Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why not go LB the first 2 rounds? If possible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why not go LB the first 2 rounds? If possible

    If the looney TE'O is there and Rutgers/Elizabeth, NJ's own Khaseem Greene is there in the 2nd.... I say do it......

    LB core would be Greene/TE'O/Boley .... I know its 2 rookies...but we cant be any worse...Greene rotates with J-Will.....I always liked Chase but Herz will obviously be the backup MLB


    Lose Osi no problem...Move Kiwi back to his natural position and watch him thrive....

    then go O-Lineman ...Unless an O-lineman is BPA in the first..... then this whole idea is pointless lol

  • #2
    not a bad idea.. but it should be Ogletree in the 1st.. then Greene or Hodges

    Comment


    • #3
      Moving Kiwi doesnt solve anything with the pass rush. If the Giants are going to take 2 LB's I would hope 1 of them could be a 3rd down pass rusher and a very good blitzer

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
        Moving Kiwi doesnt solve anything with the pass rush. If the Giants are going to take 2 LB's I would hope 1 of them could be a 3rd down pass rusher and a very good blitzer
        ogeltree did some pass rushing as a DE. I dunno if Id like picking Ogeltree. Do u think hes gonna transition to a MLB in the NFL or OLB Redeye? Id be upset if we took him to be honest.

        Id rather OL/DL/Corner before LB ESPECIALLY 1 and 2 rds....

        Comment


        • #5
          i think ol is more important eli did not get sacked a lot but he saved there bacon by throwing the ball away when he was not getting hit but i do remember parcells drafting multiple oline in the first 3rounds when he first took over the jets so that strategy has been used before on aposition of need and i think they did alright with it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
            Moving Kiwi doesnt solve anything with the pass rush. If the Giants are going to take 2 LB's I would hope 1 of them could be a 3rd down pass rusher and a very good blitzer
            Greene has great blitz instincts and closing speed to get to the QB. 9.5 sacks the last two seasons as a starter.

            Comment


            • #7
              can Greene play the strong side..??

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by WiIdcat View Post
                Greene has great blitz instincts and closing speed to get to the QB. 9.5 sacks the last two seasons as a starter.
                I meant a guy that could play some 3rd down end

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                  ogeltree did some pass rushing as a DE. I dunno if Id like picking Ogeltree. Do u think hes gonna transition to a MLB in the NFL or OLB Redeye? Id be upset if we took him to be honest.

                  Id rather OL/DL/Corner before LB ESPECIALLY 1 and 2 rds....
                  Ogletree is probably one of those prospects who needs to go to the right team and the right conditioning/weightlifting program to become a star MLB. Blackburn could probably teach him some good things before he would take over the reigns in year 2. Actually sort of comes off as the "David Wilson" of this year's LB prospects. Has the most upside from an athletic perspective, extremely young, and needs additional coaching to become more instinctual at the position.

                  I'd still prefer another pass rusher in the 1st and if we do pickup a LB, I want someone like a Barkevious Mingo or Jamie Collins who could play the Sam and always present a threat as a pass rusher from the outside too.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                    ogeltree did some pass rushing as a DE. I dunno if Id like picking Ogeltree. Do u think hes gonna transition to a MLB in the NFL or OLB Redeye? Id be upset if we took him to be honest.

                    Id rather OL/DL/Corner before LB ESPECIALLY 1 and 2 rds....
                    Depends on where he ends up.If a team can keep him clean or doesnt mind giving up some against the run for increased athletic ability against the pass than he can play MLB right away. He can play outside anywhere for anybody.He needs to add some strength to his base until Id say he is a 4-3 MLB anywhere.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                      Ogletree is probably one of those prospects who needs to go to the right team and the right conditioning/weightlifting program to become a star MLB. Blackburn could probably teach him some good things before he would take over the reigns in year 2. Actually sort of comes off as the "David Wilson" of this year's LB prospects. Has the most upside from an athletic perspective, extremely young, and needs additional coaching to become more instinctual at the position.

                      I'd still prefer another pass rusher in the 1st and if we do pickup a LB, I want someone like a Barkevious Mingo or Jamie Collins who could play the Sam and always present a threat as a pass rusher from the outside too.
                      thanks enigma. thats basically what i said, that he physically didnt look the part of a nfl mlb, too lean and lanky imo. some poster like accosted me bc of that statement tho so I wasnt sure. but yeah thats why id be upset if we took him rd 1. we need some guys to make immediate impacts and ogeltree desnt strike me as that as a mlb.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                        Depends on where he ends up.If a team can keep him clean or doesnt mind giving up some against the run for increased athletic ability against the pass than he can play MLB right away. He can play outside anywhere for anybody.He needs to add some strength to his base until Id say he is a 4-3 MLB anywhere.
                        well then it would be moot bc with us, we wouldnt be able to keep him clean as a mlb esp with the dl as currently constituted. and we already have williams, boley, rivers, paysinger as olb players. hed be a nice new toy i just dunno i think we could improve the team better than ogeltree rd 1. rd 2 would be a diff story i guess

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                          thanks enigma. thats basically what i said, that he physically didnt look the part of a nfl mlb, too lean and lanky imo. some poster like accosted me bc of that statement tho so I wasnt sure. but yeah thats why id be upset if we took him rd 1. we need some guys to make immediate impacts and ogeltree desnt strike me as that as a mlb.
                          He actually looked really good against Alabama and even stronger than Te'o did when it came to 3rd and shorts and goal line stands too. He will just have issues against run heavy teams with his current weight until he adds around 10 more lbs. The few times he did struggle against Alabama it was his lack of lower body strength that didn't let him make the tackle.

                          Meh, I think the Giants are going to take their chances on Blackburn and Rivers again instead of a Day 1 LBer but who knows.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Robert Lester out of Alabama is a senior. Although not sure if he will go to early on the Board before we pick. Not sure where he stands in Mock drafts..


                            Just checked and he must be WAY down draft boards for some reason. Didnt see him through first 4 rounds of some mock drafts. He seemed like a solid LB on a champion defense
                            Last edited by miked1958; 01-20-2013, 02:20 PM.
                            Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                            # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                            1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                            ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              One Mock I looked at had us taking Tao. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-d...ail.comAnother had us taking Jordan
                              Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                              # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                              1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                              ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X