 2nd OT. Pitt then goes & plays a middle of the pack SEC team Ole Miss in the BACC bowl on Jan 5th & gets blown out 38-14 & Pitt scores a garbage TD late in 4th against Ole Miss's reserves. Alabama took Ole Miss to the woodshed earlier in the year. After watching the BACC bowl & seeing how easily Ole Miss ran over Pitt there was no way in my mind prior to kick off that I thought ND had a chance against Ala which prooved true.

Sad thing about this is Ala probably wasn't the best team in the SEC @ year's end. Texas A&M who whipped Ala soundly @ Bama's home stadium crushed Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl & Georgia also gave Ala all they could handle & if not for clock mismanagement could have beaten them in the SEC Championship game

What college football needs is a 16 team playoff to weed out all the bull & really crown a true national champion once & for all. IMHO anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jakegibbs View Post
            Look at the common opponent Pitt. ND had to hang on in 3 OT's to luck out a win after Pitt missed a chip shot FG in the 2nd OT. Pitt then goes & plays a middle of the pack SEC team Ole Miss in the BACC bowl on Jan 5th & gets blown out 38-14 & Pitt scores a garbage TD late in 4th against Ole Miss's reserves. Alabama took Ole Miss to the woodshed earlier in the year. After watching the BACC bowl & seeing how easily Ole Miss ran over Pitt there was no way in my mind prior to kick off that I thought ND had a chance against Ala which prooved true.

Sad thing about this is Ala probably wasn't the best team in the SEC @ year's end. Texas A&M who whipped Ala soundly @ Bama's home stadium crushed Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl & Georgia also gave Ala all they could handle & if not for clock mismanagement could have beaten them in the SEC Championship game

What college football needs is a 16 team playoff to weed out all the bull & really crown a true national champion once & for all. IMHO anyway.
            More games by "student athlete's", getting their heads bashed in, just so a bunch of fans can have some resolution.
            Why can't we go back to the old system? Its not the end of the world if there isn't a definitive champion.
            The only reason anyone in the NCAA or the BCS does anything is to enhance their pockets. The student athlete is lost in the mess because we fans want what we want.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

ND was blown out because the SEC is just that good. Yeah, they had a tough schedule. Alabama had a tougher schedule. Much tougher. Heard somebody say it last week. To bad Stanford made that kick in overtime to beat Oregon. Then again, maybe Alabama would have been left out. Anyway, there will soon have a playoff system. Also, don't forget about Ohio State. They will be a force once again. They where undefeated this year but still on suspension.

Comment

Barett Jones- solid as well, controlling his man at line of scrimmage, plays multiple positions on OL, I believe.

Won the college lineman of the year at 3 positions over the last 3 years. He's an absolute must for the NYGs. Talk about versitility.

Comment

Barett Jones- solid as well, controlling his man at line of scrimmage, plays multiple positions on OL, I believe.

Won the college lineman of the year at 3 positions over the last 3 years. He's an absolute must for the NYGs. Talk about versitility.
                  He is a very solid player. He has to play inside at the next level just not athletic enough to play tackle in he NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by L.T.56 View Post
                    it's clear alabama is the best team in the country. the game was already over at the start. i think oregon would have been a better opponent.
                    Yes of course. ND all but lost to Pitt! These rankings are crap. I can't wait for the playoffs.

Comment

Chance Warmack, Dee Milliner, Barett Jones, D. J. Fluker

any would be good pick

Comment

Why?

Wow you are truely just not with it.....notre dame had a fluff schedule and did not have to play a cenference champ game which is the hardest of the season for teams.....notre dame would get rocked hard by anyone in top 10

Comment

Nix beat the snot out of Jones all game.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                            Nix beat the snot out of Jones all game.
                            more like the second half once bama took the foot off the gas,,the entire ND defense was a no shown in the first,,they ran right at em, right up the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                              more like the second half once bama took the foot off the gas,,the entire ND defense was a no shown in the first,,they ran right at em, right up the middle.
                              No. Nix dominated Jones all game

Comment

Honestly, I'd be psyched if we got pretty much anyone on either side in the 1st, save for perhaps Fluker in the 2nd. The 'Bama O-line is amazing; we all know secondary depth is still an issue; and I think Te'o is still the best 4-3 LB in the class.

Comment

Working...
                                X