Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DE position, a need ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Why not? 6ft 4in 270lbs, who prooved what kinda pass rusher he could possibly be with his preseason last yr.. Judging from his body type, looks to be in great shape.. I don't see why he cant be a 7-12 sack guy, given the reps...
    Against 3rd teamers. The OT play is dreadful in that video .Not just sacks either but consistently force pressure. Physically he isnt very explosive. Nowhere near the level of burst of an elite edge rusher. He would have to improve leaps and bounds quickness wise over this off season.Its fine if they want to develop him but I think they are crazy if they are counting on him for Osi production. Im not talking low level Osi production because that isnt helpful. This team needs the pass rushers to get home
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-14-2013, 07:47 AM.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
      Against 3rd teamers. The OT play is dreadful in that video .Not just sacks either but consistently force pressure. Physically he isnt very explosive. Nowhere near the level of burst of an elite edge rusher. He would have to improve leaps and bounds quickness wise over this off season.Its fine if they want to develop him but I think they are crazy if they are counting on him for Osi production. Im not talking low level Osi production because that isnt helpful. This team needs the pass rushers to get home
      Its a risk , but they see him in practice all the time, and i'm sure have a idea what to expect outta him and what he can or can't accomplish.. Regardless of the comp last preseason, those were guys right on the edge of NFL careers, and he was outter worldly... Hes got talent, and the size to help against the run as well.. Im interested in seeing him this yr...

      Comment


      • #18
        what about Dion Jordan.. could play strong side LB and move to DE on passing downs..

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
          They need to add a pass rusher whether its a 3tech , a LB,DE doesnt matter. Osi is gone ,Tuck is on his last legs. U cant count on Ojomo to fill the Shoes of All Pro level players like that. Could he be Dave Tollefson? yes but your asking alot of him to be a 10 sack edge rusher.
          Perfectly put.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
            Any time it's not a strength, it's a need.
            Especially when our defensive philosophy depends on getting a consistent pass rush. No pass rush, no defense

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
              Its a risk , but they see him in practice all the time, and i'm sure have a idea what to expect outta him and what he can or can't accomplish.. Regardless of the comp last preseason, those were guys right on the edge of NFL careers, and he was outter worldly... Hes got talent, and the size to help against the run as well.. Im interested in seeing him this yr...
              I dont see other worldly at all. I see a player beating 3rd stringers with motor not physical talent. i dont see that translating well against 1st team Tackles. He has size yes but he really doesnt have many redeeming qualities as a pass rusher besides a motor. His first step is way below average for a weakside end.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                I dont see other worldly at all. I see a player beating 3rd stringers with motor not physical talent. i dont see that translating well against 1st team Tackles. He has size yes but he really doesnt have many redeeming qualities as a pass rusher besides a motor. His first step is way below average for a weakside end.
                Who were they? Obviously there guys ont eh cusp of making NFL rosters and were some of the best college players around, adn he did stick around the entire time,w hcih means alot of the scrubs as u say, had been cut all ready, right? I don't care how he gets to the qb, as long as he does.. He obviously did something right, he made the team and stuck around for a entire season and is still with us to this day..

                Comment


                • #23
                  I'm still amused that 4 sacks for Ojomo means he's a superstar, but Broha got 3.5 sacks. And nobody talks about him at all.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                    I'm still amused that 4 sacks for Ojomo means he's a superstar, but Broha got 3.5 sacks. And nobody talks about him at all.
                    Slip do us see elite pass rushing ability? NYGiants Central has a great cut up on Youtube he is pretty slow off the line.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                      I'm still amused that 4 sacks for Ojomo means he's a superstar, but Broha got 3.5 sacks. And nobody talks about him at all.
                      I don't know that means Ojomo is a superstar but FO gave him a roster spot, they saw something in him and were afraid of losing him on the practice squad, at the least the Giants saw quality depth, don't know if he will turn out to be starter material but next year he has to be accountable for that roster spot.
                      " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                        Who were they? Obviously there guys ont eh cusp of making NFL rosters and were some of the best college players around, adn he did stick around the entire time,w hcih means alot of the scrubs as u say, had been cut all ready, right? I don't care how he gets to the qb, as long as he does.. He obviously did something right, he made the team and stuck around for a entire season and is still with us to this day..
                        The thing is what if how he does it against 1 level of tackle wont work against elite tackles. I personally am much more interested in how its getting done. How translates , how is concrete and visible.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                          I don't know that means Ojomo is a superstar but FO gave him a roster spot, they saw something in him and were afraid of losing him on the practice squad, at the least the Giants saw quality depth, don't know if he will turn out to be starter material but next year he has to be accountable for that roster spot.
                          Im not doubting he can contribute in some way. Im just saying I dont see a player that is replacing Osi at his best

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I too want to see what Ojomo can do and really like Tracey but considering uck is on his last legs and not sure how Kiwi translates anymore we need to get a DE in the first 3 picks that will be able tot start in a year or 2. Ansah, Okafor, Hunt.. these guys are whom we target.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                              I don't know that means Ojomo is a superstar but FO gave him a roster spot, they saw something in him and were afraid of losing him on the practice squad, at the least the Giants saw quality depth, don't know if he will turn out to be starter material but next year he has to be accountable for that roster spot.
                              I honestly almost laughed when i seen they brought up superstar..lol No ones calling a 2nd yr player a superstar..lol The guy has the measurables, motor, and strength to be a good solid DE in this league, and at least enough to grab a 3rd spot and be effective behind Tuck and JPP, and be able to leave KIWI out at SLB, and let us be able to take the prospect we want, instead of feeling the need to draft DE no matter what.. Hes showed enough in that preseason in my opinon to be given a shot.. I don't care how small the sample size, he showed legit ability..

                              People knock em for only showing his ability in preseason, like guys don't get there ticket to the NFL by doing the same thing... Cruz being one of them.. Thats the whole point of having these guys play, is to see if one of em was slipped by, by scouts.. He certainly showed hes got some skill, and hopefully with the coaching hes been getting, he'll be able to take that Motor and Size and turn it into more production for us..

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by dannyboomboom1 View Post
                                I too want to see what Ojomo can do and really like Tracey but considering uck is on his last legs and not sure how Kiwi translates anymore we need to get a DE in the first 3 picks that will be able tot start in a year or 2. Ansah, Okafor, Hunt.. these guys are whom we target.
                                First 3picks, all day long! My point is this, its not the end of the world if we don't get a DE in the 1st rd, becasue we got someone whos developmental and has stuff u can't teach like Motor(u can't be taught this) and Size.. Definetly would be stupid to not give this kid a real look after what he accomplished last preseason, showing clear as day ability..

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X