Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

alec ogeltree vs. manti te'o vs. kasheem greene vs. arthur brown,jr.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alec ogeltree vs. manti te'o vs. kasheem greene vs. arthur brown,jr.

I would love to see us walk away with one of these guys in the first round or 2..my hope is for Ogeltree but Greene is starting to grow on me. anybody have the skinny on Greene? opinions on the others? which fits what we do best? I also am a fan of andrew jackson, LB WKU, but he is going back for his senior season.
    Last edited by ELI_HOF_NYG; 01-17-2013, 01:54 AM.

• nycsportzfan
    replied
    Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Greene will excel as a pursuit/coverage linebacker..... he might be on the sideline in short yardage situations, but on 3rd and long, you're talking about the perfect linebacker for Fewell's system......he's a guy with the speed to blitz, cover, and defend the edge.

And given the new fad of read-option QBs, Greene has the speed to be one of the few LBs that can chase down fast QBs.

As a former safety, he's an excellent guy in coverage, too.....in fact, in short yardage, I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Greene on the field as an in-the-box safety.

Like I said, his biggest liability is going to be shaking off head-on blocks....but he's got the speed to hopefull avoid them.

He's going to be leaving the board somewhere in the late 2nd or early 3rd round, and he'd be a perfect fit to Fewell's Cover-2. He and JW would be bookends.

Wherever he lands, he's going to upgrade some team's defense....especially in today's pass-happy, read-option NFL.

I'd be thrilled if he went to the Giants....I haven't been this stoked for a Rutgers guy since Ray Rice.

Full disclosure: I'm a Rutgers Alumni, so there's some bias here.
    I"ve liked quite a few rutgers guys over the past several seasons, and Greene is up there on my list as well! Hes a beast! I love how hes always playing hard with those instincts and playmaking abiity.. I crave playmakers on this defense, becuase we have so very few, and haven't really had much outside the Dline in quite some time.. Greene will be all over the field picking up fumbles, causing them, making sacks, TFL, and being a high impact player the Defense despretley needs with charechter and energy...

Leave a comment:

• ELI_HOF_NYG
    replied
    greene is nice but ogeltree would be the real prize.

Leave a comment:

• joemorrisforprez
    replied
    Originally posted by Rkblitz56 View Post
    As a Rutgers fan who watched Greene every game, the guy is all over the field and brings energy to the field with his play. Greene will be very good NFL LB, and I would love to have him with the Giants. He certainly would give this defense a big boost in the arm.
    Agreed 100% (see my post above for details).

Leave a comment:

• joemorrisforprez
    replied
    Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
    wonder how far Te'o will slide now..??
    I might eat my words, but I want nothing to do with Te'o..... between that Alabama game, and the whole fake girlfriend thing, I see "Marvin Austin" written all over this kid.

Leave a comment:

• joemorrisforprez
    replied
    Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Not sure where Greene will play in the NFL.
    Greene will excel as a pursuit/coverage linebacker..... he might be on the sideline in short yardage situations, but on 3rd and long, you're talking about the perfect linebacker for Fewell's system......he's a guy with the speed to blitz, cover, and defend the edge.

And given the new fad of read-option QBs, Greene has the speed to be one of the few LBs that can chase down fast QBs.

As a former safety, he's an excellent guy in coverage, too.....in fact, in short yardage, I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Greene on the field as an in-the-box safety.

Like I said, his biggest liability is going to be shaking off head-on blocks....but he's got the speed to hopefull avoid them.

He's going to be leaving the board somewhere in the late 2nd or early 3rd round, and he'd be a perfect fit to Fewell's Cover-2. He and JW would be bookends.

Wherever he lands, he's going to upgrade some team's defense....especially in today's pass-happy, read-option NFL.

I'd be thrilled if he went to the Giants....I haven't been this stoked for a Rutgers guy since Ray Rice.

Full disclosure: I'm a Rutgers Alumni, so there's some bias here.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 01-21-2013, 02:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rkblitz56
    replied
    As a Rutgers fan who watched Greene every game, the guy is all over the field and brings energy to the field with his play. Greene will be very good NFL LB, and I would love to have him with the Giants. He certainly would give this defense a big boost in the arm.

Leave a comment:

• Redeyejedi
    replied
    "4. When there are LBs that are good at shedding blocks, you're gonna get a bunch of people saying they can't drop back into coverage and how that's what is most important."

Im not so sure thats the case. The trend especially in the NFC East looks to be heading in the direction of running attacks. The Redskins , and now Chip Kelly going to Philadelphia looks to me more like running teams that will attack off the Play action pass. SF ,Seattle a team on the rise is a running team as well. I think the landscape is shifting who is ahead and who is behind.

Leave a comment:

• Redeyejedi
    replied
    Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    is it wrong that I want ogeltree so badly? lol.
    No not at all I dont dislike him. He is an explosive playmaker just needs to improve against Olineman that could come with added bulk to his lower body especially. He has the most upside , He may be the 1st LB taken "Non pass rushing". Just because I point out something negative doesnt mean I dislike the player. I see faults with all of them
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-19-2013, 08:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ELI_HOF_NYG
    replied
    Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Yeah LB/Blitzer /3rd down DE role. He has closing speed can play the read option well. He probably wont make it to them but u never know
    is it wrong that I want ogeltree so badly? lol.

Leave a comment:

• Redeyejedi
    replied
    Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Yeah, he's returning to school. I guess he likes his chances better next year where he doesn't have to compete with the likes of Te'o hype. Redeye, weren't you the one who floated around the idea of Mingo coming to the Giants and converting to a 4-3 OLB? This team needs pass rushing help in the worst of ways and it would be nice if we could spread that threat out across the defense instead of just our DEs having that ability.
    Yeah LB/Blitzer /3rd down DE role. He has closing speed can play the read option well. He probably wont make it to them but u never know

Leave a comment:

• TheEnigma
    replied
    Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Jackson is a nice player but I dont think he declared .
    Yeah, he's returning to school. I guess he likes his chances better next year where he doesn't have to compete with the likes of Te'o hype. Redeye, weren't you the one who floated around the idea of Mingo coming to the Giants and converting to a 4-3 OLB? This team needs pass rushing help in the worst of ways and it would be nice if we could spread that threat out across the defense instead of just our DEs having that ability.

Leave a comment:

• ELI_HOF_NYG
    replied
    Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
    He's 6'1 and 265lbs?! Sounds like the guy is a fullback out there lmao. I'll give him a look after the 2013 draft probably and since I only hear great things about him, he goes on the personal radar. If we do go the mid round LBer route once more, I'd rather take a small 4-3 college DE type like Jamie Collins who I've been interested in as of late that has the athleticism to play in space and convert to a linebacker. The Kiwi experiment was good in theory and idea but he wasn't the right player for the job. Could you imagine if we had an outside linebacker who could pass rush, hold up to the run, and cover TEs/RBs out of the backfield?
    I caught him by mistake and have followed him since. great instincts,,BIG hitter.

Leave a comment:

• Redeyejedi
    replied
    Jackson is a nice player but I dont think he declared .

Leave a comment:

• TheEnigma
    replied
    Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    I agree about chase,,,check out andrew jackson some time when you are bored,,not coming out till next year but seems to be the real deal.
    He's 6'1 and 265lbs?! Sounds like the guy is a fullback out there lmao. I'll give him a look after the 2013 draft probably and since I only hear great things about him, he goes on the personal radar. If we do go the mid round LBer route once more, I'd rather take a small 4-3 college DE type like Jamie Collins who I've been interested in as of late that has the athleticism to play in space and convert to a linebacker. The Kiwi experiment was good in theory and idea but he wasn't the right player for the job. Could you imagine if we had an outside linebacker who could pass rush, hold up to the run, and cover TEs/RBs out of the backfield?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X