Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you want us to draft and why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who do you want us to draft and why?

    I don't watch college football a lot but I usually start watching highlights of all the prospects after the SB.

    I personally wouldn't mind the BPA if they were OL, DL, LB, or CB

    Anyone in particular you guys want? and why? (if you don't know anyone by name, just list the position)

  • #2
    Ogletree.. in my opinion, MLB is the biggest need..
    if guys like Warmack, Banks or Richardson fall, I'd be happy also.

    DEs I like.. Okafor & Ansah

    Comment


    • #3
      I think Chance Warmack, G (Alabama) would really make a huge impact on this team. I also really like Matt Elam, S (Florida) - he's a true football player, intensity on every play.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
        Ogletree.. in my opinion, MLB is the biggest need..
        if guys like Warmack, Banks or Richardson fall, I'd be happy also.

        DEs I like.. Okafor & Ansah
        I've seen footage on Ogletree and Ansah so far, they look good but I'm hearing that they'll be out of reach for us

        Comment


        • #5
          ^^ the combine will tell all..

          Comment


          • #6
            No single player really stands out to me at the 19th spot right now but there's a bunch of guys I wouldn't mind. I'm more decided in regards to the 2nd - 4th round range.

            Comment


            • #7
              Ogletree...He's got the dog mentality that this D lacks

              Comment


              • #8
                Here's what I've got (very rough draft) from rounds 1 to 4, in order of preference

                Alot depends on what happens in prior rounds (i.e, if Giants go OL in 1st, I'd hope they'd address a different position in the 2nd, etc).

                I'm not listing guys that I don't expect to be around when the Giants are on the clock....basically looking at guys that are projected to be +/- 3 picks from the Giants pick in each round.

                1st Round:

                Jonathan Jenkins, DT, Georgia (not sure if he's around, but at 6-3 and 351 he's literally too big to pass up if available)
                DJ Fluker, RT, Alabama (Dallas might snag him, if not, Fluker could be long-term anchor for years).
                Alec Ogletree, ILB Georgia (he'd be a great consolation prize if Jenkins and Fluker are gone.....speed, plus great run defender).
                Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan (already has polish and footwork....at 6'-7" has frame to bulk up without losing speed....smooth blocker).
                ________________________

                2nd Round

                Alex Okafor, LB, Texas
                Lane Johnson, LT, Oklahoma
                Kevin Minter, LB, LSU
                Khaseem Greene, LB, Rutgers (absolutely love this kid's speed...a little undersized for pro LB, but would thrive in Fewell's system; a much better pursuit defender....doesn't have the bulk/strength to shed blocks head-on, but killer sideline speed to defend the edge in run support; former safety, so would excel as coverage LB; would upgrade the gang-tackling ability of the Giants defense).
                Sylvester Williams, DT, NC

                ________________________

                3rd Round

                Alex Hurst, RT, LSU
                Kyle Long, LT, Oregon
                Terry Hawthorne, CB, Illinois

                ________________________

                4th Round

                Brandon Jenkins, OLB, Florida State
                Alvin Bailey, OG, Arkansas
                Jordan Hill, DT, Penn State
                Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 01-21-2013, 02:52 PM.
                "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                  2nd Round

                  Alex Okafor, LB, Texas
                  Lane Johnson, LT, Oklahoma
                  I'd be ecstatic if one of those guys were available in the 2nd. Okafor's pass rushing ability is just too good to drop that far and Lane Johnson benefits from good measurables and other OTs dropping out of the draft. Who knows though.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    After watching some of the Championship Games, I'm 100% for offensive line. with a good O-Line the Giants can control the game with the run, and Eli will pick apart D's if they have to fear the run with some Play-action. Look at how much time Brady gets, look at how San Fran dominated on the ground. Even Baltimore was impressive that last drive to end the game where NE knew the run was coming but couldn't stop it. Chance Warmack or Johnathan Cooper would be my choice.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                      I'd be ecstatic if one of those guys were available in the 2nd. Okafor's pass rushing ability is just too good to drop that far and Lane Johnson benefits from good measurables and other OTs dropping out of the draft. Who knows though.
                      best case senerio if those 2 are still there..

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by quan the don View Post
                        After watching some of the Championship Games, I'm 100% for offensive line. with a good O-Line the Giants can control the game with the run, and Eli will pick apart D's if they have to fear the run with some Play-action. Look at how much time Brady gets, look at how San Fran dominated on the ground. Even Baltimore was impressive that last drive to end the game where NE knew the run was coming but couldn't stop it. Chance Warmack or Johnathan Cooper would be my choice.
                        Good points.....those singing the praises of the read-option need to recognize the offensive lines. SF's offensive line might be the best in the NFL. Shanahan has always been a mastermind in the running game too, and he took his magic from Denver to DC.
                        "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                        "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          any chance Manti falls to us?
                          would you guys want him?

                          Stand with Cruz!
                          80

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            My top three right now are Warmack, Fisher or Banks...in that order. Very good chance all may be gone before 19 but with the combine and workouts you can never be sure who'll slide.

                            The idea of having C.Warmack blocking for Wilson has me salivating...the dude just plays so strong and vicious. Fisher is huge (6"7) nasty blocker with a solid frame who could immediately fill the void at RT...and Jonathon Banks is my boy. I think he's better Dee Milliner... he adds size, long arms to jam receivers, good speed and has value to contribute in the return right away while he's groomed to succeed Webster.

                            The Giants land any of those players I'd be ecstatic.
                            Last edited by titwio; 01-21-2013, 05:04 PM.
                            "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by PBTimmons View Post
                              I think Chance Warmack, G (Alabama) would really make a huge impact on this team. I also really like Matt Elam, S (Florida) - he's a true football player, intensity on every play.
                              I like Elam, but unless they plan on getting rid of Rolle or not signing Phillips, then I cant see drafting a S in the 1st.....Hill,Rolle,Phillips,Brown,Rookie is pretty crowded...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X