DE position, a need ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DE position, a need ?

Seeing how Tuck's ability is declining, getting long in the tooth and a well know history of injuries is hard to believe the Giants are giving him a long term contract , heck they are letting him playout his contract, even if they wanted to give him an extension that's practically impossible right now. Question here could be is there a DE pass rusher worthy of spending a 1st or 2nd round this year and do the Giants envision resigning Tuck next year when his contract ends up?
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

I really like Okafor. I just think he's a can't miss type of guy if he stays healthy.
    2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
    Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
    Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
    Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
    Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
    Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
    Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSabbath View Post
      I really like Okafor. I just think he's a can't miss type of guy if he stays healthy.
      You feel he can be a JPP kind of player to spend the 1st round draft pick on him as BPA ?

Comment

Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
        You feel he can be a JPP kind of player to spend the 1st round draft pick on him as BPA ?
        I dont think so. He wont be that good

Comment

Pass rusher is our biggest need.

Comment

I'd like a DE around pick #4 or #5.. I'll roll with JPP, Kiwi, Tuck, Ojomo & Tracy, really want to see Ojomo out there..

Comment

De isn't a need but a luxury. However it prob will turn into a need next year so if we take one we will be prepared with a player waiting in the wings. But taking one this year will not help us fill our needs at ol/lb/dt/cb

Subscribe to me on YouTube: mlerm17
              Follow me on Twitter @mlerm17

Comment

Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
                They need to add a pass rusher whether its a 3tech , a LB,DE doesnt matter. Osi is gone ,Tuck is on his last legs. U cant count on Ojomo to fill the Shoes of All Pro level players like that. Could he be Dave Tollefson? yes but your asking alot of him to be a 10 sack edge rusher.
                Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-13-2013, 09:26 PM.

Comment

I wonder if it's better to get a Sheldon Richardson type of DT that'll eat up space on the inside and make life easier for Tuck and JPP

Comment

Ezekiel Ansah is one player I would of like to have

Comment

Originally posted by Mlerman17 View Post
                      De isn't a need but a luxury. However it prob will turn into a need next year so if we take one we will be prepared with a player waiting in the wings. But taking one this year will not help us fill our needs at ol/lb/dt/cb
                      A " luxury " in paper but if Tuck goes down this year or his nagging injuries come back then it would not be a luxury. And if someone is available and/or BPA is at reach then it would be an intelligent move. i don't think Tuck is coming back in 14, Nicks contract is up and probably Cruz too if tendered. That been said with Beatty and Boothe not signed OL is top priority IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post
                        I wonder if it's better to get a Sheldon Richardson type of DT that'll eat up space on the inside and make life easier for Tuck and JPP
                        Very athletic player but I don't know if his " lack " of size is going to be a problem playing in the NFL. In the end if it all comes down to a DT in the 1st round I will jump in the air if big Jonhathan Hankins is available and gets drafted by the Giants.

Comment

Any time it's not a strength, it's a need.
                          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                            They need to add a pass rusher whether its a 3tech , a LB,DE doesnt matter. Osi is gone ,Tuck is on his last legs. U cant count on Ojomo to fill the Shoes of All Pro level players like that. Could he be Dave Tollefson? yes but your asking alot of him to be a 10 sack edge rusher.
                            Why not? 6ft 4in 270lbs, who prooved what kinda pass rusher he could possibly be with his preseason last yr.. Judging from his body type, looks to be in great shape.. I don't see why he cant be a 7-12 sack guy, given the reps...

Comment

Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
                              I won"t go as far to say that DE is our biggest need bro, but will say it stopped being a strength.

Comment

Working...
                              X