No announcement yet.

GM Jerry Reese: Giants Will Interview Manti Teo At NFL Scouting Combine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure I'd take Te'o. Not saying he was "exposed" but damn he looked awful on run plays and mediocre on coverage in the championship game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sundown View Post
      Not sure I'd take Te'o. Not saying he was "exposed" but damn he looked awful on run plays and mediocre on coverage in the championship game.
      Missed tons of tackles too.

Say, he'd fit right in

Comment

• Guy looked slow and couldn't get off of blocks against Alabama. His bust potential is rising.

Comment

• lets see how he does at the combine.. I'd still be happy with him at #19

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
            Missed tons of tackles too.

Say, he'd fit right in
            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• The BCS championship game definitely dropped Teo's stock value. I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants can get him in the second or possibly the third round now by a stretch.

Comment

• Honey Badger in the 3rd. As an LSU fan, I can assure you he will be the best player available come the third round. That kid has the potential to change a defense and a game.
                Last edited by Giants5699; 01-09-2013, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• 1st round better be a freaking o-lineman.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                    The BCS championship game definitely dropped Teo's stock value. I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants can get him in the second or possibly the third round now by a stretch.
                    He will not be available in the 2nd round.

Unless he does horrible at the combine or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                      He will not be available in the 2nd round.

Unless he does horrible at the combine or something.
                      His stock took a pretty big hit in the NC Game:

Te'o has been projected as a potential first-round pick. But Rob Rang, an NFL draft analyst for CBSSports.com, said Te'o's first-half performance, when he struggled to avoid being blocked and, more tellingly, missed several tackles on Lacy and Yeldon, should be troubling to pro scouts.

"In the biggest of big games you have to play well," Rang said at halftime. "The fact he's not has got to be an area of concern for any NFL talent evaluator. You don't get more NFL (offensive) talent than Alabama. You don't get a bigger stage. … For of player with his hype to not be able to make tackles, it will hurt his draft stock."

Comment

• Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
                        His stock took a pretty big hit in the NC Game:

Te'o has been projected as a potential first-round pick. But Rob Rang, an NFL draft analyst for CBSSports.com, said Te'o's first-half performance, when he struggled to avoid being blocked and, more tellingly, missed several tackles on Lacy and Yeldon, should be troubling to pro scouts.

"In the biggest of big games you have to play well," Rang said at halftime. "The fact he's not has got to be an area of concern for any NFL talent evaluator. You don't get more NFL (offensive) talent than Alabama. You don't get a bigger stage. … For of player with his hype to not be able to make tackles, it will hurt his draft stock."
                        I agree, I think he's out of the top 10. But he didn't play that bad to get knocked into the 2nd and 3rd round to me.

Comment

• His stock has taken a huge hit. They need a DE anyway.

Comment

• 1st round. Offensive lineman
                            2nd round. Offensive lineman
                            3rd round. Honeybadger
                            4th round. Offensive lineman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giants5699 View Post
                              1st round. Offensive lineman
                              2nd round. Offensive lineman
                              3rd round. Honeybadger
                              4th round. Offensive lineman.
                              As much as the offensive line needs work, we desperately need a DE.

Comment

• The OL might not be in that bad of shape as long as they can sign Beatty and Boothe.

Comment

Working...
                                X