No announcement yet.

GM Jerry Reese: Giants Will Interview Manti Teo At NFL Scouting Combine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So he spent several hours talking to her on the phone almost every night yet he never considered to Skype/Webcam? I just can't see someone being THAT ignorant. I'm more willing to buy the homosexual rumors of him being in a relationship with the guy behind "Kekua's" twitter. I mean, that dude did have a car accident a month prior to when the fake girl had one and Te'o did know him personally.

Comment

• Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
      Well the cards FB says this is actually a real person which is even stranger. Did he meet someone at the game in 2011? No? I don't really understand that part. We clearly don't have all the details. But assume he talked to the girl for almost a year online and on the phone. Actually did fall for her. He made up stories to make it seem more legitimate and spare him some embarrassment. That part of it makes sense.
      Some espn reports last night said that there was multiple people involved in the hoax. And that the person he met was not who he was talking to.

Comment

• Who was the girl he met at Stanford then?
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by alentown pa View Post
          Idk about scummy, you don't know how it all went down. So he had a fake girlfriend, ray Lewis goes on tv after every game thanking his imaginary friend he has never met. Teo is a kid who messed up, not that big of a deal imo

getting hoaxed, or possibly getting hoaxed or having a fake girlfriend isnt what makes it scummy.

What makes it scummy is riding the wave of national sympathy for this story of great inspiration all season long and continuing to lie about it throughout the season(again he is on record with some pretty big lies about this relationship with this girl). He has been willing to talk about this ALL season long to any news outlet that would listen when it would add to his inspirational story. It was only when the girl was shown to not exist that he then claimed it was an elaborate hoax and is refusing to comment.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
            Who was the girl he met at Stanford then?
            Who knows. Who knows what is what with this. Anyway **** we should have beat the steelers blowing a ten point lead in the 4th sigh

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
              getting hoaxed, or possibly getting hoaxed or having a fake girlfriend isnt what makes it scummy.

What makes it scummy is riding the wave of national sympathy for this story of great inspiration all season long and continuing to lie about it throughout the season(again he is on record with some pretty big lies about this relationship with this girl). He has been willing to talk about this ALL season long to any news outlet that would listen when it would add to his inspirational story. It was only when the girl was shown to not exist that he then claimed it was an elaborate hoax and is refusing to comment.
              But he thought she was real! It wasent until the Heisman award show that he learned she was fake.

And it doesn't matter really if she was. He had real pain from her dying and used that as motivation.

I see nothing wrong with it from that aspect

Him telling stories about her meeting him and all that are not an attempt to make a show of it. Just to make it seem legitimate.
              Last edited by slipknottin; 01-17-2013, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Eh. Going to be difficult for someone who is so popular to come out and say "I got lied to and my girlfriend who I loved wasent real"
                u really believe he loved some girl he knew not enough about to even realize she existed or not? I mean, come on now! Even if it was true, it should of been a realathionship concealed and not used to bring sympahty to Manti's behalf, as how hung up on a girl u never met, and obviously don't know cr-ap about, be?

Comment

But he thought she was real! It wasent until the Heisman award show that he learned she was fake.

And it doesn't matter really if she was. He had real pain from her dying and used that as motivation.

Him telling stories about her meeting him and all that are not an attempt to make a show of it. Just to make it seem legitimate.
                  The problem is, wou have no idea if any of what you are saying is true.

Comment

I'm sorry, i'm with santaman on this one, and it seems ur just trying to have a debate, for sake of debate.. How can u possibly be so naive to believe or listen to any of this cr-ap?

I'm telling you right now, there is zero chance this guy didn't know she was real.. How do u not have a web cam or something? It would of been better if he said a freind had passed, but using the Girlfriend thing and getting all the media attention from it, and never once mentioning he has no clue about what she looks like or anything, makes him a loser! There is no way to spin this, other then hes a toolbag liar! Anyone who believes this, is just as naive as the rest of em.. Get a clue guys, Te'o straight up lied and thought he could get away with it... No ones that stupid.. No one! Especially not a guy whos about to be a multi millionaire and can get basically any "IN THE FLESH" woman he wants..

Comment

• Originally posted by alentown pa View Post
                      Some espn reports last night said that there was multiple people involved in the hoax. And that the person he met was not who he was talking to.
                      He didn't have a webcam and nor did the girl? Come on? What is he such a loser, that he just had a blind chat with a girl , who obviously could of been anyone, and just fell for er??lol And didn't he go to the funeral? How can anyone be so stupid? Thers just way to many layers for this to not be all, and i mean ALL on manti... I woulden't want someone that stupid on my team, i tell u that much.. It'd be annoying knowing someone that stupid is on are team, regardless of how good he is.. Hes a idiot!

Comment

• Wouldn't an online/distance girlfriend be awfully convenient in the possibility that Te'o is a homosexual too? This guy must of had all kinds of potential panty dropping situations thrown at him being the "Alpha Male" on campus so instead of fumbling to refuse their offers, he can just fall back on his online relationship.

Anyway, here is what we know about Ronaiah Tuiasosopo

Late Wednesday night, Twitter user Justin Megahan dug up some tweets from a few Twitter users who connected a man named Ronaiah Tuiasosopo to the Lennay Kekua fake identity.

Tuiasosopo (pictured), as his last name suggests, is part of the Tuiasosopo football family that includes former Washington quarterback Marques Tuiasosopo and former NFL player Manu Tuiasosopo. Deadspin reported in its piece that Ronaiah has been using the Lennay Kekua fake identity to dupe people since at least 2008. Deadspin says he is 22, played high school football in Lancaster, Calif., and is currently involved in his family’s church. He has interacted with Te’o over Twitter, attended the USC-Notre Dame game with his family reportedly as guests of Te’o, and he and Te’o know each other, according to Deadspin.

These two were VERY close so there is a strong possibility that both of them created this hoax to boost Teo's media presence. I suppose there is a chance he is just super gullible and innocent but it's just too much of a coincidence of how much he benefited from this during the football season.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                          The problem is, wou have no idea if any of what you are saying is true.
                          Neither does the opposite argument. We don't have all the facts yet

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                            He didn't have a webcam and nor did the girl? Come on? What is he such a loser, that he just had a blind chat with a girl , who obviously could of been anyone, and just fell for er??lol And didn't he go to the funeral? How can anyone be so stupid? Thers just way to many layers for this to not be all, and i mean ALL on manti... I woulden't want someone that stupid on my team, i tell u that much.. It'd be annoying knowing someone that stupid is on are team, regardless of how good he is.. Hes a idiot!
                            Agreed about the webcam stuff. He should have known better. That is if he was hoaxed and not just lying the whole time. Honestly I don't know what's worse being dumb enough to be hoaxed or being in on it. I think he is suited best in a 3-4 but I'd take him in third round. He is prbly a late 1st early 2nd round pick though

Comment

• Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                              These two were VERY close so there is a strong possibility that both of them created this hoax to boost Teo's media presence. I suppose there is a chance he is just super gullible and innocent but it's just too much of a coincidence of how much he benefited from this during the football season.
                              I dont really know or care about the whole sexuality arguement.

As you suggest, and has been suggested by ESPN too , I think it is likely this was just a story to gain fame. Remember, he didnt reveal to anyone that this was a online only relationship until after the story came out. In fact, he was telling everyone that he was meeting with this girl during periods where they had not even met officially online.
                              sigpic

Comment

Neither does the opposite argument. We don't have all the facts yet
                                True.

If he truly got hoaxed and he a complete victim, I don't think that it will have any impact at all on his draft stock.

If he was involved and has been lying, some teams will take him off their boards, but some won't. He might drop a little, but some team will snatch him up thinking that they got aa great value because he dropped.

Comment

Working...
                                X