Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

East/West Shrine Game Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • East/West Shrine Game Thread

    Today, practice for the shrine game begins.. Its the first in many draft stock raising/dropping events heading toward the draft in late april.. Here we can talk about the players in this game, as practices all wk will be under a microscope, helping raise and drop stocks from some of these guys..


    Heres the rosters..




    Print roster Updated 1/13/2013
    OFFENSE
    # Pos. Last name First name School H W
    78 OL Armstead Terron Arkansas-Pine Bluff 6'5" 310
    80 WR Blake Emory Auburn 6'2" 195
    11 QB Cameron Colby Louisiana Tech 6'2" 205
    15 WR Davis Marcus Virginia Tech 6'4" 225
    64 OL Devey Jordan Memphis 6'6" 305
    76 OL Dill R.J. Rutgers 6'6" 315
    83 WR Fuller Corey Virginia Tech 6'3" 195
    12 RB Graham Ray Pittsburgh 5'10" 190
    18 RB Harris Montel Temple 5'9" 208
    73 OL Heikkinen Garth MinnesotDuluth 6'2-1/2" 305
    88 WR Highsmith Erik North Carolina 6'3" 195
    74 OL Jackson Mark Glenville State 6'6" 330
    10 TE Jefferson D.C. Rutgers 6'6" 250
    55 OL Johnson T.J. South Carolina 6'5" 315
    7 QB Klein Collin Kansas St. 6'5" 226
    58 OL Kush Eric California (PA) 6'4" 299
    44 TE Pantale Chris Boston College 6'6" 255
    97 TE Reed Lucas New Mexico 6'6" 255
    59 OL Sewell Matt McMaster U. 6'8" 345
    85 WR Smith Rodney Florida State 6'6" 219
    72 OL Speller Nick; Massachusetts 6'5" 290
    2 RB Stacy Zac Vanderbilt 5'9" 214
    54 OL Stankiewitch Matt Penn State 6'3" 303
    13 QB Stanley Nathan Southeastern La. 6'5" 215
    8 WR Steelman Trent Army 6' 210
    17 K Sturgis Caleb Florida 5'11" 190
    86 WR Turner Brandon Navy 6'4" 225
    70 OL Watford Earl James Madison 6'4" 295
    DEFENSE
    # Pos. Last name First name School H W
    36 LB Barrington Sam South Florida 6'2" 238
    91 DL Bass David Missouri West. St. 6'4" 260
    30 SAF Bishop Brandan North Carolina St. 6'2" 205
    14 P Breeding Dylan Arkansas 6'1" 215
    29 CB Brewer Xavier Clemson 5'11" 190
    77 DL Catapano Mike Princeton 6'4" 270
    93 DL Cross Izaan Georgia Tech 6'4" 300
    52 LB Evans Matt New Hampshire 6' 230
    24 SAF Evans Josh Florida 6'1" 199
    96 DL Francis A.J. Maryland 6'5" 315
    31 SAF Hall Rashard Clemson 6'2" 210
    42 LB Hodges Gerald Penn State 6'2" 251
    28 CB Johnson Josh Purdue 5'11" 195
    4 LB McCabe Robert Georgetown 6'2" 234
    90 DL McCloud Anthony Florida State 6'2" 322
    21 CB McGee Brandon Miami (Fla.) 6' 197
    46 LB Moody Nick Florida St. 6'2" 237
    3 LB Moore Sio Connecticut 6 2" 229
    26 SAF Riley Kejuan Alabama St. 6'1" 208
    7 CB Smith Branden Georgia 5'11" 175
    22 CB Sweeting Rod Georgia Tech 6' 187
    98 DL Taylor Devin South Carolina 6'8" 267
    1 SAF Taylor Cooper Richmond 6'4" 230
    94 DL Vallone Scott Rutgers 6'3" 275
    92 DL Vellano Joe Maryland 6'2" 295
    6 CB Webster Kayvon South Florida 5'11" 196
    23 CB White Melvin La.-Lafayette 6'3" 191
    9 CB Wilson Trey Vanderbilt 5'11" 190
    27 SAF Wolff Earl North Carolina St. 6' 207

    WEST ROSTER

    Print roster Updated 1/13/2013
    OFFENSE
    # Pos. Last name First name School H W
    81 WR Amos Anthony Middle Tenn. St. 6' 185
    60 OL Baca Jeff UCLA 6'3" 295
    74 OL Brenner Sam Utah 6'4" 305
    75 OL Brown Braden Brigham Young 6'6" 300
    19 K Brown Zach Portland State 6'4" 210
    4 WR Buckner Dan Arizona 6'4" 211
    1 WR Bumphis Chad Mississippi State 5'11" 198
    14 QB Carder Alex Western Michigan 6'3" 225
    8 WR Collins Jasper Mt. Union 5'11" 190
    6 WR Davis Keenan Iowa 6'2" 215
    7 QB Doege Seth Texas Tech 6'1" 205
    50 OL Fabien Kirby Calgary 6'6" 305
    88 TE Fauria Joseph UCLA 6'7" 255
    53 OL Ferentz James Iowa 6'1" 288
    67 OL Foketi Manase W.Texas A&M 6'5" 325
    66 OL Foltz Blaize TCU 6'4" 315
    12 WR Goard Tyrone E. Kentucky 6'4" 196
    72 OL Hawkinson Tanner Kansas 6'5-1/2" 300
    44 TE Hill Josh Idaho State 6'5" 229
    48 RB Line Zach S. Methodist 6'1" 230
    33 RB Michael Christine Texas A&M 5'11" 220
    68 OL O'Neill Dann W. Michigan 6'8" 305
    52 OL Robiskie Andrew W. Illinois 6'2" 302
    10 QB Scott Matt Arizona 6'3" 208
    84 TE Sudfeld Zach Nevada 6'7" 255
    56 OL Turnley Ryan Pittsburgh 6'6" 313
    25 RB Williams Kerwynn Utah State 5'8-1/4" 191
    DEFENSE
    # Pos. Last name First name School H W
    15 SAF Addae Jahleel Central Michigan 5'11" 200
    97 DL Boyd Josh Mississippi State 6'3" 300
    73 DL Campbell William Michigan 6'5" 310
    16 SAF Davis Cody Texas Tech 6'2" 205
    54 LB Greer Steve Virginia 6'2" 230
    31 CB Hawthorne Terry Illinois 6'1" 193
    3 CB Hester Aaron UCLA 6'2" 195
    28 LB Holloman DeVonte S. Carolina 6'2" 240
    95 DL Horton Wes USC 6'2" 237
    49 P Hubner Josh Arizona State 6'4" 238
    9 CB Hurst Demontre Oklahoma 5'10" 183
    18 CB Hyde Micah Iowa 6'1" 190
    11 SAF Johnson Keelan Arizona State 6'1" 207
    43 DL Johnson Travis San Jose State 6'2" 245
    47 LB Klein A.J. Iowa State 6'2" 244
    94 DL Lohr Rob Vanderbilt 6'4" 290
    24 CB Malone Nigel Kansas State 5'10" 180
    20 SAF McDougald Bradley Kansas 6'1" 210
    26 SAF Motta Zeke Notre Dame 6'3" 215
    83 DL Pericak Will Colorado 6'4" 295
    13 LB Pough Keith Howard 6'3" 238
    22 CB Price Sheldon UCLA 6'2" 180
    51 LB Rosette Albert Nevada 6'2" 240
    45 DL Schreibeis Caleb Montana State 6'3" 252
    29 SAF Thomas Shamarko Syracuse 5'10" 208
    96 DL Thurmond Brandon Arkansas-Pine Bluff 6'2" 260
    42 LB Williams Nathan Ohio State 6'3" 249
    5 SAF Williams Duke Nevada 6' 200
    2 CB Wooten Khalid Nevada 5'11" 200
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 01-14-2013, 10:52 AM.

  • #2
    Alot of sleepers i really like in this game.. Devonte Holloman OLB/S S.Carolina, Khalid Wooten CB Nevada, Kerwynn Williams RB Utah St, Blaize Foltz G TCU, Earl Watford G James Madison, Mark Jackson OT Glenville St, Zac Stacy RB Vanderbilt, Tanner Hawkinson OT Kansas, Steve Greer LB Virginia, Josh Boyd DT Miss St, Rod Sweeting CB Ga Tech, and Jahleel Addae S C.Michigan, Earl Wolff S NC State...

    A couple guys i'm intrested in but there not really sleepers to me, like Hodges, Fauria, D.Williams, Matt Scott, and a few others...

    A couple guys i know nothing about i want to see are Jasper Collins WR Mount Union, Matt Catapano DE Princeton, and David Bass DE Missouri West St...

    Gonna be a fun wk!

    Comment


    • #3
      Eric Galko ‏@OptimumScouting
      DC Jefferson another nice catch in the midfield. Best TE easily here so far.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
        Today, practice for the shrine game begins.. Its the first in many draft stock raising/dropping events heading toward the draft in late april.. Here we can talk about the players in this game, as practices all wk will be under a microscope, helping raise and drop stocks from some of these guys..


        Heres the rosters..




        Print roster Updated 1/13/2013
        OFFENSE
        # Pos. Last name First name School H W
        78 OL Armstead Terron Arkansas-Pine Bluff 6'5" 310
        80 WR Blake Emory Auburn 6'2" 195
        11 QB Cameron Colby Louisiana Tech 6'2" 205
        15 WR Davis Marcus Virginia Tech 6'4" 225
        64 OL Devey Jordan Memphis 6'6" 305
        76 OL Dill R.J. Rutgers 6'6" 315
        83 WR Fuller Corey Virginia Tech 6'3" 195
        12 RB Graham Ray Pittsburgh 5'10" 190
        18 RB Harris Montel Temple 5'9" 208
        73 OL Heikkinen Garth MinnesotDuluth 6'2-1/2" 305
        88 WR Highsmith Erik North Carolina 6'3" 195
        74 OL Jackson Mark Glenville State 6'6" 330
        10 TE Jefferson D.C. Rutgers 6'6" 250
        55 OL Johnson T.J. South Carolina 6'5" 315
        7 QB Klein Collin Kansas St. 6'5" 226
        58 OL Kush Eric California (PA) 6'4" 299
        44 TE Pantale Chris Boston College 6'6" 255
        97 TE Reed Lucas New Mexico 6'6" 255
        59 OL Sewell Matt McMaster U. 6'8" 345
        85 WR Smith Rodney Florida State 6'6" 219
        72 OL Speller Nick; Massachusetts 6'5" 290
        2 RB Stacy Zac Vanderbilt 5'9" 214
        54 OL Stankiewitch Matt Penn State 6'3" 303
        13 QB Stanley Nathan Southeastern La. 6'5" 215
        8 WR Steelman Trent Army 6' 210
        17 K Sturgis Caleb Florida 5'11" 190
        86 WR Turner Brandon Navy 6'4" 225
        70 OL Watford Earl James Madison 6'4" 295
        DEFENSE
        # Pos. Last name First name School H W
        36 LB Barrington Sam South Florida 6'2" 238
        91 DL Bass David Missouri West. St. 6'4" 260
        30 SAF Bishop Brandan North Carolina St. 6'2" 205
        14 P Breeding Dylan Arkansas 6'1" 215
        29 CB Brewer Xavier Clemson 5'11" 190
        77 DL Catapano Mike Princeton 6'4" 270
        93 DL Cross Izaan Georgia Tech 6'4" 300
        52 LB Evans Matt New Hampshire 6' 230
        24 SAF Evans Josh Florida 6'1" 199
        96 DL Francis A.J. Maryland 6'5" 315
        31 SAF Hall Rashard Clemson 6'2" 210
        42 LB Hodges Gerald Penn State 6'2" 251
        28 CB Johnson Josh Purdue 5'11" 195
        4 LB McCabe Robert Georgetown 6'2" 234
        90 DL McCloud Anthony Florida State 6'2" 322
        21 CB McGee Brandon Miami (Fla.) 6' 197
        46 LB Moody Nick Florida St. 6'2" 237
        3 LB Moore Sio Connecticut 6 2" 229
        26 SAF Riley Kejuan Alabama St. 6'1" 208
        7 CB Smith Branden Georgia 5'11" 175
        22 CB Sweeting Rod Georgia Tech 6' 187
        98 DL Taylor Devin South Carolina 6'8" 267
        1 SAF Taylor Cooper Richmond 6'4" 230
        94 DL Vallone Scott Rutgers 6'3" 275
        92 DL Vellano Joe Maryland 6'2" 295
        6 CB Webster Kayvon South Florida 5'11" 196
        23 CB White Melvin La.-Lafayette 6'3" 191
        9 CB Wilson Trey Vanderbilt 5'11" 190
        27 SAF Wolff Earl North Carolina St. 6' 207

        WEST ROSTER

        Print roster Updated 1/13/2013
        OFFENSE
        # Pos. Last name First name School H W
        81 WR Amos Anthony Middle Tenn. St. 6' 185
        60 OL Baca Jeff UCLA 6'3" 295
        74 OL Brenner Sam Utah 6'4" 305
        75 OL Brown Braden Brigham Young 6'6" 300
        19 K Brown Zach Portland State 6'4" 210
        4 WR Buckner Dan Arizona 6'4" 211
        1 WR Bumphis Chad Mississippi State 5'11" 198
        14 QB Carder Alex Western Michigan 6'3" 225
        8 WR Collins Jasper Mt. Union 5'11" 190
        6 WR Davis Keenan Iowa 6'2" 215
        7 QB Doege Seth Texas Tech 6'1" 205
        50 OL Fabien Kirby Calgary 6'6" 305
        88 TE Fauria Joseph UCLA 6'7" 255
        53 OL Ferentz James Iowa 6'1" 288
        67 OL Foketi Manase W.Texas A&M 6'5" 325
        66 OL Foltz Blaize TCU 6'4" 315
        12 WR Goard Tyrone E. Kentucky 6'4" 196
        72 OL Hawkinson Tanner Kansas 6'5-1/2" 300
        44 TE Hill Josh Idaho State 6'5" 229
        48 RB Line Zach S. Methodist 6'1" 230
        33 RB Michael Christine Texas A&M 5'11" 220
        68 OL O'Neill Dann W. Michigan 6'8" 305
        52 OL Robiskie Andrew W. Illinois 6'2" 302
        10 QB Scott Matt Arizona 6'3" 208
        84 TE Sudfeld Zach Nevada 6'7" 255
        56 OL Turnley Ryan Pittsburgh 6'6" 313
        25 RB Williams Kerwynn Utah State 5'8-1/4" 191
        DEFENSE
        # Pos. Last name First name School H W
        15 SAF Addae Jahleel Central Michigan 5'11" 200
        97 DL Boyd Josh Mississippi State 6'3" 300
        73 DL Campbell William Michigan 6'5" 310
        16 SAF Davis Cody Texas Tech 6'2" 205
        54 LB Greer Steve Virginia 6'2" 230
        31 CB Hawthorne Terry Illinois 6'1" 193
        3 CB Hester Aaron UCLA 6'2" 195
        28 LB Holloman DeVonte S. Carolina 6'2" 240
        95 DL Horton Wes USC 6'2" 237
        49 P Hubner Josh Arizona State 6'4" 238
        9 CB Hurst Demontre Oklahoma 5'10" 183
        18 CB Hyde Micah Iowa 6'1" 190
        11 SAF Johnson Keelan Arizona State 6'1" 207
        43 DL Johnson Travis San Jose State 6'2" 245
        47 LB Klein A.J. Iowa State 6'2" 244
        94 DL Lohr Rob Vanderbilt 6'4" 290
        24 CB Malone Nigel Kansas State 5'10" 180
        20 SAF McDougald Bradley Kansas 6'1" 210
        26 SAF Motta Zeke Notre Dame 6'3" 215
        83 DL Pericak Will Colorado 6'4" 295
        13 LB Pough Keith Howard 6'3" 238
        22 CB Price Sheldon UCLA 6'2" 180
        51 LB Rosette Albert Nevada 6'2" 240
        45 DL Schreibeis Caleb Montana State 6'3" 252
        29 SAF Thomas Shamarko Syracuse 5'10" 208
        96 DL Thurmond Brandon Arkansas-Pine Bluff 6'2" 260
        42 LB Williams Nathan Ohio State 6'3" 249
        5 SAF Williams Duke Nevada 6' 200
        2 CB Wooten Khalid Nevada 5'11" 200

        who do you think we are looking at off this list?

        Comment


        • #5
          Sio Moore and Ray Graham also impressed from what i've read.. Colin Klein and Marcus Davis did not, from what i've read...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
            who do you think we are looking at off this list?
            Its impossible to tell? Thers so many players and we need help at so many positons, and not to mention, guys we have intrest in, could easily go to other teams, without us ever knowing we had interest..etc

            Comment


            • #7
              A guy i love as a Sleeper and have mentioned since September(Bluesanta likes em as well) Earl Wolff S NC State had 2 INT's in the 1st practice of the wk.. THis guys a leader, has solid size, moves well enough, and just strikes me as a guy whos a football player and gonna make a team better for having em.. I like Wolff to go in the 5th-7th range..

              Comment


              • #8
                Heres another practice report, this time from Dane Brugler of CBSSPORTS.. He said JASPER COLLINS WR MT UNION was on point, as well as a small schooler from HOWARD, LB KEITH POUGH.. All reports i've read, raved about PENN ST LB GERALD HODGES, whos clearly the best player at the Shrine game, all together...


                2013 NFL Draft: Shrine Game -- Monday practice report
                By Dane Brugler | NFLDraftScout.com Senior Analyst
                January 14, 2013 7:12 pm ET ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- For some non-FBS prospects, the toughest part of the draft process can be shedding the dreaded "small school" label. And one way to do that is in these pre-draft all-star games when they're pitted against players from the SEC, Big Ten and other "power" conferences.

                On the first day of practice for this year's Shrine game on Monday, several small-schoolers stood out and proved they belong on the same field as many of the FBS prospects.

                He's not the fastest or the biggest at his position, but Mount Union wide receiver Jasper Collins (West Team) might be the most polished receiver in St. Petersburg this week. As the only Division-III prospect invited to the 88th annual Shrine Game, he hasn't seen the top competition that he will match up against in practice, but through the first day he certainly didn't appear out of place.

                Collins was smooth in his routes, showing good foot quickness and burst out of his breaks to keep the defender off-balance. He also did a nice job setting up his patterns with excellent conviction and patience, which was evident on a stop-and-go route that he used to lure the cornerback toward him before he burst downfield to catch a 40-yard pass. Collins showed good hands and also received punts at the end of practice. (He had three punt returns for touchdowns in college).

                Collins is currently rated as a fringe draftable prospect or possible priority free agent but could significantly help his stock this week.

                The most talkative award goes to Howard outside linebacker Keith Pough (West Team), who was barking all practice -- not only at himself but also his teammates. While some view this as a negative, the coaching staff of the West squad appeared to encourage it, loving the energy he was showing while pushing those around him.

                Along with his gift for gab, Pough is also a very talented football player. He stood out during the linebacker drills as the best athlete of the group with excellent flexibility and agility for the position. Pough was the only linebacker during drills who didn't need reminding to "stay low" during blocking drills. He does have a few bad habits with lowering his head and keeping his eyes in the wrong place, but he is definitely a defensive prospect worth watching due to his athleticism and competitive nature.

                During the East practice session, the top small-schooler that stood out was Richmond safety Cooper Taylor. His size is impressive for the position, as you rarely see a 6-4, 230-pound safety roam the back half of the field. But his athleticism was also better than expected, flowing well to the action and breaking down on the move.

                He showed good footwork in drills and drew some praise from the coaching staff for his closing quickness on plays in front of him. A Georgia Tech transfer, Taylor is starting to create a little bit of buzz among the scouts and NFL representatives in attendance this week.

                Practice notes:

                In my Shrine Game defensive preview, I predicted Penn State outside linebacker Gerald Hodges might be the highest drafted player from this week. After one practice, I'm standing by that. Without full pads, almost all the drills were limited contact, but that didn't stop Hodges from seeking out the ballcarrier and tackling him with pop. Since he was snubbed from the Senior Bowl, some thought he might not take this week as seriously, but so far, that couldn't be further from the truth.


                Louisiana Tech quarterback Colby Cameron doesn't have nearly the height or arm strength as the other quarterbacks on the East squad, but he didn't look short next to Collin Klein or Nathan Stanley, who both stand at least 6-5. With his compact delivery, Cameron fired passes all over the field, especially showing zip and velocity on out-routes. Cameron is more of a touch passer, but through one practice he didn't look out of place with the big size, big-armed quarterbacks.


                Illinois cornerback Terry Hawthorne didn't have quite the senior season many expected, but his draft stock could be on the upswing this week, especially after a strong first day of practice. He showed a fluid backpedal and swivel hips while staying low in his transition, something that isn't easy for most cornerbacks over six-feet tall. Hawthorne has the footwork to quickly adjust, and he flashed the physical nature needed to play the position at the next level.


                UCLA tight end Joseph Fauria was forced to leave the field during the early portion of the West's practice due to an injury. He was stretching his groin on the sideline and the trainers mentioned it to be a "hip issue." No word on the seriousness of the injury or whether Fauria will be back on the field this week.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I wonder if the Giants will bring in DC Jefferson to work out.He seems like a guy they might be interested in plus he wont count against the visits. I can see Mark Harrision and Jamison the RB as well. Harrision looks like a sleeper ,physically 1 of the most impressive WR's in the entire draft.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    A.J. Francis.

                    Kind of a sleeper pick for a 4-3 DT. He's being billed as a 3-4 NT but he doesn't have the chops for it.

                    I could see the Giants throwing a 5th ot s 6th at this guy if he sparks at all.
                    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                      I wonder if the Giants will bring in DC Jefferson to work out.He seems like a guy they might be interested in plus he wont count against the visits. I can see Mark Harrision and Jamison the RB as well. Harrision looks like a sleeper ,physically 1 of the most impressive WR's in the entire draft.
                      Ya, i could see Logan Ryan and Khaseem Greene as well.. I like Jefferson, as i've said before, i think he'll be a better pro then college player, and it does make sense, seeing how we need the help at TE and hes a local kid who won't count against the visits..

                      On top of being local kids, most of the Rutgers players worth looking at, are positons of need, so i think we'll be looking at a heap of em before said and done.. Greene, Jefferson, Jamison, Harrison(we might lose Hix and Barden)..etc

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                        I wonder if the Giants will bring in DC Jefferson to work out.He seems like a guy they might be interested in plus he wont count against the visits. I can see Mark Harrision and Jamison the RB as well. Harrision looks like a sleeper ,physically 1 of the most impressive WR's in the entire draft.
                        Agree. Jefferson never really had a great QB throwing to him and he also just switched to TE in college. He was recruited as a QB. Harrison has been under the radar for a long time. He wasn't heavily recruited and also never had a really good QB throwing o him. He has great size and speed.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I also heard that another sleeper of mind Rod Sweeting CB Ga Tech looked good as well yeseterday...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Walt Footballs day 2 Report has Demontre Hurst and Terry Hawthorne as big time players for today... Hurst was real good, i guess... Willliam Campbell DT Michigan had a brilliant day, and Blaize Foltz G TCU had one of the better days for Olineman.. Foltz is one of my fave mid rd lineman...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Sources told walterfootball, whos at the shrine game practices, that NEW ORLEANS SAINTS have taking a big liking to Blaize Foltz G TCU..

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X