Mock Draft!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
    You have to consider that the Giants rarely cut a player in his 1st year or they at least get to go on the PS. McCants has to be the worst prospect I've ever seen for the Giants in recent years and even he is still around for us. This team does let most of their rookies play out 2-3 years of their rookie contracts before they are let go. So it is a safe bet to assume that 5th round CB John Doe would be a roster lock heading into 2013.
    That's only true of picks 1-3. Everyone else is expendable (re: Phillip Dillard).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
      That's only true of picks 1-3. Everyone else is expendable (re: Phillip Dillard).
      Even Dillard played out his rookie year. I guess I should have just said that drafted rookies essentially have to murder someone or be involved in some huge bank robbery to be cut from the team.

Comment

You have to consider that the Giants rarely cut a player in his 1st year or they at least get to go on the PS. McCants has to be the worst prospect I've ever seen for the Giants in recent years and even he is still around for us. This team does let most of their rookies play out 2-3 years of their rookie contracts before they are let go. So it is a safe bet to assume that 5th round CB John Doe would be a roster lock heading into 2013.
        Yeah a 5th rounder I dont think they would let loose.The only 1 that hasnt made the roster in recent memory was Bomar. They just dont carry 3 QB's. I actually think Simon is better than he is given credit for and if if the Giants wanted to play a more physical zone system he would be an ideal target. Sanders Cummings is another guy that would work.

Comment

Even Dillard played out his rookie year. I guess I should have just said that drafted rookies essentially have to murder someone or be involved in some huge bank robbery to be cut from the team.
          Under Reese every Draft pick in the first 5 rounds has made the 53 man roster except Bomar

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
            Under Reese every Draft pick in the first 5 rounds has made the 53 man roster except Bomar
            Most of the 6 and 7th rounders have as well, apart from QBs.

2007 everyone made it rookie year
            2008 DE Henderson went on IR, QB Woodson to the practice squad
            2009 was really the fluke year, both the late round CBs they drafted got waived, (largely because UDFA Bruce Johnson outplayed them), Bomar was originally waived and put on the practice squad, but then made the active roster later in the season.
            2010 everyone made it
            2011 everyone made it
            2012 McCants went to the practice squad, Mosley went on IR. Otherwise everyone made it.

So really the rookies are almost guaranteed to make the team, provided they arent either a QB, or a late round OL.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
              My point was that you only keep 8 oline and 4 CBs normally ... so which 6 and 3 do you cut/not sign respectively?

In other words, I think he double (and triple) dipped too much in his mock.

The reason that I picked the players that I did, is because of our serious lack of any talented depth that the G-Men have at both positions and they always seem to need CBs and the O-line needs some more talent. I just don't see the problems with this draft like you do!!

Comment

Originally posted by BiGbLuEcReW10 View Post
                The reason that I picked the players that I did, is because of our serious lack of any talented depth that the G-Men have at both positions and they always seem to need CBs and the O-line needs some more talent. I just don't see the problems with this draft like you do!!
                The giants have a lot of mid/late round developmental OL. Brewer, McCants, and Mosley. So does adding more mid/late round prospects help there? Im not sure. If they dont like what they have in the current guys and are willing to move on from them in year 2, then perhaps. But there is not roster space for all of them. Another possibility is moving them up the depth chart, for instance starting Brewer at RT, and releasing Diehl, that would give extra roster spots for rookies.

CB they take usually 4 or 5, so Webster, Prince, Hosley, and they could probably add another guy or two.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                  The giants have a lot of mid/late round developmental OL. Brewer, McCants, and Mosley. So does adding more mid/late round prospects help there? Im not sure. If they dont like what they have in the current guys and are willing to move on from them in year 2, then perhaps. But there is not roster space for all of them. Another possibility is moving them up the depth chart, for instance starting Brewer at RT, and releasing Diehl, that would give extra roster spots for rookies.

CB they take usually 4 or 5, so Webster, Prince, Hosley, and they could probably add another guy or two.
                  I have no problem with adding more CB competition at the back of the roster. The 1's we have now can easily be upgraded. Would u really be upset if only Web,Prince and Hosley stick from last year I wouldnt care.

Comment

We never seem to have enough CB's on the roster. U need at least 5. Look what happened this year when they put Coe on IR

Comment

I just think with the way that the Oline looked last year having more competition isnt a bad problem to have.

Comment

Originally posted by BiGbLuEcReW10 View Post
                        Obviously since you posted the mock.

Just not a fan of it is all (nothing against you personally bubba).
                        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

And Tryon who they're high on.

I think they pick one CB of note in this draft ... if another CB is taken, it'd more than likely be a UFA.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                            We never seem to have enough CB's on the roster. U need at least 5. Look what happened this year when they put Coe on IR
                            We only carry four on the 53 man roster though iirc.

Comment

I like Ansah but other than that not really in love with this mock.

Comment

Working...
                              X