GM Jerry Reese: Giants Will Interview Manti Te’o At NFL Scouting Combine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    GA did not have a better D then ND! ND gave up 6pts to MICHIGAN and 3pts to MIAMI, 14 to BYU, 13 to OKLAHOMA, 10 to NAVY, and a combined 19 to W.FOREST, BC, and USC..etc ND's D was stellar this yr, and the main reason they went undefeated.. Oh ya, they gave up 13 to Stanford in OT! ND's D was sick! Nix, Motta, Lewis-Moore, Te'O, Tuitt, B.Jackson, Shembo..etc Beastly Defense! Thats 2 TOP5-10players in Tuitt and Nix, and a early to mid 1st in Te'o, and a 2nd-3rd in Jackson, and a 5th rd in Motta, and a 4th - 5th in Lewis Moore, and a late rd pick for Shembo.. Thats a D right there!
    ND defense was real good all season not sure why they decided not to tackle against Alabama. Plays were there to be made it seemed like everyone was just lunging and diving. No 1 wanted to get in front of Lacy or Yeldon. You have to want to tackle those guys they run so hard. Maybe the time off hurt the defense. I expected them to get killed by the Bama Defense. They were completely over matched on that side of the ball. I didnt think they would win but I didnt think Alabama would have 42 points . I figured 24 10 something like that

Comment

Hes a good prospect, and u guys are overreacting to his weakness of shedding blockers...
      Pretty sure shedding is the most important thing a linebacker can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
        Pretty sure shedding is the most important thing a linebacker can do.
        I have been watching tape of him and I don't get where you see he has a problem with shedding,,,NFL LB's have problems with shedding from time to time(look at ours),,,I think the point is that he has prototypical MLB size and speed,,,and has the frame to pack on more muscle. I respect your opinion but have to disagree,,,,I think with some coaching this kid could be very good, the kid can cover and he is good in run support,,,once he put weight on the shedding thing would disappear. This is why I don't see all the love for ansah,,,very raw,,but athletic,,but by no mans the player ogletree is. His tape against Alabama looked great this year,,,he belonged on the field with them unlike te'o.

Comment

• Just look at how rarely he uses his arms. He doesn't shed. He runs away

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
            Wouldn't mind Te'o in the first, but not if we can take a top corner that's just as high on our board.
            Corner over DE and LB?
            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
              Corner over DE and LB?
              Depends on the player really. This team needs a DE more but if our two best selections did come down to Johnathan Banks or Sam Montgomery, I'd take Banks.

Comment

• nahhh not at 19
                Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

• Geez that game realy wrecked peoples feelings....few weeks ago everyone wouldve sacraficed their children to get teo...

Comment

• dudes, Te'o just went against a Oline thats sending every one of themselves to the NFl, and makes most players obselete, why is it such a surprise now when it happens to Te'o? Sure he missed some tackles, but it was a bad game, get over it..lol j/k! Seriously though, it was a game!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                      It's all about the Combine.
                      He's not the type of player that is going to kill the combine

Comment

• Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                        I have been watching tape of him and I don't get where you see he has a problem with shedding,,,NFL LB's have problems with shedding from time to time(look at ours),,,I think the point is that he has prototypical MLB size and speed,,,and has the frame to pack on more muscle. I respect your opinion but have to disagree,,,,I think with some coaching this kid could be very good, the kid can cover and he is good in run support,,,once he put weight on the shedding thing would disappear. This is why I don't see all the love for ansah,,,very raw,,but athletic,,but by no mans the player ogletree is. His tape against Alabama looked great this year,,,he belonged on the field with them unlike te'o.
                        I don't want a kid in the first that "can be good with some coaching". I want a kid that is good now!

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                          I don't want a kid in the first that "can be good with some coaching". I want a kid that is good now!
                          There is nobody in this entire draft that's good now without additional coaching

Comment

Hes a good prospect, and u guys are overreacting to his weakness of shedding blockers...
                            Overreacting? never said he wasnt a great player or I wouldnt draft him. Wouldnt spend all the time I do watching his games if I didnt think he had potential to be really good

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                              Corner over DE and LB?
                              I can see the Giants drafting a CB over an LB.

This includes if our entire LBer corps were wiped out by a freak meteor shower.
                              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                                I don't see anyone in this draft that is that good.
                                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Working...
                                X