Giants to target TE in First Round?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants to target TE in First Round?

According to Mel Kiper's infinite NFL knowledge, the Giants may be looking to go TE in the 1st round.

The question is why? Bennet was damn solid. Robinson has yet to see the field. We always have Pascoe. And I'm sure we could bring in a cheap FA TE for security reasons.

Why do we need a TE in round 1? How about an OL or DL or LB?

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013-nfl-...ew-york-giants
    Last edited by CowboysSuck; 02-13-2013, 02:23 PM.

There was one NFL writer that projected us taking Tyler Eifert while leaving Ansah and Johnson on the board...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Because Mel Kiper is a moron.

And even though the Giants typically go with the best player on the board round 1 I would be irate as they have much more pressing needs to fill which I don't believe they'll address before the draft.

Comment

If the guy was the next Antonio Gates I wouldn't mind much.

Comment

Two words.....Adrien Robinson.......take TE off the board as a need.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
            There was one NFL writer that projected us taking Tyler Eifert while leaving Ansah and Johnson on the board...

eifert is a stud although we have other needs i couldnt and wouldnt be made if we drafted him
            sigpic
            FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

poo poo Kiper

Comment

Well if kiper said it then it must be true!!!!

Comment

RB and TE in the first round in back to back drafts...Yeah, seems legit

Comment

I like Mike Mayock in the rounds 1-2, and Mel Kiper rounds 3-7. Kiper knows a ton about everyone, including the guys getting drafted in the last couple of rounds, but Mayock knows more about the teams drafting the players in the first couple of rounds.

Comment

A TE IMO is not worth 19th overall pick. That would be saying that Eifert, Ertz or Kelce is the 19th best player in the draft....which is a ridiculous notion. Even if the Giants lose Bennett, I very much doubt Reese would prioritize filling that role in the first round.

Gronkowski, Jimmy Graham, Kyle Rudolph....those guys didn't go in the first round. The only reason Vernon Davis went in round one was because he tore up the combine and ran a 4.3. None of the guys this year will do that.

What I'm trying to say is....NO WAY the Giants take a TE at 19.
                      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                        A TE IMO is not worth 19th overall pick. That would be saying that Eifert, Ertz or Kelce is the 19th best player in the draft....which is a ridiculous notion. Even if the Giants lose Bennett, I very much doubt Reese would prioritize filling that role in the first round.

Gronkowski, Jimmy Graham, Kyle Rudolph....those guys didn't go in the first round. The only reason Vernon Davis went in round one was because he tore up the combine and ran a 4.3. None of the guys this year will do that.

What I'm trying to say is....NO WAY the Giants take a TE at 19.

I tend to agree with this. Reese touted Robinson as the JPP of tight ends. While he may still be developing, if they don't sign Bennett, which I think they will do, I just don't see us going with a TE in the first round when we need so much more help
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Whatever Mel says, the opposite is bound to occur.

Comment

McShay >>>>>> Kiper

Comment

We're going to listen to a guy (Mel Kiper Jr) who's hair hasn't moved since 1985?

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

Working...
                              X