No announcement yet.

Which CB would you take IF thats the way we go

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rhodes is pretty rough around the edges, but I think he has the most upside. I'm surprised teams didn't challenge him as much as he does tend to be over aggressive and flip his hips early in the receiver's routes. But a few more years learning technique and I think he can be a very good NFL corner.

I don't think the gap between Milliner and Poyer is great if there is one at all.

I'm not certain of the love of Banks. By comparison, I felt Jimmy Smith and Dre Kirkpatrick were the better prospects, so I don't know why I continue to see Banks in the early first right after Milliner.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
      We will see I've seen really varied reports about his timed speed. I dont think he would fall out of the 2nd day but if he runs a 4.55 - 4.6 that could be a problem for some teams. At worst he will be looked at as a Nickel back and those do get drafted early 2nd round.
      Hes faster then that.. Its funny becuase for some reason, i think of Joe Haden when i think of Poyer, and Haden ran a bit worse then he was supposed to and is nasty.. Not saying it always works that way, but Poyer is just good... He has a uncanny knack for getting his hand or hands on the ball, and hes so athletic.. Great instincts... Hes going top half of 2nd at worst...

Comment

We will see I've seen really varied reports about his timed speed. I dont think he would fall out of the 2nd day but if he runs a 4.55 - 4.6 that could be a problem for some teams. At worst he will be looked at as a Nickel back and those do get drafted early 2nd round.
        So whos ur answer, anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
          Rhodes is pretty rough around the edges, but I think he has the most upside. I'm surprised teams didn't challenge him as much as he does tend to be over aggressive and flip his hips early in the receiver's routes. But a few more years learning technique and I think he can be a very good NFL corner.

I don't think the gap between Milliner and Poyer is great if there is one at all.

I'm not certain of the love of Banks. By comparison, I felt Jimmy Smith and Dre Kirkpatrick were the better prospects, so I don't know why I continue to see Banks in the early first right after Milliner.
          I tend to agree the most with this.

Rhodes would be my top pick if we're going CB in the first two rounds.
          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
            So whos ur answer, anyways?
            Ive listed who I like before. i would like to see them play a more aggressive zone scheme . If they will do that Xavier Rhodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
              I tend to agree the most with this.

Rhodes would be my top pick if we're going CB in the first two rounds.
              I dont see why Milliner is a Top 5 pick

Comment

Poyer in the 1st? Im not sure about that. I think he could slip to us in the 2nd, although it does seem like his stock is climbing. Milliner is the obvious pick if he is there. after that Id say Rhodes.

I hope we dont go CB at #1 though. We can patch work some FA CBs for next year with CWeb, Prince, Hosley. Will T2 come back for a one year deal? We need to revamp our pass rush which would help the DBs out big time.

Comment

It seemed that he was more a product of the Alabama name than any great shakes himself.

From what I've seen on tape, he has good range and decent speed but otherwise is fairly raw. So yeah, not sure why he'd be a top 5 pick (unless it's based on strength of competition, which a lot of pre-combine stuff is).
                  I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                    It seemed that he was more a product of the Alabama name than any great shakes himself. From what I've seen on tape, he has good range and decent speed but otherwise is fairly raw. So yeah, not sure why he'd be a top 5 pick (unless it's based on strength of competition, which a lot of pre-combine stuff is).
                    So you don't think milliner is the best cover corner in the draft? I think he is without a doubt in my mind.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: mlerm17
                    Follow me on Twitter @mlerm17

Comment

Originally posted by Mlerman17 View Post
                      So you don't think milliner is the best cover corner in the draft? I think he is without a doubt in my mind.
                      Not especially, no. I do see his value for size and athleticism but I don't watch his tape and automatically think "Top of the draft corner". But having said that, I will readily admit to being horrible at judging college-to-pros talent.

Comment

Rhodes seems to fit the mold in regards to CB that the giants look for. I like that he appears to be pretty physical,,needs to wrap up better but is not afraid to stick his head in there,,,I like him.

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                          Rhodes seems to fit the mold in regards to CB that the giants look for. I like that he appears to be pretty physical,,needs to wrap up better but is not afraid to stick his head in there,,,I like him.
                          I like Rhodes as well.. Poyer gets the nod for me, because i think his ball skills play well opposite Prince, but Rhodes physicality and size/speed combonation are very enticing, and i like him as well..

Its a good solid group of CB's this yr..

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                            I like Rhodes as well.. Poyer gets the nod for me, because i think his ball skills play well opposite Prince, but Rhodes physicality and size/speed combonation are very enticing, and i like him as well..

Its a good solid group of CB's this yr..
                            Those are the 2 guys I like. Im not saying they are the 2 best, just the 2 that I think have the most value where they are being projected. I would also say that I like Trufant more than most do.

Every year we talk about "Giant type" players. To me, Rhodes is 1 of the guys atop that list.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                              Those are the 2 guys I like. Im not saying they are the 2 best, just the 2 that I think have the most value where they are being projected. I would also say that I like Trufant more than most do.

Every year we talk about "Giant type" players. To me, Rhodes is 1 of the guys atop that list.
                              U know i'm a trufant fan as well.. If my answer wasen't Poyer and/or Rhodes, it'd of certainly been Trufant.. And i agree, Rhodes does have that "GIANTS PICK" feel to em.. More so then Poyer, i will add...

I'd be very content grabbing one of Leon McFadden, Jamar Taylor, or Darius Slay in the 3rd or if we get real lucky, 4th rd as well... Taylor is physical, can man up, or play zone, and supports the run.. So for that, he kinda reminds me of a giants type pick as well...

Comment

Thank you...I've been saying this too. He's very talented but I don't see him being special in the mold that draft slot commands. He's not a Revis or Sanders and he doesn't have the same value as a Patrick Peterson.

I'd put him more in the 12-20 range.
                                Last edited by titwio; 02-05-2013, 08:31 AM.
                                "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Working...
                                X