Mayock's Top 5 at each position

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
    hope so.. would be a fan of Floyd at #19..
    I would have no problem with Floyd at 19 if Richardson was gone especially. If both are gone, I sure hope Reese grabs one of the next tier of DTs in the 2nd or 3rd rd.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt830 View Post
      I would have no problem with Floyd at 19 if Richardson was gone especially. If both are gone, I sure hope Reese grabs one of the next tier of DTs in the 2nd or 3rd rd.
      I just don't want Jenkins or Hankins in the 1st..

Comment

I just don't want Jenkins or Hankins in the 1st..
        correct me if Im wrong, but are they more of the big space eaters as opposed to a 3 tech? I have seen some posters here that like that kid from Bama, Jesse Williams, I believe?

Maybe they look at drafting Short or Sylvester Williams in the 2nd or 3rd rds should they miss out on Richardson or Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Broadway Blue View Post
          Alec Ogletree or Ezekiel Ansah I would be very happy with
          Ogletree is my pick......so Reese won't pick him.
          I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

hope so.. would be a fan of Floyd at #19..
            If they were to chose a DT in the first my boy Johnthan Hankins is my pick . Make no mistake he is a beast. Very athletic for his size, played in Big Ten against huge O-Lines and by far hands down a better player than Shariff. I don"t know why Mayock has Floyd as his 1st and Johnathan at 5 th. I'm no expert but you don't have to be one to see how's the better prospect.
            " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
              If they were to chose a DT in the first my boy Johnthan Hankins is my pick . Make no mistake he is a beast. Very athletic for his size, played in Big Ten against huge O-Lines and by far hands down a better player than Shariff. I don"t know why Mayock has Floyd as his 1st and Johnathan at 5 th. I'm no expert but you don't have to be one to see how's the better prospect.
              I heard things about Hankins being lazy, with poor work ethic.. If it's true he won't be a Giant

Comment

If we take any DT in the 1st round it better be Sheldon Richardson. DT is a position of need but I think out OL, CB and LB are more critical, so if do take anyone it better be someone that has a Top-10 talent.

Comment

Ansah in the first

Comment

Khaseem Greene is a beast.. I've been saying that.. Hes got em 3rd on the list at his positon.. Ahead of guys like Mingo and Brown.. I agree...

I will say this though.. Last yr, i was a huge Casey Hayward guy, and i had em 2nd overall at CB positon, while many had em, including mayock like 5th or not even on the list, and hes all ready looking like one of the better Corners to come outta last yrs draft.. So, take anyone, including Mayocks lists with a grain of salt.. Its all just opinions...

Comment

I heard things about Hankins being lazy, with poor work ethic.. If it's true he won't be a Giant
                      I don't know where you read that but that's far form being true in fact he is the exact opposite.
                      Do you have a link ?

Comment

Originally posted by gabriel_1 View Post
                        If we take any DT in the 1st round it better be Sheldon Richardson. DT is a position of need but I think out OL, CB and LB are more critical, so if do take anyone it better be someone that has a Top-10 talent.
                        Sheldon is a great player that plays light on his feet but I don't like the fact he is not good at all as a run stopper and can struggle to anchor and had shoulder surgery more than a year ago. Even if they draft DT in later rounds it will be a run stopper.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                          Sheldon is a great player that plays light on his feet but I don't like the fact he is not good at all as a run stopper and can struggle to anchor and had shoulder surgery more than a year ago. Even if they draft DT in later rounds it will be a run stopper.
                          Richardson is a straight gap shooter. Alford is the closest thing the Giants have drafted recently to him. Not sure if they look for players like him. I think they prefer stouter guys against the run. Sylvester Williams in the 2nd round possibly
                          Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-17-2013, 12:18 PM.

Comment

I think it makes more sense to grade the pass rushing LB's in other category. Dion Jordan and Greene shouldnt be graded in the same top 5

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                              Richardson is a straight gap shooter. Alford is the closest thing the Giants have drafted recently to him. Not sure if they look for players like him. I think they prefer stouter guys against the run. Sylvester Williams in the 2nd round possibly
                              Exactly ! And if you look back in recent years the Giants draft and develop their own DT's. Rarely they sign a DT to long term, FA or own draft picks ( recently Canty only exception) letting them walk when rookie contract expires. I feel they will continue with this trend and continue drafting DT to replace the ones who leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                                Austin too, thats what he was.

Comment

Working...
                                X