With The 19th Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Its not really being over shadowed its how he plays.
    He looks like a tweener to me. Someone who isnt Flexible or quick enough to play 4-3 DE and doesnt play with the base of a 3-4 end. It depends on the round for me.
    I agree hes kinda a tweener, but more on the side of 4/3, and is athletic and long enough to do many things on defense.. Also a player u might be able to slide inside on occasion ala tuck..

He looked to have much better speed then i thought in that shrine game the other day. Like i said, he chased down a RB(believe Michael?) from about 15yrds away .. He really closes the gap quickly with long strides and ability to lay out his long frame and make tackles sooner then a shorter person who would need another step or 2 to do so... Athletic enough to block punts and return picks in back to back seasons as well..

I'm telling ya Redeye, ur sleeping on Devin Taylor!!lol

Comment

Ogletree is still a second round prospect on most every draft board I've seen.

Okafor or Ansah for me (Ansah is tearing it up in the Senior Bowl so might not be available at #19).
      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
        I agree hes kinda a tweener, but more on the side of 4/3, and is athletic and long enough to do many things on defense.. Also a player u might be able to slide inside on occasion ala tuck..

He looked to have much better speed then i thought in that shrine game the other day. Like i said, he chased down a RB(believe Michael?) from about 15yrds away .. He really closes the gap quickly with long strides and ability to lay out his long frame and make tackles sooner then a shorter person who would need another step or 2 to do so... Athletic enough to block punts and return picks in back to back seasons as well..

I'm telling ya Redeye, ur sleeping on Devin Taylor!!lol
        Im pretty familiar with him Ive been cutting games of him for 3 years. His straight line speed isnt an issue. Im more concerned with lack of burst,flexibility and quickness. If were talking 4th or 5th round I dont have a problem with it

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep80 View Post
          My thinking for DE is Devin Taylor in the 3rd. He's Big, a good Run defender, and he can still add more weight to his 6'8 frame and play at 275-280 and still be athletic.
          That's not a bad choice. I think he's a potential sleeper that could fall to the 4th round. He is very big and very athletic but unless he wows scouts at the combine he will not be considered a top 15 DE and could be had later with great potential. He has played with some great defensive talent at SC too. You may be seeing him in my next mock...

Comment

(1A)OT Eric Fisher if O-line is not addressed free agency
            (1B DT Sheldon Richardson- Big need at DT or a similiar high ranking DT
            (1C) DE Ezkiel Ansah- dont think he ll be there at 19

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post

Okafor or Ansah for me (Ansah is tearing it up in the Senior Bowl so might not be available at #19).
              I can barely find one that doesn't have in in the first round.
              2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
              Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
              Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
              Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
              Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
              Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
              Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSabbath View Post
                I can barely find one that doesn't have in in the first round.
                Huh you're right ... wow he moved up fast.

We'll see what the Combine does to his ranking.
                Last edited by Kruunch; 01-23-2013, 08:14 AM.
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Where do you see that Ansah is tearing it up at the Senior Bowl? Would love to see some notes on the performances there if you would bekind enough to share a link.

Comment

not sure what mocks you are looking at but ogeltree is going in the first somewhere between 15 an up in ALL of the major mocks. ogeltree is not a 1st round talent but ansah is? the same ensah who had only 10 tackles combined his sophomore and junior season? the one who has one ok year playing in a weaker conference against lesser opponents? the only thing putting this kid in the 1st is the notion that all athletically freaky college DE's "could" be the next JPP?

Comment

Huh you're right ... wow he moved up fast.

We'll what the Combine does to his ranking.
                      Oh I fully expect him to have a beast of a combine. 40- 4.4, Vert- 40", Bench- 23. Then the coverage drills will be a piece of cake cause he's a former Safety. Honestly now that I think about it he might be a top 10 pick when all's said and done.

Comment

Oh I fully expect him to have a beast of a combine. 40- 4.4, Vert- 40", Bench- 23. Then the coverage drills will be a piece of cake cause he's a former Safety. Honestly now that I think about it he might be a top 10 pick when all's said and done.
                        yup, his stock is going to rise.. big time

Comment

One thing ive realized is to rarely pay attention to draft boards....Every year theres guys that are supposedly 2nd round picks that usually end up in the 1st, if a guy has done nothing to hurt his stock & has a decent combine I almost always assume they go in the 1st......With that being said theres always supposed 1st rounders that go in the 2nd....Kinda like when some here hoping to take Ray mualuga in the 1st or Clay Mathews/cushing in the 2nd, because thats how %90 of boards had it playing out....lol

Comment

I'm easily most intrigued to see Alec Ogletree at the combine, becuase i feel hes going to tear it up! Its gonna be fun to watch...

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                              Im pretty familiar with him Ive been cutting games of him for 3 years. His straight line speed isnt an issue. Im more concerned with lack of burst,flexibility and quickness. If were talking 4th or 5th round I dont have a problem with it
                              Hes not my ideal 3rd rd pick, but i woulden't be mad if we drafted em there.. I think hes gonna be a steal when said and done, but we shall see.. I like way to many players this yr!!!lol I'm sure its no coincidence that there are more under classmen then ever in this yrs draft though..lol

Talent at DE drops off significantly after the top heavy guys, and after that Shrine performance, Taylor is a guy whos gonna benefit bigtime becuase of it.. I think the Shrine game answered a few questions for Devin Taylor, and next up will be the combine, to answer a few more.. But he certainly passed his first test, with flying colors...

Comment

Watching senior bowl fisher is a man child and okafor has been killing it. I want Ogeltree bad myself lb need more speed without giving up run stuffing. Doesn't seem like a Giant pick. a guy I love was Queesberry something like that. He was a beast. If I had to choose giants pick it okafor.

Comment

Working...
                                X