No announcement yet.

DT in the 1st round

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hoping for offensive line, DT, or LB in round 1.
    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      I still prerfer OT
      Its getting a little bit more clear.
      OT, DT and then possibly LB.
      " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
        If they resign Beatty or take another OT in FA, OT early in the draft isnt that likely. You dont take an OT top 20 to be a right tackle. Unless you have a crap QB and need to rely 100% on the running game.
        Ya, but if u take a guy like Lane Johnson, u could play him at RT, while also keeping in mind, down the rd, u might lose Beatty(after new contract up), and hopefully u got a guy in Lane Johnson u can then slide over to LT.. Also, Beatty has been somewhat injury prone, so a guy like Lane JOhnson could offer verstaility in that he could slide over to LT in case of injury as well.. When Johnson's rook contract is up, and beattys is getting close or is also up(new contract), u would also have options to either let Beatty go and slide Johnson over to LT, or resign both, or whatever...

Comment

No, but you dont have to take a guy at 19 overall in the draft to find a RT. You can find those guys later.
          You can find every positon later, and u can also strike out bigtime.. Later is a huge question mark in the draft or as UDF's..

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
            Ya, but if u take a guy like Lane Johnson, u could play him at RT,
            Except Lane Johnson is not really a RT type player. He is a LT.

This is the strangest forum though, never would believe a place so obsessed with getting guards and right tackles.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
              You can find every positon later, and u can also strike out bigtime.. Later is a huge question mark in the draft or as UDF's..
              Go through any list of the top RTs in the league. How many of them were 1st rounders?

Comment

I just don't see Lane Johnson or Eric Fisher dropping to 19 like a bunch of people want either. There are teams ahead of us with far worse OT situations that will see these guys as future LTs to protect their QB for 10+ years. If you really want a RT in this draft, you could get someone like Menelik Watson in the 3rd, no?

Comment

Regardless of what postion, we need to hit a home run in the 1st/2nd & solid players throughout....We cannot afford a crap draft....

Comment

Bennie Logan,way too small

Comment

Go through any list of the top RTs in the league. How many of them were 1st rounders?
                      It dosen't matter to me about that, becuase if u get a guy like Lane Johnson, ur getting a bookend tackle who projects to be able to handle the blindside as well.. I have no issue having 2 stalwart OT's at both ends of the Oline... And again, down the line if we lose Beatty, we have a guy to put in at LT...

Comment

Originally posted by hugehomer View Post
                        Im not familiar with logan,but Geno Atkins was also "too small" coming out...

Comment

Originally posted by hugehomer View Post
                          Same size as Henry Melton. He would be fine and he could always add weight so it isn't an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                            Its getting a little bit more clear.
                            OT, DT and then possibly LB.
                            Games are won and lost in the trenches
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
                              Was thinking this before Canty got cut, now it seems even more possible. I think we need a DT in the first 2 rounds or in FA because we're very thin at that position right now.

What do you guys think?
                              Maybe they have a starter in mind in FA

Comment

Except Lane Johnson is not really a RT type player. He is a LT.

This is the strangest forum though, never would believe a place so obsessed with getting guards and right tackles.
                                You may be right but don't kid yourself, you don't find " NFL ready " plug and play RT and G in later rounds. Not saying the Giants have to go after RT or G in first day but obviously will depend in what they do signing their own FAs or going after FA veterans or if they will continue cutting guys on roster. But if a team decides to fill a G or RT hole thru the draft then you have to go after them early.
                                " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Working...
                                X