X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Someone else I know said it best.

"He SHOULDN'T be a top 20 pick. He WILL be a top 20 pick."
    I wouldnt be so sure . Remember a couple years ago Brandon Spikes. First Rounder all year than he fell like a rock. That happens with LB's that arent pass rushers. That game really opened my eyes. If T'eo struggles stacking , shedding and tackling than what is left
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-10-2013, 06:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
      Teo did not impress me, although I think Notre Dame's D line was who really got abused. I think that the Giants may want to go with a CB or DE in the first round. If we resign Beatty and you believe that Brewer is ready to step up on the right side then we can get a solid Guard in the second or third round or FA. I think we can score a solid MLB in the 2nd or 3rd round...
      there's absolutely zero indication that Brewer is ready to step on the right side, I believe the guys lucky to be on the team after watching him attempt to block 3rd string DEs from Jacksonville in preseason..

Comment

• Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
        there's absolutely zero indication that Brewer is ready to step on the right side, I believe the guys lucky to be on the team after watching him attempt to block 3rd string DEs from Jacksonville in preseason..
        I would agree I wouldnt say he has shown enough to win that job yet. Giants may give him the job in preseason and bring back Locklear just in case he cant hold it.

I still think the Giants have to leave this draft with a highly talented Pass Rusher. It doesnt necessarily have to be a traditional DE.The Giants wont have an edge rusher on this roster if Osi leaves. This isnt just about next year either. Its about getting a guy in here for the future as well. I dont this team is competing for a Super Bowl next season,with the schedule they should compete for the playoffs though. They need to get a guy in here now so 2014 isnt a disaster.This defense has some trouble. They need a starting Corner and a Pass Rusher first and foremost.

Comment

• i am a huge ND fan and saw alot of teo. you cant take one bad game and say he isn't good. this guy is a stud and if he is there at 19 and giants dont take him i woud be pissed. he can play and lb postion
          sigpic
          FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
            I wouldnt be so sure . Remember a couple years ago Brandon Spikes. First Rounder all year than he fell like a rock. That happens with LB's that arent pass rushers. That game really opened my eyes. If T'eo struggles stacking , shedding and tackling than what is left
            It's all about the Combine.
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

• Teo missed tackles, couldn't shed blocks and got burned in pass defense vs Bama. Sounds just like the kinda guy were looking for!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
                Teo missed tackles, couldn't shed blocks and got burned in pass defense vs Bama. Sounds just like the kinda guy were looking for!
                hush your little mouth!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

He was doing things that Te'O just could not do vs Bama.
                  This kind of statement makes me want to pull my hair out. Georgia has a MUCH better defense than ND. It's not even a fair comparison. Ogletree made some good plays but was kept clean a fair amount.

I'm not trying to be a Te'o apologist.

At this point I'd say both Ogletree and Te'o are going to be overdrafted. 2nd round talents.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBTimmons View Post
                    This kind of statement makes me want to pull my hair out. Georgia has a MUCH better defense than ND. It's not even a fair comparison. Ogletree made some good plays but was kept clean a fair amount.

At this point I'd say both Ogletree and Te'o are going to be overdrafted. 2nd round talents.
                    Yeah the 2 Big DT's that Georgia has helps out Ogletree a lot.

Comment

• Wouldn't mind Te'o in the first, but not if we can take a top corner that's just as high on our board.
                      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Thats not really true. ND has some very talented players up front. The bigger difference is that they run a 3-4, where the guards have a free shot at the linebackers every play.

Georgia in their base defense runs a lot of 4-3, (technically more of a 50 front) where Ogletree has two DTs to soak up blockers.

But either way I agree with your conclusion. Ogletree and Teo are not top 20 type prospects.

Comment

Yeah the 2 Big DT's that Georgia has helps out Ogletree a lot.
                          I believe he just lead GA in Tackles and made a Sack and a Fumble Recovery in the bowl game, without Jenkins, i believe?

I mean, whos he gonna have in the pros? If he comes to us, hes got big Linval Joseph, a former 2nd rder, whos getting better and better, and Chris Canty most likely.. Thats pretty good 2 Tackles to play MLB behind.. Space eaters at the least..

U can't fault the guy for playing in a system and doing well with 2 good DT's.. I mean, he played good, and deserves his mock draft grade.. He lead the GA team in tackles, had double digit TFL, a few sacks, a INT, a TD..etc All while missing 4games.. Hes done a heck of a job all around..

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                            I believe he just lead GA in Tackles and made a Sack and a Fumble Recovery in the bowl game, without Jenkins, i believe?

I mean, whos he gonna have in the pros? If he comes to us, hes got big Linval Joseph, a former 2nd rder, whos getting better and better, and Chris Canty most likely.. Thats pretty good 2 Tackles to play MLB behind.. Space eaters at the least..

U can't fault the guy for playing in a system and doing well with 2 good DT's.. I mean, he played good, and deserves his mock draft grade.. He lead the GA team in tackles, had double digit TFL, a few sacks, a INT, a TD..etc All while missing 4games.. Hes done a heck of a job all around..
                            I know the stats that still doesnt make him stack and shed well. When u keep blockers off him he is great . He will make every play when clean

Comment

GA did not have a better D then ND! ND gave up 6pts to MICHIGAN and 3pts to MIAMI, 14 to BYU, 13 to OKLAHOMA, 10 to NAVY, and a combined 19 to W.FOREST, BC, and USC..etc ND's D was stellar this yr, and the main reason they went undefeated.. Oh ya, they gave up 13 to Stanford in OT! ND's D was sick! Nix, Motta, Lewis-Moore, Te'O, Tuitt, B.Jackson, Shembo..etc Beastly Defense! Thats 2 TOP5-10players in Tuitt and Nix, and a early to mid 1st in Te'o, and a 2nd-3rd in Jackson, and a 5th rd in Motta, and a 4th - 5th in Lewis Moore, and a late rd pick for Shembo.. Thats a D right there!

Comment

I know the stats that still doesnt make him stack and shed well
                                Hes a good prospect, and u guys are overreacting to his weakness of shedding blockers...

Comment

Working...
                                X