Senior Bowl Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Dontari Poe also didn't do squat in college but since he blew up the combine with jaw dropping numbers (and we all know Ansah has that potential too), he shot all the way to the #11 overall pick last year. It just depends on how much that team's college scouting department loves raw athleticism.
    and Poe has been a big disappointment/bust

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
      JPP was a junior college all american before going to USF. ansah is raw as sushi. only started this year due to injury so his own college team didn't view him as a starter.
      Exactly. People are blinded by the JPP comparisons. Ansah hasn't produced anything on the field and only has 4.5 more sacks in college than me! lol

Comment

Originally posted by JSpin View Post
        Exactly. People are blinded by the JPP comparisons. Ansah hasn't produced anything on the field and only has 4.5 more sacks in college than me! lol
        I just dont get it,,am I blind? I havent watched the entire game but every play I saw ansah in consisted of him getting pushed back and out of the play.

Comment

and Poe has been a big disappointment/bust
          He late bloomed at the end of the season. Nose Tackle isn't exactly a position that gets much love in the general media unless you're the top guy.

Comment

You gotta watch the games though...Ansah pretty much played the 5tech and nose tackle positions exclusively at BYU and still managed to flash his talents. Now he gets to play 4/3 end and he dominates....His stats are misleading and him taking double teams was a huge reason Kyle Van Noy blew up this year

Comment

He late bloomed at the end of the season. Nose Tackle isn't exactly a position that gets much love in the general media unless you're the top guy.
              I heard somewhere the cheifs are no longer high on him and could be looking to draft another nose tackle.

Comment

enigma,,,,are you truly sold on ansah? you seem to be very knowledgeable.

Comment

I honestly still see him there at 19. He's more raw than JPP and that's saying something! Wasn't a starter at the beginning of this year and had no production at all in his other two years. You're telling me you want a guy in the first that's this raw with only 4 sacks?? Too risky for my liking. For every JPP there's 10 Vernon Gholstons... no thanks. Ogletree.
                  U realize he never played football ever before joining the team. Did u expect him to walk into a Top 40 NCAA Program and start Day 1. He was also a 3-4 end. He wasnt charging upfield like a lot of the guys that have better numbers
                  Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-26-2013, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                    U realize he never played football ever before joining the team. Did u expect him to walk into a Top 40 NCAA Program and start Day 1.
                    no,,nor do I see him as 1st rounder,,its just not there. and he was there 3 years,,only started because of injury.

Comment

I heard somewhere the cheifs are no longer high on him and could be looking to draft another nose tackle.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuDiFqZpxE0

He's been a hit or miss guy in his rookie season but it's obvious that he has the ability to dominate. Just a matter of "getting it".

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                        U realize he never played football ever before joining the team. Did u expect him to walk into a Top 40 NCAA Program and start Day 1.
                        Not only had he never played, he ahd never watched and new nothing about the sport

Comment

Dontari Poe also didn't do squat in college but since he blew up the combine with jaw dropping numbers (and we all know Ansah has that potential too), he shot all the way to the #11 overall pick last year. It just depends on how much that team's college scouting department loves raw athleticism.
                          Poe played three full years... Ansah? 1.

Comment

enigma,,,,are you truly sold on ansah? you seem to be very knowledgeable.
                            Still think he is a more natural fit at 3-4 myself but he can be a really good 4-3 DE too. Just don't think he is the guy who will get 15+ sacks like you would expect from a highly drafted 4-3 DE. More around 7-12 sacks a season while providing elite run support.

Comment

no,,nor do I see him as 1st rounder,,its just not there. and he was there 3 years,,only started because of injury.
                              Well NFL Scouts do

Comment

Poe played three full years... Ansah? 1.
                                That's even worse for Poe though to have that much lackluster tape and he still went 11th as a DT. Ansah is playing a more valued position too so it wouldn't surprise me to see a downtrodden team roll the dice on him. He could go real early 1st all the way to mid 1st. Just depends on how much work a team wants to invest in him.

Comment

Working...
                                X