NFL.com Ranks Arthur Brown as The Best LB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL.com Ranks Arthur Brown as The Best LB

I was taking a look at the nfl.com draft tracker when I saw that Arthur Brown had the highest grade out of all LB.

Would you guys be happy if we got Arthur Brown in the first instead of Ogletree or Te'o

Yes Brown is better than both. But is rising up the boards like crazy and the Giants may not have a shot at him. I would hate if they took Te'o he looks slow on tape and struggles to get off of blocks.

Comment

At this point, I don't know. All I know is there's been plenty of draft picks that have been valued high but never pan out. I trust Reese, and that's all I gotta say about that.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
        Yes Brown is better than both. But is rising up the boards like crazy and the Giants may not have a shot at him. I would hate if they took Te'o he looks slow on tape and struggles to get off of blocks.
        And he was nowhere to be found in the Bowl game, not to mention we don't need Eagles Fans taunting him about his Catfish saga.

Comment

I know evveryone is just hating on Te'o right now, but sincerely I believe that everyone that whoever pass on him will be regretting the year after. Yes he is slow to get off blocks, but he has the best instincts, he's a natural ILB and has the size to play it. I think he will try hard in the Combine and by the end of this month he will be back in the top picks of the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by gabriel_1 View Post
            I know evveryone is just hating on Te'o right now, but sincerely I believe that everyone that whoever pass on him will be regretting the year after. Yes he is slow to get off blocks, but he has the best instincts, he's a natural ILB and has the size to play it. I think he will try hard in the Combine and by the end of this month he will be back in the top picks of the draft.
            Right now based on his film he has a 2nd round grade and I don't think his combine and pro day numbers will help him much. The combine interview process is going to be very important for him.

Comment

Browns a nice player but to me a 2nd round pick. Id grade him out about the same as Lavonte David . Ogletree is the best LB in the class even though his tape frustrates me.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                Browns a nice player but to me a 2nd round pick. Id grade him out about the same as Lavonte David . Ogletree is the best LB in the class even though his tape frustrates me.
                Just out of curiosity whats your grade on Te'o?

Comment

Originally posted by gabriel_1 View Post
                  He doesnt really have the size. He was 255 earlier in his college career, and couldnt play in coverage or get sideline to sideline, so he dropped to 235 pounds this season, played real well in coverage, but got destroyed against the bigger OL of Bama.

Hes not any bigger than Arthur Brown. 6'1 235 vs. 6'2 235. Same thing.

Ogletree has more upside than Brown, but Brown is the best inside linebacker in this draft class.
                  Last edited by slipknottin; 02-12-2013, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Brown does has the size to play the ILB, I'm just saying that I think Te'o does too.
                    I like the three of them, I'd rather Ogletree in the first, but I'm sure that a lot will change after the combine, mainly because he is super athletic and a lot of teams will fall in love with him.

Comment

I love Brown in the 2nd, if we miss out on Ogletree.. starting to think he might be gone

Comment

Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
                        Just out of curiosity whats your grade on Te'o?
                        Had him in the Top 15 early in the season to a 3-4 team. The more games I went through the Alabama game especially and then the weirdness . 2nd round might get worse depends on how he tests.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                          Ogletree has more upside than Brown, but Brown is the best inside linebacker in this draft class.
                          Considering how many mention this on these boards I get the impression that Ogletree is boom/bust. Is he similar to a Pierre Paul prospect? When we picked Pierre Paul we knew he could develop and wouldn't be an instant starter.

I'm just not sure we have the right environment at LB for a potential project/ high round LB who might not start from day one.

Comment

Still lots of time between now and the draft day, this would be a good pick up in the right area. Still think if we have a shot at a good DE we should go for that in the first. That or a CB, which they will sorely need...

Comment

Originally posted by PBTimmons View Post
                              Considering how many mention this on these boards I get the impression that Ogletree is boom/bust. Is he similar to a Pierre Paul prospect? When we picked Pierre Paul we knew he could develop and wouldn't be an instant starter.

I'm just not sure we have the right environment at LB for a potential project/ high round LB who might not start from day one.

Well ogletree can run and cover. He just may need to start off on the weakside where he can be protected by the DT in front of him. He is not good with his hands and gets walled off by OL easily.

It's probably coachable, but it's something that will likely prevent him from starting off in the middle early in his career.

Comment

Working...
                              X