Why would we draft a DEnd?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would we draft a DEnd?

I hear some talk of the Giants should be looking for a dend in the first round because we lost Osi...... but we already have a a dend, anybody remember that kiwi is a dend and shouldnt be playing lb. we should just pixk up a real lb for once and just throw kiwi back down and use the first round pick on somthing we need like a corner back, offensive lineman, dtackle, or a real linebacker instead of taking our former first round draft pick who is a dend and making him a linebacker... Thoughts, feed back??

Feel like its a no brainer especially when he is a way better dend then linebacker

Comment

The idea of not taking a DE is starting to really grow on me. If Kiwi goes back to DE or Tracy/Ojomo show us something, this might not really be a necessary move. DT, OL, CB, LB are all of more need it seems.

I'll admit I was on the Ansah bandwagon for a while but now I'm starting to think maybe we should take Richardson or Ogletree.

Comment

Giants dont have any natural pass rushers thats why. Osi was the only edge rusher on the team. Tuck looks finished, Kiwi is solid Id like to see him get more snaps instead of Tuck at SDE. It doesnt have to be a DE The Giants just need another elite pass rusher whether that be a LB , 3 Tech, or DE. That pass rush has to get better and im not optimistic about Ojomo or Tracy contributing more than Tollefson

Comment

You can never have too many pass rushers.

Comment

I like Kawaan Short Purdue..can pressure up the middle, what austin was supposed to do for us.

DE i like Quanterus Smith, guy performed against top competition even had DJ Fluker frustrated and he shoved him down after he batted down a Mc Carron Pass. If he impresses at the combine, passes his physicals that he can play..4th round for sure if he's still there..He's kinda like Jared Crick Nebraska, was a beast before he tore his pec..then fell to the 4th to the texans.

Comment

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
              The idea of not taking a DE is starting to really grow on me. If Kiwi goes back to DE or Tracy/Ojomo show us something, this might not really be a necessary move. DT, OL, CB, LB are all of more need it seems.

I'll admit I was on the Ansah bandwagon for a while but now I'm starting to think maybe we should take Richardson or Ogletree.
              I really hope that either Ogletree or Richardson is there.. I can't see using a early pick on a DE

Comment

Kiwi is not the answer. Although his grandfather was the first prime minister of Uganda, he's not the DE he was in '06. We must acquire at least 1 more DE...either in draft or FA
                Last edited by CowboysSuck; 02-15-2013, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Because Tuck is a has been and Kiwi is not that great.

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
                    I like Kawaan Short Purdue..can pressure up the middle, what austin was supposed to do for us.

DE i like Quanterus Smith, guy performed against top competition even had DJ Fluker frustrated and he shoved him down after he batted down a Mc Carron Pass. If he impresses at the combine, passes his physicals that he can play..4th round for sure if he's still there..He's kinda like Jared Crick Nebraska, was a beast before he tore his pec..then fell to the 4th to the texans.
                    Q Smith tore his ACL dont know how eager Id be to draft him. Maponga from TCU ciuld be good value,Michael Buchanan illinois 2

Comment

Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
                      Kiwi is not the answer. He's not the DE he was in '06. We must acquire at least 1 more DE...either in draft or FA
                      I'll tell you what he is: better that Tuck at this point; unless Tuck really improves his game. There's no way Kiwi could be worst than Osi on those outside runs either.

I just think out of Kiwi, Tracy, and Ojomo, someone will outperform Tuck and take that spot. That Should be sufficient enough along with JPP and a better DT like Richardson with Linval.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
                        Because Tuck is a has been and Kiwi is not that great.
                        truth hurts, but its the truth

Comment

atleast there are bodies at DE.. who plays next to Joseph? the LBs.. haha and the corners can't stay healthy

Comment

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
                            I'll tell you what he is: better that Tuck at this point; unless Tuck really improves his game. There's no way Kiwi could be worst than Osi on those outside runs either.

I just think out of Kiwi, Tracy, and Ojomo, someone will outperform Tuck and take that spot. That Should be sufficient enough along with JPP and a better DT like Richardson with Linval.
                            Kiwi? hes 30 and on the decline. Hes not a true DE because we already ****ed that up.

Tracy? Havent seen anything to suggest he is starter material

Ojomo? Ok, he had a good preseason. I was excited about him too, but he didnt play all year. What does that tell us?

Tuck? Hes had like 7 sacks in 2 years combined. Hes just a gap filler.

IMO we have only 1 true starting DE, and thats JPP.

Sooo...all those names you mentioned....wheres the permanent, producing starter opposite JPP? And what if someone gets hurt?

You are not thinking logically.

Comment

Lol I ask myself the same question almost every year, and then we pick another DE, lol. I guess its just up to whos left at our pick. Reese and Coughlin seem to stick to there boards, whoever is the best available on there charts, they pick, regardless of team needs. We stole JPP, so I trust Reese to get us the best guy available.

Comment

Working...
                              X