Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYG Mock Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NYG Mock Draft

    1. KC- QB Geno Smith
    2. JAC- DT Star Lotulelei
    3. OAK- DE Bjoern Werner
    4. PHI- OT Luke Joeckel
    5. DET- DE Damontre Moore
    6. CLE- WR Cordarelle Patterson
    7. ARI- QB Matt Barkley
    8. BUF- QB Mike Glennon
    9. NYJ- OLB Jarvis Jones
    10. TEN- DE Barkevous Mingo
    11. SD- OT Eric Fisher
    12. MIA- WR Keenan Allen
    13. TB- CB Dee Milliner
    14. CAR- DT Johnthan Hankins
    15. NO- De Dion Jordan
    16. STL- G Chance Warmack
    17. PIT- OLB Alec Ogletree
    18. DAL- DE Ezekiel Anshah
    19. NYG- DT Sheldon Richardson

    Cut Webby, Boley, Diehl.

    Round 1- DT Sheldon Richardson
    Round 2- trade our 2014 first round pick to the Dolphins for both their round 2 draft picks and possibly round 3. Makes a total of 3 Round two picks:
    DE Alex Okafor
    OT DJ Fluker or OG Barret Jones
    ILB Kevin Minter
    Round 3- LB Khaseem Greene CB Jordan Poyer (extra pick from Dolphins)
    Round 4- OT Brian Winters

  • #2
    would'nt trade the 1st next year, gonna be a stud filled draft..can't see JR doing that anyway, but that would be one hell of a draft..!!

    would love if Sheldon Richardson was there at #19..

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
      would'nt trade the 1st next year, gonna be a stud filled draft..can't see JR doing that anyway, but that would be one hell of a draft..!!

      would love if Sheldon Richardson was there at #19..
      Agree with the above... there are going to be some studs in the first round of 2014's draft, but getting Okafor and Fluker/Jones and Minter would be insane.
      2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

      Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
      Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
      Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
      Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
      Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
      Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
      Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

      Comment


      • #4
        Not for nothing, but I think Minter would be a mistake for us. He doesn't have the mobility to play in our scheme, which asks MLB's to cover downfield a lot. He's best-suited for an ILB spot in a 3-4, and I think that's what'll happen. Best ILBs for us would be Alex Ogletree or, dare I say it, Manti Te'o.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by evojutsu View Post
          1. KC- QB Geno Smith
          2. JAC- DT Star Lotulelei
          3. OAK- DE Bjoern Werner
          4. PHI- OT Luke Joeckel
          5. DET- DE Damontre Moore
          6. CLE- WR Cordarelle Patterson
          7. ARI- QB Matt Barkley
          8. BUF- QB Mike Glennon
          9. NYJ- OLB Jarvis Jones
          10. TEN- DE Barkevous Mingo
          11. SD- OT Eric Fisher
          12. MIA- WR Keenan Allen
          13. TB- CB Dee Milliner
          14. CAR- DT Johnthan Hankins
          15. NO- De Dion Jordan
          16. STL- G Chance Warmack
          17. PIT- OLB Alec Ogletree
          18. DAL- DE Ezekiel Anshah
          19. NYG- DT Sheldon Richardson

          Cut Webby, Boley, Diehl.

          Round 1- DT Sheldon Richardson
          Round 2- trade our 2014 first round pick to the Dolphins for both their round 2 draft picks and possibly round 3. Makes a total of 3 Round two picks:
          DE Alex Okafor
          OT DJ Fluker or OG Barret Jones
          ILB Kevin Minter
          Round 3- LB Khaseem Greene CB Jordan Poyer (extra pick from Dolphins)
          Round 4- OT Brian Winters

          Sheldon Richardson is a borderline Top 10 pick and no way he gets by either Dallas (who is switching to a 4-3 defense this year) or the Rams (who need to solidify their interior).

          But yeah should he fall to us, it's almost a no-brainer pick for what we need.

          I don't like mocks with trades in them since that scenario is so unpredictable (but I do like the scenario you envision).
          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

          Comment


          • #6
            Not a fan of mocks that include elaborate trade scenarios, since there is virtually no chance that the trade scenario will ever actually happen.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by evojutsu View Post
              1. KC- QB Geno Smith
              2. JAC- DT Star Lotulelei
              3. OAK- DE Bjoern Werner
              4. PHI- OT Luke Joeckel
              5. DET- DE Damontre Moore
              6. CLE- WR Cordarelle Patterson
              7. ARI- QB Matt Barkley
              8. BUF- QB Mike Glennon
              9. NYJ- OLB Jarvis Jones
              10. TEN- DE Barkevous Mingo
              11. SD- OT Eric Fisher
              12. MIA- WR Keenan Allen
              13. TB- CB Dee Milliner
              14. CAR- DT Johnthan Hankins
              15. NO- De Dion Jordan
              16. STL- G Chance Warmack
              17. PIT- OLB Alec Ogletree
              18. DAL- DE Ezekiel Anshah
              19. NYG- DT Sheldon Richardson

              Cut Webby, Boley, Diehl.

              Round 1- DT Sheldon Richardson
              Round 2- trade our 2014 first round pick to the Dolphins for both their round 2 draft picks and possibly round 3. Makes a total of 3 Round two picks:
              DE Alex Okafor
              OT DJ Fluker or OG Barret Jones
              ILB Kevin Minter
              Round 3- LB Khaseem Greene CB Jordan Poyer (extra pick from Dolphins)
              Round 4- OT Brian Winters
              Why would the Dolphins make that trade its horrible from their standpoint. For the Giants just to get the Dolphins 42nd pick would cost their 1st rounder. No way would they get 2 2nds and a 3rd as well.

              Plenty of precedence for this in the past . Usually when trading picks in future drafts U lose a round. To get a 2nd u have to trade a future 1st. To get a 3rd u have to trade a future 2nd.

              The most recent example I can think of is the Denver Seattle Alphonso Smith trade. The Seahawks traded the 37th overall selection in 2009 to Denver for Denvers 1st in 2010. Its how they got Earl Thomas

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                Why would the Dolphins make that trade its horrible from their standpoint. For the Giants just to get the Dolphins 42nd pick would cost their 1st rounder. No way would they get 2 2nds and a 3rd as well.

                Plenty of precedence for this in the past . Usually when trading picks in future drafts U lose a round. To get a 2nd u have to trade a future 1st. To get a 3rd u have to trade a future 2nd.

                The most recent example I can think of is the Denver Seattle Alphonso Smith trade. The Seahawks traded the 37th overall selection in 2009 to Denver for Denvers 1st in 2010. Its how they got Earl Thomas
                Ya, i realized the same thing when i first read this post, but pretty much coulden't believe anyone would think MIAMI would give that up , so coulden't bring myself to comment..lol

                Comment


                • #9
                  just a dream , but with all these cuts- i think we need to trade down and i will come up with a more believable draft

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X