Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Per Waltfootball, Giants scout overherad saying "thats my LT" about L.Johnson..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Per Waltfootball, Giants scout overherad saying "thats my LT" about L.Johnson..

    Walt football mocked Lane Johnson to us at pick 20 in todays Mock and at the end of his reasonings why, he said it helps matters that a GIANTS scout was recently overheard saying "Thats my LT" referring to the athletic pass blocker from Oklahoma..

    Obviously i don't know how much truth there is to this, and could mean nothing, but in draft threads, anything GIANTS goes....


    Heres the Pick and stuff walt wrote...


    New York Giants: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
    The offensive tackle position is a mess for the Giants. Will Beatty and Sean Locklear are both free agents, while David Diehl has transformed into a human turnstile recently. This is an area that desperately needs to be addressed to keep Eli Manning from getting too banged up as he advances into his 30s.

    Lane Johnson had a terrific Senior Bowl and is now in top-20 consideration. Sealing the deal here is that a Giants scout was recently overheard saying, "that's my left tackle."

  • #2
    I've heard this story too from some other source. Lane Johnson looked very good.

    Comment


    • #3
      Really like the player but I don't buy the scout saying that as any serious indicator of where we are going. For all we know, he just has Lane Johnson ranked #1 for tackles. We might as well just focus on resigning Beatty and take advantage of the fact the Ts this FA class are deep.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
        Walt football mocked Lane Johnson to us at pick 20 in todays Mock and at the end of his reasonings why, he said it helps matters that a GIANTS scout was recently overheard saying "Thats my LT" referring to the athletic pass blocker from Oklahoma..

        Obviously i don't know how much truth there is to this, and could mean nothing, but in draft threads, anything GIANTS goes....


        Heres the Pick and stuff walt wrote...


        New York Giants: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
        The offensive tackle position is a mess for the Giants. Will Beatty and Sean Locklear are both free agents, while David Diehl has transformed into a human turnstile recently. This is an area that desperately needs to be addressed to keep Eli Manning from getting too banged up as he advances into his 30s.

        Lane Johnson had a terrific Senior Bowl and is now in top-20 consideration. Sealing the deal here is that a Giants scout was recently overheard saying, "that's my left tackle."
        Anyone who compares someone to LT should be kicked in the ding-ding on general principle.

        And then be forced to watch LT film for a month so they know WTF they're talking about next time.
        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
          Anyone who compares someone to LT should be kicked in the ding-ding on general principle.

          And then be forced to watch LT film for a month so they know WTF they're talking about next time.
          That's my left tackle, not that's my Lawrence Taylor

          Comment


          • #6
            I would welocme the Lane Johnson pick at #19..

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
              Really like the player but I don't buy the scout saying that as any serious indicator of where we are going. For all we know, he just has Lane Johnson ranked #1 for tackles. We might as well just focus on resigning Beatty and take advantage of the fact the Ts this FA class are deep.
              Spot on. Scout is probably really high on this guy but it is no indication of the direction the Giants will go in the draft. It only tells us that they like this guy and he's a possibility.

              I think drafting for the O-line is an investment in the future, but a FA will almost always produce as good or better than most rookies.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                That's my left tackle, not that's my Lawrence Taylor
                Some people take offense if you use the letters "LT" to refer to anything other than Taylor, whether it's Left Tackle, Ladanian Tomlinson, Lord & Taylor, Light Truck, or Looney Tunes...

                I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                  Walt football mocked Lane Johnson to us at pick 20 in todays Mock and at the end of his reasonings why, he said it helps matters that a GIANTS scout was recently overheard saying "Thats my LT" referring to the athletic pass blocker from Oklahoma..

                  Obviously i don't know how much truth there is to this, and could mean nothing, but in draft threads, anything GIANTS goes....


                  Heres the Pick and stuff walt wrote...


                  New York Giants: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
                  The offensive tackle position is a mess for the Giants. Will Beatty and Sean Locklear are both free agents, while David Diehl has transformed into a human turnstile recently. This is an area that desperately needs to be addressed to keep Eli Manning from getting too banged up as he advances into his 30s.

                  Lane Johnson had a terrific Senior Bowl and is now in top-20 consideration. Sealing the deal here is that a Giants scout was recently overheard saying, "that's my left tackle."
                  That was from the Matt Miller Walt should be giving him credit for that

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well if it is the pick (most likely not) and we resign Beatty than we will suddenly have a a much improved oline that will be strong for years (at least at the tackle spot).


                    Subscribe to me on YouTube: mlerm17
                    Follow me on Twitter @mlerm17

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                      That's my left tackle, not that's my Lawrence Taylor
                      And now that makes much more sense.

                      My original comment stands though.
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by PBTimmons View Post
                        Spot on. Scout is probably really high on this guy but it is no indication of the direction the Giants will go in the draft. It only tells us that they like this guy and he's a possibility.

                        I think drafting for the O-line is an investment in the future, but a FA will almost always produce as good or better than most rookies.
                        Coulden't agree more.. If anything, it may or may not give us a indicator that were intrested in the player, and hes on our Short list.. Not to mention, just becuase the scout said Left Tackle, dosen't mean he coulden't play RT for a few yrs and then move to LT...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                          That's my left tackle, not that's my Lawrence Taylor
                          lol

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            So would we pay Beatty to be a LT & degrade him to RT? Or pick a Tackle in the top 20 to play RT....sounds kinda like a conflict

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
                              So would we pay Beatty to be a LT & degrade him to RT? Or pick a Tackle in the top 20 to play RT....sounds kinda like a conflict
                              Well, u could always draft Lane Johnson, play em at RT, and resign beatty, and if Beatty leaves after this contract or his play stinks where we let em go before his contracts up, u got Lane Johnson right there waiting in the wings...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X