No announcement yet.

GM Jerry Reese: Giants Will Interview Manti Teo At NFL Scouting Combine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree he was duped. I don't think he had malicious intentions even towards the end of it all.

Comment

• Originally posted by ImElectric2 View Post
      Oh yeah, very strange indeed overall. I actually feel that the gay angle could play a part IF it turns out he was involved. And I mean, he clearly lied about things....there's no question about that. He wouldn't be in this mess if he didn't lie. However, my thinking is his lies were rooted in a 'truth' that was manufactured by someone else. As I stated previously, I think its the classic 'kid lies about having a girlfriend in another state that no ones ever met before' just on a much grander scale and with social media involved. The whole story is ridiculous no matter how it breaks. It's def got me interested lol. What'd Peyton say to Jeff Saturday on the sidelines? "Better than Desperate Housewives"? Indeed...
      Thats what I think too, but there are still some questions. Like who did he talk to on the phone, who did he tweet to that he met after the stanford game, etc etc.

Comment

Dude, imagine if we got Ogletree in the first and then Teo in like the 5th or 6th? I'd call that a huge win for Reese.
        Te'o - Ogletree - J Williams.. I like that, dont know about 5th or 6th round though

Comment

I agree he was duped. I don't think he had malicious intentions even towards the end of it all.
          Well if you agree he was completely duped then why do you talk about getting him in the 5th or 6th?? lol

Comment

• Will Mantei Teo' fall to us at 19?

Anyone think he will fall that far? Its not really that far when you think about it. I say take a chance on him. He will add energy and hunger to our D!

Comment

• Haha, joking about the rounds but still fantasizing about both lbs. I wonder if he did fall to the 2nd if Reese would break trends and trade up

Comment

• Sucks his girlfriend won't be there when he's drafted.
                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                  Sucks his girlfriend won't be there when he's drafted.
                  LOL.

If he is involved in any way, the Giants won't touch him.

Comment

• if he does fall i dunno how jr could pass on him if hes going by bpa...depends on the board but he was a potential top 5 pick...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                      Sucks his girlfriend won't be there when he's drafted.
                      She'll be there in spirit.

Comment

• You know what this story does do? Gets the giants/ND fans off Reese's back when he passes on Te'o in the first.

He very well might have anyway, but fans would have ripped him for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                          if he does fall i dunno how jr could pass on him if hes going by bpa...depends on the board but he was a potential top 5 pick...
                          Because we don't place that high a value on LBs.

I think we're going DL or OL this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                            Thats what I think too, but there are still some questions. Like who did he talk to on the phone, who did he tweet to that he met after the stanford game, etc etc.
                            Trying to piece things together as we all are.....my dad mentioned hearing something about how he did actually meet a girl or saw her at a charity event or something along those lines and was told later that it was Kekua. From there the online relationship spawned. Theres an article on ESPN now that I literally just skimmed where a teammate talks about how she was never really his girlfriend, but that Teo played up that angle which is sort of along the lines of our mutual belief. Assuming Im reading the article correctly anyway.

Comment

• He probably would have been there for them anyway. His hype is ridiculous. He is not a top 5 top 10 pick, just not. Hes a mid to late 1st, possibly an early 2nd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                                Because we don't place that high a value on LBs.

I think we're going DL or OL this year.
                                Disagree, they do place a high value on LBs, but in what recent draft was there a LB who was better than who they picked early?

Comment

Working...
                                X