DE position, a need ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I honestly almost laughed when i seen they brought up superstar..lol No ones calling a 2nd yr player a superstar..lol The guy has the measurables, motor, and strength to be a good solid DE in this league, and at least enough to grab a 3rd spot and be effective behind Tuck and JPP, and be able to leave KIWI out at SLB, and let us be able to take the prospect we want, instead of feeling the need to draft DE no matter what.. Hes showed enough in that preseason in my opinon to be given a shot.. I don't care how small the sample size, he showed legit ability..

People knock em for only showing his ability in preseason, like guys don't get there ticket to the NFL by doing the same thing... Cruz being one of them.. Thats the whole point of having these guys play, is to see if one of em was slipped by, by scouts.. He certainly showed hes got some skill, and hopefully with the coaching hes been getting, he'll be able to take that Motor and Size and turn it into more production for us..
    Cruz is an explosive athlete with quick twitch reflexes.Ojomo is heavy footed

Comment

I honestly almost laughed when i seen they brought up superstar..lol No ones calling a 2nd yr player a superstar..lol The guy has the measurables, motor, and strength to be a good solid DE in this league, and at least enough to grab a 3rd spot and be effective behind Tuck and JPP, and be able to leave KIWI out at SLB, and let us be able to take the prospect we want, instead of feeling the need to draft DE no matter what.. Hes showed enough in that preseason in my opinon to be given a shot.. I don't care how small the sample size, he showed legit ability..

People knock em for only showing his ability in preseason, like guys don't get there ticket to the NFL by doing the same thing... Cruz being one of them.. Thats the whole point of having these guys play, is to see if one of em was slipped by, by scouts.. He certainly showed hes got some skill, and hopefully with the coaching hes been getting, he'll be able to take that Motor and Size and turn it into more production for us..
      That's the writing on the wall I'm seeing but I surely feel need aside that if a stud DE is sitting when time comes to pick at any round Reese is going to pull the trigger. That been said, like mention before the Giants didn't carried him in the roster last year for nothing , he will get a shot and at least FO expects him to bring quality depth.
      " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
        That's the writing on the wall I'm seeing but I surely feel need aside that if a stud DE is sitting when time comes to pick at any round Reese is going to pull the trigger. That been said, like mention before the Giants didn't carried him in the roster last year for nothing , he will get a shot and at least FO expects him to bring quality depth.
        Thats all im saying.. I'm fine with taking a DE in RD1, but i woulden't go forgetting about this guy yet..

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
          Cruz is an explosive athlete with quick twitch reflexes.Ojomo is heavy footed
          Cruz is fast, no doubt, but hes far from explosive.. Thats half the reason he ended up at UMASS and not a school like Miami, is becuase hes not explosive, and at first look, you would think just another WR.. But he excels after the catch, and is slippery WR that can make people miss, and then yes, hes fast enough to get where hes gotta go, as most guys his size are that play WR..

Comment

You cannot rely on s guy like ojomo at the second most important position on the team.

Comment

Cruz is fast, no doubt, but hes far from explosive.. Thats half the reason he ended up at UMASS and not a school like Miami, is becuase hes not explosive, and at first look, you would think just another WR.. But he excels after the catch, and is slippery WR that can make people miss, and then yes, hes fast enough to get where hes gotta go, as most guys his size are that play WR..
              Does Cruz measure up physically to a 2nd round slot receiver like Steve Smith yes does Ojomo match up physically to 2nd rd weakside end like Umenyoria not even close. Ojomo has the initial burst of a DT and im not exaggerating. I hope the guy does well but I dont see how he will be anything more than Dave Tollefson

Comment

Depending on how we look going into the draft, these guys look good on paper and could be available:
                - Alec Ogletree- OLB/ILB (1st)
                - Sylvester Williams- DT (2nd/3rd)
                - Nico Johnson- OLB (3rd/4th)
                NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                Garrett Bolles - OT
                David Njoku - TE
                Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                  Does Cruz measure up physically to a 2nd round slot receiver like Steve Smith yes does Ojomo match up physically to 2nd rd weakside end like Umenyoria not even close. Ojomo has the initial burst of a DT and im not exaggerating. I hope the guy does well but I dont see how he will be anything more than Dave Tollefson
                  To be honest, i think Dave Tollefson would of been a 6-10 sack a season guy had he not been behind some of the best pass rushers in giants history... I also think u exagerate his burst.. THe guy can get to the QB, and u give em reps, he'll do just that.. And most WR"s match up physically to each other, thats not much of a arguement there.. I mean,t heres guys who run sub 4.5's and have size that don't sniff playing time... Cruz simply knows how to play the game of football and he now has a legit QB throwing em the ball, so it shows.. U put Cruz on the browns, and no one knows who he is or cares..

Anyways, back to the subject at hand.. Ojomo showed me enough to give him a strong look, and i mean STRONG, this preseason... I think he'll fit just nice in a rotation, where hes on the field alot more then he was last yr.. I'd be shocked if he dosen't have at least 5-8sacks based on what i saw.. Dudes a beast!

Comment

I am excited to see what Ojo can do,,he has to get a shot this year,right?

Comment

To be honest, i think Dave Tollefson would of been a 6-10 sack a season guy had he not been behind some of the best pass rushers in giants history...
                      Then you should be delighted to know that he's just been cut from a team where, for the vast majority of the year, had less sacks than JJ Watt (and only finished with 4.5 more).

Tolly was an average to below-average defensive end in his time here, and he proved he isn't a starter in this league. I'm glad this myth has been debunked.
                      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Thats all im saying.. I'm fine with taking a DE in RD1, but i woulden't go forgetting about this guy yet..
                        With Reese every draft its always an adventure, this year ? no different IMHO, enjoy the ride !
                        " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                          Then you should be delighted to know that he's just been cut from a team where, for the vast majority of the year, had less sacks than JJ Watt (and only finished with 4.5 more).

Tolly was an average to below-average defensive end in his time here, and he proved he isn't a starter in this league. I'm glad this myth has been debunked.
                          Yeah he was depth nothing more. Was never a starting quality player.
                          Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-15-2013, 08:15 AM.

Comment

To be honest, i think Dave Tollefson would of been a 6-10 sack a season guy had he not been behind some of the best pass rushers in giants history... I also think u exagerate his burst.. THe guy can get to the QB, and u give em reps, he'll do just that.. And most WR"s match up physically to each other, thats not much of a arguement there.. I mean,t heres guys who run sub 4.5's and have size that don't sniff playing time... Cruz simply knows how to play the game of football and he now has a legit QB throwing em the ball, so it shows.. U put Cruz on the browns, and no one knows who he is or cares..

Anyways, back to the subject at hand.. Ojomo showed me enough to give him a strong look, and i mean STRONG, this preseason... I think he'll fit just nice in a rotation, where hes on the field alot more then he was last yr.. I'd be shocked if he dosen't have at least 5-8sacks based on what i saw.. Dudes a beast!
                            If u think Tolly was was a quality starting end then Im just going to stop the conversation because its pointless. I think the only reason the guy was effective at all was because better players surrounded him.

Im not at all exaggerating I see DT's that are quicker from there stance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6GvudiqTQ0
                            Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-15-2013, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post

+1

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                                I am excited to see what Ojo can do,,he has to get a shot this year,right?
                                If we go into this season planning for Ojomo to have any more than a back-up type role, our defense will be worse than last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X