Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

alec ogeltree vs. manti te'o vs. kasheem greene vs. arthur brown,jr.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
    Hence the MIKE has to cover more ground.

Urlacher is a much better LB than Briggs (over the course of their careers) and is much more integral to the Bears defense.

Chad Greenway is a SAM and I'm not sure you can make the case that he's better than E.J. Henderson was for that team at this point. E.J. Henderson certainly meant more to the Vikings than Greenway did.

Cato June currently plays SAM as well (transitioned two years ago when he went to Tampa).

And having a good WILL (or better WILL than MIKE) is not an indication of priority, but rather how your personnel choices worked out.

I meant compared to Ogletree. All things being equal, who would you rather have at WILL ... the 6'3 guy or the 6'1 guy?

Not sure he could play SAM. As you've pointed out, he's not strong enough at the point of attack. And nowhere do I see him listed larger than 225 lb (was 220 when drafted, and 215 throughout most of his college career).

And while I like Arthur Brown on tape, odds are that he's not the next Derrick Brooks.

Keep in mind that I like both Brown and Ogletree. I just think Ogletree translates better than Brown and fills a potential need more. Having said that, I thought Vontaze Burfict was going to be garbage and look how he's turning out. So I readily admit to being awful at judging college talent in translation.
    Ya, chances are hes more Jordan Dizon then he is Derrick Brooks...lol Nah, i really like Arthur Brown alot, but not when compared to Khaseem Greene and Alec Ogletree, or even Kevin Minter for thart matter..

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
      Hence the MIKE has to cover more ground.
      But isnt the more important player. Just has to be able to drop deep.

Urlacher is a much better LB than Briggs (over the course of their careers) and is much more integral to the Bears defense.
      Not really, they are comparable at the minimum. 7x probowl is pretty damn good.

Chad Greenway is a SAM and I'm not sure you can make the case that he's better than E.J. Henderson was for that team at this point. E.J. Henderson certainly meant more to the Vikings than Greenway did.

Cato June currently plays SAM as well (transitioned two years ago when he went to Tampa).

And having a good WILL (or better WILL than MIKE) is not an indication of priority, but rather how your personnel choices worked out.
      They were all Weakside backers. Some teams flip the names, and a lot of teams their OLBs play both sides.

I meant compared to Ogletree. All things being equal, who would you rather have at WILL ... the 6'3 guy or the 6'1 guy?
      Everything isnt equal. They are very different players. Brown is far more physical. And at weakside I dont care much if a guy is 6'1 or 6'3.

Not sure he could play SAM. As you've pointed out, he's not strong enough at the point of attack. And nowhere do I see him listed larger than 225 lb (was 220 when drafted, and 215 throughout most of his college career).
      https://twitter.com/RVacchianoNYDN/s...52899025821696

And while I like Arthur Brown on tape, odds are that he's not the next Derrick Brooks.
      Never said he would be. I was comparing physical size. There are a LOT of really good linebackers in the NFL who in the 6'1 235 range. Bowman- 6'0 and 240. Willis 6'1 240. Even Ray Lewis is 6'1 240. And if we are going to have an argument about Brown gaining like 5 pounds, thats not exactly significant.

Keep in mind that I like both Brown and Ogletree. I just think Ogletree translates better than Brown and fills a potential need more.
      I think Ogletree is a projection. He is not physical enough or good enough with his hands to be a middle linebacker right now. Is that a skill he will acquire quickly with coaching? Im not so sure it is. Im not sure its a skill he could ever acquire at all.

Brown is much more of a finished product. He still obviously has tons to learn, but he could step in week 1 and be an effective player.
      Last edited by slipknottin; 01-17-2013, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSabbath View Post
        A guy to keep an eye on a little later in the draft is Nico Johnson. 5* out of high school and had a solid but quiet career at Alabama (freshman All SEC). His biggest problems were the amount of talent surrounding him. I'm not convinced a guy like Minter would be that much better than Johnson and you could get him later. At Alabama he was more of a run stopping linebacker, while Mosley was more of a passing down LB but he still moves REALLY well for his size and rarely gets knocked back. Another guy I'd be REALLY happy to land.

junior highlights:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJBTRPyY5lw
        +1 You hit that nail on the head!

Comment

What round is Brown being projected at now?

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
            What round is Brown being projected at now?
            this is one guy Ive seen all over the place 1st, 2nd & 3rd.. I'd say 2nd

Comment

Ur right everything isn't equal, Ogletree makes more plays, is more athletic, is inovled in more plays and will be more of a diffrence maker, which is what u want from ur early rd players. Not to mention, Ogletrees potential is through the roof, and hes all ready really good.. If its even close, the fact that Ogletree has seamlessly moved to LB and has little expierence there and is all ready very good, with high potential, is the deal breaker..

U gotta be the only one slip who would debate Ogletree and Brown.. Ogletree is all ready a 1st rd talent as a jr, and would probably only have his stock grow if he went back to school, adn Brown is a 2nd rd, possibly early 3rd rd prospect as a SR...

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                this is one guy Ive seen all over the place 1st, 2nd & 3rd.. I'd say 2nd
                1st? Where have u seen Arthur Brown as a 1st rd prospect? I've seen em 2nd and early 3rd.. Hes a 2nd rd guy, who isn't going in RD1... Ogletrees a 1st rd guy , whos stock gonna fly when he goes to the combine...

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                  1st? Where have u seen Arthur Brown as a 1st rd prospect? I've seen em 2nd and early 3rd.. Hes a 2nd rd guy, who isn't going in RD1... Ogletrees a 1st rd guy , whos stock gonna fly when he goes to the combine...
                  dont remember.. but I have seen Brown before at the end of the 1st..

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                    Ur right everything isn't equal, Ogletree makes more plays, is more athletic, is inovled in more plays and will be more of a diffrence maker, which is what u want from ur early rd players. Not to mention, Ogletrees potential is through the roof, and hes all ready really good.. If its even close, the fact that Ogletree has seamlessly moved to LB and has little expierence there and is all ready very good, with high potential, is the deal breaker..

U gotta be the only one slip who would debate Ogletree and Brown.. Ogletree is all ready a 1st rd talent as a jr, and would probably only have his stock grow if he went back to school, adn Brown is a 2nd rd, possibly early 3rd rd prospect as a SR...
                    It just amuses me that you get so attached to these prospects that you can never find a fault with them.

Ogletree is a shoe in for the hall of fame, clearly, by your comments. He does everything incredibly well, shedding blocks and using his hands is totally unimportant, and by the time of the combine he will be better than Ray Lewis.

Dont be surprised if Ogletree doesnt go in the first. It wouldnt surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                      dont remember.. but I have seen Brown before at the end of the 1st..
                      Yea, Brown is a late 1st to mid 2nd. Somewhere in that range. Same range for Ogletree, and probably Te'o now too.

Greene is another one in that range.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                        It just amuses me that you get so attached to these prospects that you can never find a fault with them.

Ogletree is a shoe in for the hall of fame, clearly, by your comments. He does everything incredibly well, shedding blocks and using his hands is totally unimportant, and by the time of the combine he will be better than Ray Lewis.

I agree...people always overrate guys every year & then have to nerve to talk about us taking a 1st/2nd round talent in like the 4th round....but anyways, I know one things forsure,after the 2nd round the LB talent drops....gMen have to make that move this draft

Comment

The giants need to get quicker at lb with the style of offenses that NFC east is going too. Ogeltree and green for me now that Kelly is in Philly. Minter and Johnson in high on but coverage may be an issue. Old school type w minter/Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post

Ogletrees going in the 1st, and when he does, it'll be u backtracking that u like em and..etc ... And hes perdicted to go mostly in th 19-28 range, not late 1st - mid 2nd as u suggested... I'll gurantee he goes in the first.. The only one i was wrong on a gurantee was Akeem Ayers, who has ended up being a really productive all around player for the titans...

And no, this has nothing to do with finding faults, but simply comparing Ogletree to Arthur Brown.. A shoe in for the HOF becuase i said hes better prospect then Arthur Brown??lol He is! THis is football man, u act like all these LB's aren't physical players.. Its not a sport u can sit around and not get dirty and have to make physical plays all the time.. All u can do, is go to he dosen't get off blocks from Olineman that well, like Arthur Brown blows through Offensivelineman left and right or something? The bottom line is Ogletree makes more plays, has more upside, makes hard hits almost every game, can stop a runner at the goalline by himself, is good in coverge, has some versatility, and has a frame to add plenty more weight and keep his athletiscim..

Its just sometimes, u seem to like to make the debate about "wow, look what i said" , more so then its pretty clear as day.. Whenever people see something more clear as day, u pretty much chime in with there wrong... Ogletree is a much more touted prospect then Arthur Brown is, and to be honest, i'll be surprised if Arthur Brown goes before the end of RD 2.. Khaseem Greene will go before him, as will Ogletree, and proably Minter... And for good reason... Now, i love arthur brown, and if we get em, i'll be stoked, and i'm not gonna knock his game to try to make my point like you, as hes a good prospect no doubt, but Ogletree has done more in less time , and has more potential while all ready being really good.. Theres no denying that...
                            Last edited by nycsportzfan; 01-18-2013, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Heres a Quote from Mel Kiper who has Ogletree going to Tampa Bay in RD 1... He makes a good point, put Ogletree behind a formidable Dline, and hes gonna be insane..

He missed the first four games of 2012, but once Ogletree stepped onto the field for the Bulldogs, the defense was immediately better. If you saw Georgia and Alabama in the SEC championship game, perhaps no player made a bigger statement than Ogletree, who looked like the best player on the field that day (which says plenty). He covers the field from sideline to sideline, and I think could play anywhere at linebacker effectively. Line him up behind an emerging defensive line and next to Lavonte David and Mason Foster at linebacker, and this is an extremely formidable front seven for Greg Schiano.

Comment

Find me one mock thats got Arthur Brown going in RD1? And find me one thats got Alec Ogletree not going in RD1? Also, what do u thinks gonna happen when Combine comes and Ogletree light it up? U think his stocks gonna fall? Almost every one of these mocks has Greene, Ogletree, Minter, and Te'O all going before Arthur Brown.. I've looke at about 100mocks in the past several months, and never once did i see Brown going in RD1.. Also, i remember when Ogletree wasen't perdicted to go in RD1, and i said, man if this kid goes to teh draft, hes going in RD 1..

He compensates for not being teh best at getting around blocks, with speed, athletic ability , and range.. He also has great coverge ability with awesome length and room to pack on more weight....

Click here for my 2012 NFL Mock Draft Database and here for my 2013 NBA Mock Draft Database.

NFL Mock Draft Site Date No. 1 No. 2 No. 3 No. 4 No. 5
                                WalterFootball.com: Charlie Campbell's 2013 NFL Mock Draft 1/18 G.Smith S.Lotulelei D.Moore L.Joeckel B.Werner
                                Fanspeak: Willy 1/18 S.Lotulelei B.Werner J.Jones L.Joeckel D.Milliner
                                New Sport Draft: Maestro 1/18 S.Lotulelei J.Jones J.Hankins D.Milliner L.Joeckel
                                Draft Countdown 1/18 L.Joeckel J.Jones S.Lotulelei D.Moore D.Milliner
                                Expert Mock Draft 1/18 G.Smith D.Moore J.Jones L.Joeckel D.Milliner
                                Heff's Sports Blog: Adam 1/18 B.Werner D.Moore S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Milliner
                                New NFL Draft: Omar 1/18 G.Smith D.Moore S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel B.Werner
                                The Sports Hound 1/18 G.Smith S.Lotulelei D.Milliner J.Jones B.Werner
                                DraftCalc 1/18 G.Smith J.Jones M.Barkley L.Joeckel M.Te'o
                                B-Flo 360 1/18 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Moore
                                New NFL Draft: Jared 1/18 G.Smith S.Lotulelei D.Moore L.Joeckel D.Milliner
                                Draft Debacled: Zappa 1/17 L.Joeckel D.Moore S.Lotulelei G.Smith B.Werner
                                NFL's Future 1/17 G.Smith B.Werner D.Moore L.Joeckel D.Milliner
                                Draft Debacled: Buggsbunny 1/17 G.Smith D.Moore S.Lotulelei D.Jordan L.Joeckel
                                Guys NFL Draft Locker Room 1/17 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Moore
                                New NFL Draft: Hunter 1/17 L.Joeckel D.Moore S.Lotulelei G.Smith B.Werner
                                Next Era NFL 1/17 S.Lotulelei J.Jones B.Werner E.Fisher D.Milliner
                                Draft Utopia 1/17 G.Smith J.Jones D.Moore L.Joeckel B.Werner
                                New NFL Draft: Tyler 1/17 L.Joeckel D.Moore S.Lotulelei G.Smith B.Werner
                                Draft Tek: Consensus 1/17 G.Smith B.Werner D.Milliner S.Lotulelei D.Jordan
                                Buffalo Bills Draft: Eric 1/17 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel B.Werner
                                Eat, Drink and Sleep Football: Hanson's 2014 1/17 J.Clowney T.Bridgewater J.Matthews M.Lee T.Lewan
                                New NFL Draft: CJ 1/17 G.Smith D.Moore S.Richardson L.Joeckel D.Milliner
                                WalterFootball.com: 2013 NFL Mock Draft 1/16 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Moore
                                Draft Season: Lomas 1/16 G.Smith D.Moore L.Joeckel T.Lewan B.Werner
                                ESPN.com: Kiper 1/16 L.Joeckel D.Moore S.Lotulelei D.Milliner J.Jones
                                Draft King 1/16 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei D.Moore B.Werner
                                Heff's Sports Blog: Jacob 1/16 L.Joeckel J.Jones S.Lotulelei D.Milliner B.Werner
                                College Sports Madness: Levine 1/16 L.Joeckel J.Jones B.Werner B.Jones S.Lotulelei
                                CBS: Rang 1/16 L.Joeckel S.Lotulelei J.Jones G.Smith B.Werner
                                Your NFL Draft 1/16 G.Smith D.Moore J.Jones L.Joeckel D.Milliner
                                NFL Trade Rumors 1/16 G.Smith D.Moore S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel B.Werner
                                Eat, Drink and Sleep Football: Hanson's 2013 1/16 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel B.Werner
                                Extra Point 1/16 G.Smith B.Werner D.Milliner S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel
                                CBS: Brugler 1/16 G.Smith B.Werner B.Mingo L.Joeckel D.Moore
                                New NFL Draft: Orinda 1/16 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel B.Werner
                                Draft Debacled: Burnham73 1/16 G.Smith J.Jones L.Joeckel D.Milliner D.Moore
                                Draft Debacled: Casey 1/15 L.Joeckel J.Jones S.Lotulelei D.Milliner B.Werner
                                The Sports Bank 1/15 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Milliner
                                Pro Football 4 Me 1/15 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Moore
                                My NFL Draft 1/15 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Moore
                                Matpolrak 2013 Mock 1/15 L.Joeckel S.Lotulelei D.Moore G.Smith B.Werner
                                New NFL Draft: Santos 1/15 L.Joeckel S.Lotulelei D.Milliner G.Smith B.Werner
                                NFL's Future: Profetta 1/15 G.Smith L.Joeckel D.Moore S.Lotulelei D.Milliner
                                NY Jets Draft: Alfieri 1/15 G.Smith S.Lotulelei T.Wilson L.Joeckel D.Milliner
                                New NFL Draft: Cal 1/15 L.Joeckel D.Moore G.Smith C.Warmack B.Werner
                                U-T San Diego 1/14 S.Lotulelei J.Jones B.Werner L.Joeckel D.Milliner
                                Fanspeak: Steve 1/14 G.Smith J.Jones B.Mingo L.Joeckel D.Milliner
                                Heff's Sports Blog: Matt 1/14 G.Smith D.Moore S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel B.Werner
                                Draft Debacled: Bball37 1/14 M.Glennon D.Moore S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel B.Werner
                                SB Nation: Kadar 1/14 G.Smith S.Lotulelei B.Werner L.Joeckel D.Moore
                                JTW Mock 1/14 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Moore
                                NFL Draft Chat 1/14 G.Smith S.Lotulelei J.Jones L.Joeckel D.Moore
                                Fan Sided: Sanchez 1/14 G.Smith B.Werner D.Moore L.Joeckel D.Milliner
                                NE Patriots Draft 1/14 G.Smith B.Mingo S.Richardson L.Joeckel D.Moore
                                Prospect Central 1/14 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Moore
                                NBA Draft Guru 1/14 L.Joeckel J.Jones S.Lotulelei G.Smith B.Werner
                                Sports Jabber 1/14 G.Smith J.Jones D.Moore L.Joeckel B.Werner
                                Draft Season: Onebar 1/14 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Moore
                                Side Lion Report: Snyder 1/14 G.Smith B.Werner S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Moore
                                New NFL Draft: Peter 1/14 M.Barkley S.Lotulelei M.Te'o D.Milliner X.Rhodes
                                Football Fan Spot 1/13 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Moore
                                Draft Debacled: ChaCha 1/13 G.Smith B.Werner D.Moore L.Joeckel D.Milliner
                                Pigskin Heaven: Smith 1/13 G.Smith B.Werner S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Milliner
                                Football Draft Analysis 1/13 L.Joeckel B.Werner S.Lotulelei G.Smith D.Moore
                                Eagles Mock 1/13 G.Smith D.Moore S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Milliner
                                Draft Debacled: Jellis121 1/13 G.Smith D.Moore M.Te'o L.Joeckel J.Jones
                                NFL Draft Geek 1/12 L.Joeckel J.Jones S.Lotulelei D.Milliner D.Moore
                                Scout the Seahawks 1/11 G.Smith B.Werner B.Mingo L.Joeckel D.Moore
                                The Saratogian 1/11 L.Joeckel J.Jones S.Lotulelei D.Milliner D.Moore
                                Draft Debacled: Kilo 1/11 L.Joeckel B.Werner S.Lotulelei D.Milliner D.Moore
                                NE Patriots Draft: Jones 1/10 G.Smith S.Lotulelei J.Jones D.Milliner B.Werner
                                NFL Pro Zach: The Professor 1/10 M.Glennon J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Moore
                                Draft Debacled: Dougula 1/10 G.Smith S.Lotulelei D.Moore L.Joeckel D.Milliner
                                Draft Debacled: Mr. Mock 1/10 L.Joeckel G.Smith S.Lotulelei D.Milliner D.Moore
                                Turfsharks 1/10 G.Smith D.Moore J.Jones L.Joeckel D.Milliner
                                Draft Site's 2014 1/10 J.Clowney T.Lewan T.Bridgewater D.Thomas M.Lee
                                NFL Draft Room 1/9 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Milliner
                                Side Lion Report: Shackelford 1/9 G.Smith J.Jones B.Werner L.Joeckel D.Milliner
                                Draft Debacled: Jawnyblaze 1/8 L.Joeckel S.Lotulelei M.Te'o D.Moore D.Milliner
                                Vikings Territory 1/8 G.Smith B.Werner M.Barkley L.Joeckel M.Te'o
                                Detroit Lions Draft: Risdon 1/8 G.Smith D.Moore B.Mingo D.Milliner D.Jordan
                                NE Patriots Draft: Hope 1/8 T.Wilson J.Jones M.Te'o L.Joeckel B.Werner
                                Draft Season: Ultimate 1/7 G.Smith J.Jones L.Joeckel M.Te'o B.Werner
                                Fan Sided: Hill 1/7 L.Joeckel D.Moore J.Jones T.Lewan B.Werner
                                Real Sports Hype's 2013 1/7

Comment

Working...
                                X