If you had a choice at #19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giantsacks View Post
    Hypothetically speaking if olgatree is there also Ezekiel ansah who do you think jr will choose it is possible that they both are on the board at 19. We need new pass rushing muscle and we also need more athletic MLB u think Reese will pull a blockbuster job on the line type trade to land both these guys it would fill holes immediately .gimme ya thoughts giants nation
    Ansah at # 19, but if he does well at the combines, then he could move up to top 15. I don't like big blockbuster trades unless it's for a QB (which we don't need). I like Ogletree, but I'd rather have Ansah.

Comment

I wouldnt be mad either way, but I would lean Ogletree because IMO he is less of a risk. Ansah is a proect much like JPP was. Will he be like JPP, he could. But he also might not.

Personally I think Reese would go Ansah over Ogletree because of what happened with JPP and the fact that Reese has won 2 SBs without a superstar LB.
      WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
        I wouldnt be mad either way, but I would lean Ogletree because IMO he is less of a risk. Ansah is a proect much like JPP was. Will he be like JPP, he could. But he also might not.

Personally I think Reese would go Ansah over Ogletree because of what happened with JPP and the fact that Reese has won 2 SBs without a superstar LB.
        I'd rather Ogletree than Ansah, but wouldn't be mad with him....I think some other DEs will have to have nice combines while ansah has a average day in order for him to be around at 19......
        But,we should assume the 1st round pick to be something other than what everyone's expecting, it always is...
        Im going to start my Elam,Lane Johnson,Kawan short homework...

Comment

Why all this big talk about DE's and LB? We absolutely NEED, above everything else, an OT that can start week 1. Once Eli doesn't have to worry about Diehl giving up pressure on every play, he will be able to have some actual time in the pocket and throw those highly accurate passes as opposed to forced picks.

If Lane Johnson is still there at 19 then we better jump on that. That said, I don't see him being there at 19.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
            Why all this big talk about DE's and LB? We absolutely NEED, above everything else, an OT that can start week 1. Once Eli doesn't have to worry about Diehl giving up pressure on every play, he will be able to have some actual time in the pocket and throw those highly accurate passes as opposed to forced picks.

If Lane Johnson is still there at 19 then we better jump on that. That said, I don't see him being there at 19.
            Some may think we could find a FA or a decent option later in the draft. Then there's also defense wins championships, and ours is speeding downhill.
            2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
            Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
            Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
            Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
            Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
            Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
            Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Comment

Your last sentence pretty much explains that issue with the lack of discussion of a 1st round OT going to this team. Behind QBs and pass rushers, OT prospects who can offer good potential to play on the blind side are highly drafted and it's very possible (more probable) that Joeckel, Fisher, and Lane are all taken before our pick. No pure RTs are worthy of the selection and since our defense took a noticeable decline in 2012, people are concerned about the future of our front 7.

Comment

There is no team better at evaluating pass rushers than the Giants. I can't remember the last time that they struck out on one in the draft.

Therefore, I think that if they take a DE in the first, there is a high probability that he will be a good player for us.

Comment

This argument can be used both ways, what good is a improved offense if our Defense gets worse?
                  It seems logical to me, we wont realy have $$ to add any impactful player on D,infact we may lose some...So if you subtract,not add,seems hard to imagine theyll magically improve....

Comment

Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
                    I'd rather Ogletree than Ansah, but wouldn't be mad with him....I think some other DEs will have to have nice combines while ansah has a average day in order for him to be around at 19......
                    But,we should assume the 1st round pick to be something other than what everyone's expecting, it always is...
                    Im going to start my Elam,Lane Johnson,Kawan short homework...
                    I'm really worried about Ansah's combine. The dude ran a 10.9 100m!! That's unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by WiIdcat View Post
                      I'm really worried about Ansah's combine. The dude ran a 10.9 100m!! That's unbelievable.
                      With a good combine,throw away the idea of Ansah...

Comment

honestly, im not sure id take ansah over mingo to begin with. he strikes me as a capable replacement to osi with that burst off the edge. while he may not be as extreme an athlete as ansah, he def makes up for it in onfield play imo...

id want Fisher OT from C.Michigan, then its a toss up between mingo/ansah and if all 3 are gone then Johnson from Oklahoma. If hes gone I trade out of the 1rst and aquire an extra 2nd and 3rd and BPA the OL/DL

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                          There is no team better at evaluating pass rushers than the Giants. I can't remember the last time that they struck out on one in the draft.

Therefore, I think that if they take a DE in the first, there is a high probability that he will be a good player for us.
                          I would think they'd of wanted more outta Kiwi as a 1st rd pick, don't you? Adrian Tracy as a later rd pick has been underwhelming as well.. Obviously albeit, a later rd pick is tougher to hit on , but still.. I'm not happy with kiwi's production as a 1st rder, thats for sure... Glimpses is all we ever got...

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                            I would think they'd of wanted more outta Kiwi as a 1st rd pick, don't you? Adrian Tracy as a later rd pick has been underwhelming as well.. Obviously albeit, a later rd pick is tougher to hit on , but still.. I'm not happy with kiwi's production as a 1st rder, thats for sure... Glimpses is all we ever got...
                            really? i think the fact he was able to transition to LB speaks to the talent he has. He also produced while he was a DE before being switched...had he been left at DE who knows what level he'd be at now, but he's contributed to this defense a ton, maybe not statistically, but his versatility allowed the DCs to move him all over and get the best guys on the field...

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                              really? i think the fact he was able to transition to LB speaks to the talent he has. He also produced while he was a DE before being switched...had he been left at DE who knows what level he'd be at now, but he's contributed to this defense a ton, maybe not statistically, but his versatility allowed the DCs to move him all over and get the best guys on the field...
                              On again off again.. No consistency what so ever at either positon... Sure, hes had his moments and a couple seasons that were solid but hes been around for 7seasons now, and overall, i would say hes been rather invisible more so then dominant , and again, hes a 1st rd pick.. The guy never had double digit sacks in his career, and has had 1pick in his last 6seasons...

Comment

In fact, Kiwi has had 4.5 sacks or less in every season except 1, and that season he had 8...

Comment

Working...
                                X