Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    larry fitzgerald, too
    Obviously in terms of overall play Larry Fitz is up there at a hall of fame level, but in terms of "jaw dropping" athletiscm, I'm pretty sure Calvin johnson is the only person in the history of the world to measure 6'5" 240, run a 4.35 40 and have a verticle of 42.5inches....

Speaking of jaw dropping athletiscm, I would of loved to see what Lebron Jame's combine numbers would of been at 21 years old....Kind of random, but the guy is hands down the greatest athlete of this generation

Comment

Originally posted by juice33s View Post
      Obviously in terms of overall play Larry Fitz is up there at a hall of fame level, but in terms of "jaw dropping" athletiscm, I'm pretty sure Calvin johnson is the only person in the history of the world to measure 6'5" 240, run a 4.35 40 and have a verticle of 42.5inches....

Speaking of jaw dropping athletiscm, I would of loved to see what Lebron Jame's combine numbers would of been at 21 years old....Kind of random, but the guy is hands down the greatest athlete of this generation
      Julio Jones is no joke either.. In terms of athletic ability, speed, and overall pass catching ability.. Shoot, Roddy White was a speed demon at his size with extreme athletic ability, hence going 1st rd from little ole UAB...

Comment

(Clears throat) Calvin Johnson
        If he means in terms of an elusive play making WR, I can see where the OP is coming from. Patterson in that way kinda reminds me a bit of Peter Warrick. Warrick was one of the most exciting college players I ever saw.

For those here who've never seen Warrick play....watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1KfXUen5G4
        "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
          If he means in terms of an elusive play making WR, I can see where the OP is coming from. Patterson in that way kinda reminds me a bit of Peter Warrick. Warrick was one of the most exciting college players I ever saw.

For those here who've never seen Warrick play....watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1KfXUen5G4
          Peter Warrick was one of my favorites too...Have you seen Tavon Austin? He's as elusive as pretty much anyone

Comment

Peter Warrick was one of my favorites too...Have you seen Tavon Austin? He's as elusive as pretty much anyone
            Oh yeah....I watched almost every WV game this year. Austin is a beast....so is Bailey. Can't wait to see these guys perform at the combine.

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
              If he means in terms of an elusive play making WR, I can see where the OP is coming from. Patterson in that way kinda reminds me a bit of Peter Warrick. Warrick was one of the most exciting college players I ever saw. For those here who've never seen Warrick play....watch thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1KfXUen5G4
              Oh my was Warrick great at FSU.. Not so much on the Bengals though

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                Oh my was Warrick great at FSU.. Not so much on the Bengals though
                I was actually sad when he didn't make it. I used to watch him on TV as a kid thinking he was some kind of superhero or something.

Comment

Yea, all the WR's mentioned are great Wideouts, but can Calvin Johnson return kickoffs/punts like this guy? i think not..this guy had a run like David Wilson had against clemson, where he eluded four oncoming defenders and reversed field for over a 20 yard gain. This guy is gonna be this years stephen hill at the combine and all over sports science lol

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
                    Yea, all the WR's mentioned are great Wideouts, but can Calvin Johnson return kickoffs/punts like this guy? i think not..this guy had a run like David Wilson had against clemson, where he eluded four oncoming defenders and reversed field for over a 20 yard gain. This guy is gonna be this years stephen hill at the combine and all over sports science lol
                    Yeah buyt Calvin John was light years better as a WR. Patterson struggled to get separation this season. He was shut down by good CB's

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                      Yeah buyt Calvin John was light years better as a WR. Patterson struggled to get separation this season. He was shut down by good CB's
                      He looks to be a gadget player who can add some explosiveness to an offense, but yea probably not a true, reliable, number one receiver. Still, some team is going to have a lot of fun with this guy. If the Vikings are still having trouble with Harvin, Patterson could be a capable replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
                        He looks to be a gadget player who can add some explosiveness to an offense, but yea probably not a true, reliable, number one receiver. Still, some team is going to have a lot of fun with this guy. If the Vikings are still having trouble with Harvin, Patterson could be a capable replacement.
                        I agree 100% about the Vikings. I have a lot of friends that are Vikes fans (moved from NY to SD haha) they are all over the place here. All of them are praying for Patterson.

He reminds me a lot of Warrick from the elusiveness standpoint. I think this kid could do some serious damage if put into the right system. If the Vikes cant hold onto Harvin I think they could do a lot of the same things they do with him but Harvin looks like the more physical runner.If we did not have Nicks and Cruz with Randle and some other talented WRs who haven't found their place yet (Jernigan and Barden) I would honestly love to see the Giants get this kid. You dont see many 6'3 WRs that quick and elusive making insane highlight plays in his 1st D1 year in the SEC very often. Kid should be exciting to watch thats for sure. I just hope whoever gets him (even the Giants but I doubt it) can figure a way to get him the ball in open space and just let him do what he does.
                        sigpic
                        S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                        ________________________________________________________
                        Mock Draft
                        1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                        4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                        6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                        ________________________________________________________
                        Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

In terms of future dollars replacing a potentially huge contract with a much cheaper Draft pick may be a very wise move. That does leave some money for other FAs that could help fill some holes.

Comment

Keep The Coradelle Patterson "dream" alive lol I know we could go Okafor, even Warmack would be a nice fit at Guard to open some holes for Wilson and Brown. But patterson will be one of the bettter special teamers for years to come and we can't have WIlson returning kicks all the time as he is gonna be our feature back. Plus Randle lost his PR duties. Patterson would give us that really good starting field position, no he won't be able to replace a vic cruz or nicks but not so sure we can pay both. And if we can retain Cruz, Eli's go to guy, Patterson could be that dynamic wideout playmaker(he's 6'3) replacement for the oft injured nicks, plus he's not just taking up a roster spot like Barden at WR, he can play ST, even RB. saw him do an option QB play he threw for a TD.

My Loaded Mock

RD1 Coradelle Patterson WR
                            RD2 Tyrann Mattheiu CB/S
                            RD3 Shane Skov MLB
                            RD4 Brian Winters OT(replace Beatty)
                            RD5 Dion Sims MSU TE
                            RD6 Quanterus if he can return from ACL DE
                            RD7 Clint Sturgis K

Comment

Working...
                            X