Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

Ok, so we know that our needs are OL, DL, LB, and CB, but which position do you guys think we address in FA and what do you think we address in the draft?

Personally, I hope we address any of them in the draft except OL. I'd rather us bring in a veteran and hope to land another Locklear.

If it was me I'd draft another CB in the first. We were getting torched in the secondary. If Webby doesn't restructure he is also most likely gone. I don't feel comfortable with our corners being only Prince and Hosely. We need a new MLB and SLB, DT, maybe a DE to replace Osi, and RT...comes down to who is the best player available

Comment

Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
      If it was me I'd draft another CB in the first. We were getting torched in the secondary. If Webby doesn't restructure he is also most likely gone. I don't feel comfortable with our corners being only Prince and Hosely. We need a new MLB and SLB, DT, maybe a DE to replace Osi, and RT...comes down to who is the best player available
      So many holes on this team, surprised we were able to win 9 games

Comment

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
        Ok, so we know that our needs are OL, DL, LB, and CB, but which position do you guys think we address in FA and what do you think we address in the draft?

Personally, I hope we address any of them in the draft except OL. I'd rather us bring in a veteran and hope to land another Locklear.
        I'm in the Oline first camp. A short term deal for an established right tackle and a mid round draft Olineman would work for me
        Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-31-2013, 03:24 PM.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I don't get the fascination with an early round RT myself considering any of them who would be good at the position are much better slated to play on the blind side. Outside of the top 3, the RTs in the 2-4 range either have questionable speed and agility for the edge or have some injury concerns. Here's hoping for some front 7 help on the D.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
            I don't get the fascination with an early round RT myself considering any of them who would be good at the position are much better slated to play on the blind side. Outside of the top 3, the RTs in the 2-4 range either have questionable speed and agility for the edge or have some injury concerns. Here's hoping for some front 7 help on the D.
            We need two better than average tackles and we already have one. RT/LT comes down to who's better on which side. I'm also concerned about our OLine depth in general
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I try and get a free agent RT.. and draft alot of defense

Comment

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
                So many holes on this team, surprised we were able to win 9 games
                I don't think all these holes can be fixed in one year.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  We need two better than average tackles and we already have one. RT/LT comes down to who's better on which side. I'm also concerned about our OLine depth in general
                  But do we need to invest an early round selection to get an above average OT? Lots of RTs in this league are mid to late round selections. It would be ashame if we took an OT in the 1st that isn't named Joeckel, Fisher, or Johnson.

I do agree with your thought on getting more Oline depth though, especially in the interior.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                    But do we need to invest an early round selection to get an above average OT? Lots of RTs in this league are mid to late round selections. It would be ashame if we took an OT in the 1st that isn't named Joeckel, Fisher, or Johnson.

I do agree with your thought on getting more Oline depth though, especially in the interior.
                    Not if we bring in a short term veteran. On defense, and I realize I am in the minority here, we have young players in Tracy and Ojomo that I think we can rely on especially with Tuck and Kiwanuka staying this season. Fortunately. Jerry Reese is not returning my calls

Comment

I honestly dont think we'll spend fa money outside of our fa's. Beatty and Cruz are def our top priorities, but i wouldnt mind another OT, CB, or DL, even a safety as long as it isnt in the 1st 2 rounds
                      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

I think we should draft OL first round, MLB in 2nd or 3rd, OLB depth and a kicker in later rounds.

In FA, primary re-signings should be Beatty, Cruz, and Rivers (only if we can get him for cheaper though). Pick up a CB in free agency (DRC would be one possibility, but only if the price is right). Cut Boley, Diehl, and TT.

DE we should let Ojomo get in on the action on rotations and develop him into a starter, with Kiwi starting for the time being opposite JPP.
                        Last edited by Toadofsteel; 01-31-2013, 04:30 PM.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          Not if we bring in a short term veteran. On defense, and I realize I am in the minority here, we have young players in Tracy and Ojomo that I think we can rely on especially with Tuck and Kiwanuka staying this season. Fortunately. Jerry Reese is not returning my calls
                          Stop calling him collect.
                          Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Comment

Seriously, who even uses collect calling these days? Damn old man :P

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by ibbill View Post
                              Stop calling him collect.
                              Damn

Comment

Working...
                              X