No announcement yet.

GM Jerry Reese: Giants Will Interview Manti Teo At NFL Scouting Combine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• His stock was going way down after that Bowl game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
      Manti better be careful with his NFL money sheesh.
      He is in his early twenties. I'm sure football has been his whole life for some time now. Maybe this online girl was an escape. In any event this is strange.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
        His stock was going way down after that Bowl game.
        I think that's more in the media, which had him ridiculously over hyped.

He was always a mid to late 1st round pick.

Comment

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...kekua-is-real/

In case anyone here didn't see or hear of this yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
            He had been talking to her for years, and seemingly was completely convinced she was real. He found out she wasent around the heisman show. Could he go to the media then after them talking about him playing for her all year? He was pretty much screwed at that point.
            he hasn't though, their first interaction was on twitter less then a year before she died whit the line "nice to meet you ma'am" This obviously doesn't sink up with the Stanford meeting he told the media

Comment

• Originally posted by juice33s View Post
              he hasn't though, there first interaction was on twitter less then a year before she died whit the line "nice to meet you ma'am" This obviously doesn't sink up with the Stanford meeting he told the media
              No. There had been stories of them talking since like 2009.

Comment

No. There had been stories of them talking since like 2009.
                No, those are his stories of what he told the media. Obviously he never met her at a Stanford game in 2009. Deadspin traced their first twitter convo to October 2011 where he said "nice to meet you"

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                  Ive seen Numerous College Football players Tweet about Manti he is going to get torn up in an NFL Locker room
                  That was my first thought when this story broke.
                  I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

• Originally posted by juice33s View Post
                    No, those are his stories of what he told the media. Obviously he never met her at a Stanford game in 2009. Deadspin traced their first twitter convo to October 2011 where he said "nice to meet you"
                    That's still 2 years ago.

Still sort of all fits. He made up stories likely because he was embarrassed about the whole thing.
                    Last edited by slipknottin; 01-17-2013, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                      The whole idea that he was duped unknowingly doesn't make any sense at all.
                      Can you be knowingly duped?
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

That's still 2 years ago.

Still sort of all fits. He made up stories likely because he was embarrassed about the whole thing.
                        no.... its barely over a year from now, and less than a year from the day she died(11 months).

Again tho, he lied multiple times and had SEVERAL opportunities to correct the situation. He said he met with her in Hawaii. He said he met with her at a football game. He said he had phone conversations with her and her mother. He didnt say anything all football season when ESPN and every other network ran their story over and over. He only came up with the "hoax" thing when the story broke. Maybe it was a hoax, who knows, but either way his behavior and lies were scummy and certainly not the behavior of a leader.
                        sigpic

Comment

That's still 2 years ago.Still sort of all fits. He made up stories likely because he was embarrassed about the whole thing.
                          Lol, no, wrong again. She died in sept 2012, which is less then a year from their first interaction in oct of 2011

Comment

• Well the cards FB says this is actually a real person which is even stranger. Did he meet someone at the game in 2011? No? I don't really understand that part. We clearly don't have all the details.

But assume he talked to the girl for almost a year online and on the phone. Actually did fall for her. He made up stories to make it seem more legitimate and spare him some embarrassment. That part of it makes sense.
                            Last edited by slipknottin; 01-17-2013, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                              no.... its barely over a year from now, and less than a year from the day she died(11 months). Again tho, he lied multiple times and had SEVERAL opportunities to correct the situation. He said he met with her in Hawaii. He said he met with her at a football game. He said he had phone conversations with her and her mother. He didnt say anything all football season when ESPN and every other network ran their story over and over. He only came up with the "hoax" thing when the story broke. Maybe it was a hoax, who knows, but either way his behavior and lies were scummy and certainly not the behavior of a leader.
                              Idk about scummy, you don't know how it all went down. So he had a fake girlfriend, ray Lewis goes on tv after every game thanking his imaginary friend he has never met. Teo is a kid who messed up, not that big of a deal imo

Comment

• I'm of the opinion that he got caught up in a little white lie that snowballed into this mess. We've all been there as kids (if not so grandiose a stage or circumstance).

It might hurt his draft stock by a few picks but as pointed out, his game against 'Bama hurt his draft stock much worse (assuming no other really weird stuff comes out). At worst, a coach and/or GM might decide to pass on him just to avoid the locker room drama (for instance, I could see the Steelers passing on this guy).

To that end, locker rooms don't change much in maturity level from Pop Warner to the Pros. He will definitely get crucified in any locker room he joins. How he responds to that (good naturedly or with a chip on his shoulder) will determine the levels it rises to. His play on the field will also determine how much grief he gets.

All in all, I think he's just a kid who got caught out in the mother of all humiliating circumstances.

Comment

Working...
                                X