New Threat to Giants Draft.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jahh View Post
    Claiborne and Carr are not zone corners and there is no way they are going to target corners early in the draft. They just invested the farm in those two guys.
    Their definitely not cover corners. and carr is not good at press man. so that kind of screws them going from a 3-4 to a 4-3. And crazier situations have happened in the draft nothing is out of the ordinary when it comes to that.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep80 View Post
      That's still unclear. He could be trade bait (ala Herschel Walker) but I don't think it'd be to hard for him to transition. but they'd still need another end because Spencer is a FA.
      I live in DFW now, was listening to the radio this morning and apparently Kiffin loves Spencer and they are now in talks to lock him up to play him at DE

Comment

Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
        Their definitely not cover corners. and carr is not good at press man. so that kind of screws them going from a 3-4 to a 4-3. And crazier situations have happened in the draft nothing is out of the ordinary when it comes to that.
        Carr and Claiborne are both press cover corners, what r u talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post
          Carr and Claiborne are both press cover corners, what r u talking about?
          Okay let me put it this way. Nothing that I saw out of carr this year tell me he is a great press man cover corner. Claiborne still has a lot of maturing to do as a player and was not all that effective in press man or off man as well. Playing in the NFC where the receivers are mostly more physical than the AFC the cowboys switching to a 4-3 scheme would have more secondary problems than front line defensive issues.
          Last edited by rainierjef; 01-14-2013, 11:58 AM.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
          @Katdaddyjay 17h
          @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
          http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
            Okay let me put it this way. Nothing that I saw out of carr this year tell me he is a great press man cover corner. Claiborne still has a lot of maturing to do as a player and was not all that effective in press man or off man as well. Playing in the NFC where the receivers are mostly more physical than the AFC the cowboys switching to a 4-3 scheme would have more secondary problems than front line defensive issues.
            No way their corners are the strength of their team even if they aren't zone corners necessarily. Dware with his hand in the dirt after years of standing up? Same for spencer. Plus the lbs have to adjust also and if Sean lee plays inside he will have to handle the middle without as much help in a 4-3.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: mlerm17
            Follow me on Twitter @mlerm17

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep80 View Post
              With the Dallas Cowboys hiring Kiffin as their new DC they'll be switching to a 4-3 and their missing a couple pieces to their D. a DT and another DE. That means their just as much in the market for Ansah, Okafor, Hankins, and any other D-line prospect as we are. We cou;d have the guy we want snatched up right in front of us!!
              good,,then maybe a good corner or LB falls to us.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                so is Ware a DE now..??
                Yes. He plays with his hand in the dirt anyway so the transition won't be tough for him.

And I could definitely see Dallas snatching at Okafor or Ansah early on if there is a run on DEs.

I'm hoping they aim for Montgomery instead.
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Working...
                X