GM Jerry Reese: Giants Will Interview Manti Teo At NFL Scouting Combine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    He's really not all that great...I'd rather have Jarvis Jones.
    Good chance Jarvis Jones wont get cleared by Giants doctors.He has Spinal Stenosis,USC doctors wouldnt clear him thats how he ended up at Georgia. Plus im Confused ,u say u dont want a DE but U say u want a LB that would primarily play DE if he was on the Giants.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 12-07-2012, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Would not mind at all since this guy can really help out the Giants defence

Comment

Originally posted by I Bleed Blue 56 View Post
        We need an ILB and not worry about a QB we face 2 times a year.
        Yeah cause that worked out well for us this year??
        sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
          Good chance Jarvis Jones wont get cleared by Giants doctors.He has Spinal Stenosis,USC doctors wouldnt clear him thats how he ended up at Georgia. Plus im Confused ,u say u dont want a DE but U say u want a LB that would primarily play DE if he was on the Giants.
          Yeah cause to me Linebackers are better instincts at stopping the run. DE usually are just looking for sacks not saying but most are. So yeah I would want a stud linebacker. Also why not look at Demarcus Ware he is a beast. Who's to say if we draft a linebacker that they wouldn't be either??

Comment

Yeah cause that worked out well for us this year??
            What game did you watch RG3 didnt beat us there running back did. Most of there runs were up the middle. We cant stop the run at all with this linebacker group. Chase is serviceable but slow to the edge Kiwi is a DE. Boley is just horrible this year hes regressing in the worst way.

Comment

Originally posted by I Bleed Blue 56 View Post
              What game did you watch RG3 didnt beat us there running back did. Most of there runs were up the middle. We cant stop the run at all with this linebacker group. Chase is serviceable but slow to the edge Kiwi is a DE. Boley is just horrible this year hes regressing in the worst way.
              Yeah complete denial RG3 did NOTHING....I hate him as much as the next but he and Morris moved the ball at will on our defense.No crap our linebackers suck which is why I said if we were to move up screw Te'O give me Jarvis Jones.

Comment

He's really not all that great...I'd rather have Jarvis Jones.
                You cannot be serious!
                If i were to grade Te'o to a player in the NFL right now he would be similar in prospect to brian cushing. The kid is as instinctual as they get, does he disappear sometimes yes, but he is a play maker when it counts. Stout run defender / solid not great but better than most pass coverage. and Jarvis Jones would be the next Adrian Tracy of the giants meaning ( Linebacker converted to DE)

edit: Brian Cushing pre roid exposure! sigh*

Comment

Yeah cause to me Linebackers are better instincts at stopping the run. DE usually are just looking for sacks not saying but most are. So yeah I would want a stud linebacker. Also why not look at Demarcus Ware he is a beast. Who's to say if we draft a linebacker that they wouldn't be either??
                  Ware is essentially a DE. He just rushes with his hand up.
                  Jarvis Jones would not be a linebacker for the giants, he would be a DE

Comment

I think Te'o is the type of player that can revolutionize a defence but the chances of Giants drafting him are very slim
                    Last edited by Broadway Blue; 12-08-2012, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Broadway Blue View Post
                      I think Te'o is the type of player that can revolutionize a defence but the chances of Giants drafting him are very slim
                      revolutionize is very strong praise. I dont think he is quite that good. Urlacher , Patrick Willis those are that type. Te'o is a plug and play MLB probably Pro Bowl good but dont think he is franchise changing like those guys

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                        Ware is essentially a DE. He just rushes with his hand up.
                        Jarvis Jones would not be a linebacker for the giants, he would be a DE
                        Jones drops 5 yards from the line once or twice a game. I rarely ever see him not on the line when the ball is snapped. His medical will scare the Giants away

Comment

Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
                          You cannot be serious!
                          If i were to grade Te'o to a player in the NFL right now he would be similar in prospect to brian cushing. The kid is as instinctual as they get, does he disappear sometimes yes, but he is a play maker when it counts. Stout run defender / solid not great but better than most pass coverage. and Jarvis Jones would be the next Adrian Tracy of the giants meaning ( Linebacker converted to DE)

edit: Brian Cushing pre roid exposure! sigh*
                          Ok bad choice of words...the kid is very good not taking anything away from him. To me I'd take Jones. I don't get this thing where if we were to draft him that he would play on the d-line only. His natural position is linebacker.
                          Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 12-08-2012, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Ok bad choice of words...the kid is very good not taking anything away from. To me I'd take Jones. I don't get this thing where if we were to draft him that he would play on the d-line only. His natural position is linebacker.
                            Natural position in college yes, but his mesurables/ ability limits him to one of two things a rushing OLB in a 3-4 scheme or DE in a 4-3 scheme. he cannot play W/M/S in a traditional 4-3; cannot is a strong word, lets just say he would be out of his league transitioning from college level to pro level at that position.

Comment

Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
                              Natural position in college yes, but his mesurables/ ability limits him to one of two things a rushing OLB in a 3-4 scheme or DE in a 4-3 scheme. he cannot play W/M/S in a traditional 4-3; cannot is a strong word, lets just say he would be out of his league transitioning from college level to pro level at that position.
                              Well none of these thing are going to happen cause the Giants never trade up....lol. I just hope that we can get a decent linebacker cause the ones we have now have been playing awful against the run all year,

Comment

Ok bad choice of words...the kid is very good not taking anything away from him. To me I'd take Jones. I don't get this thing where if we were to draft him that he would play on the d-line only. His natural position is linebacker.
                                No. His natural position is pass rusher. He rushes almost every snap.

He's not a linebacker

Comment

Working...
                                X